DIS Divas, Take Two & Tyler....WooHoo!! COMPLETED!...OVER 1400 PICS!!

I think that the PFF stage used to host an Aladdin show a long time ago too. I know when we went in 96, they advertised an Aladdin stage show, but we never ended up seeing the stage or show or anything.

I wasn't that big a fan of the Pomme Frittes. There was too much cheese on them for me. I love cheddar cheese, but not that much parmesan, lol. The Monte Cristo looks good though. I probably could only eat one or two pieces.

That doll is so cute. And I agree, it does look a little bit like her.

Your view of the Fireworks wasn't that bad, minus the trees. Could you hear a bit of the music?

I like that you mentioned Twister. I haven't seen it in a long time, but I really enjoy that movie.

Huh....I didn't know about the Aladdin show there.....of course our first trip since a one day stop in 1984 was 2005......so anything between those times, I don't know much about.

The pommes can be hit or miss on how good they are.....these came out hot & perfectly seasoned....but we've had a basket or two that weren't that great.

The doll.....the big eyes and the round low cheeks.....reminds me of my baby!!

We hadn't seen Twister in quite a while (and we own it)......Ty didn't make it to the end.....he missed the BIG ONE finale.....lol I stayed awake for the ending!!

That princess stage is so pretty. Looked like a cute show

I love that doll....so cute

Glad you go to see the fireworks from your room :thumbsup2

That princess stage is so pretty. Looked like a cute show

I love that doll....so cute

Glad you go to see the fireworks from your room :thumbsup2

It was a nice little show...the little kids seemed to like doing the May Pole with the princesses.

The dolls are very cute.....love their big eyes.

I wish I had seen the fireworks from the castle.....but it just didn't work out this time. The weather got so cold and windy that it was painful to be out in it. Wish the view would have been better.....but glad I got to see most of them.

When we were there in June 2010 we found we could sit, eat lunch and watch the show. It was fun for us. We were there with friends who had a 4 year old grand daughter. I took Cheyanne down to meet the Princesses. She loved it.

When we were there in June 2010 we found we could sit, eat lunch and watch the show. It was fun for us. We were there with friends who had a 4 year old grand daughter. I took Cheyanne down to meet the Princesses. She loved it.

Its great for princess lovers!!! I know they have a small restaurant up there....just don't know what they sell.

It's called Troubadour Tavern. They sell baked potatoes and corn on the cob. It is delicious. We ate there in 2010, and made sure we went back last August.

It's called Troubadour Tavern. They sell baked potatoes and corn on the cob. It is delicious. We ate there in 2010, and made sure we went back last August.

Ah-ha......funny I didn't notice the name of the place but have heard of that restaurant......lol Good to know!!!

Day Five~~Blue Shirt Day (for the Diva's still here....but you'll see I again didn't conform to the color of the day). LAST DAY!! :sad2:

So I don't know about you.....but when I'm looking for a motel across from the parks....I never get a clear picture of where motels are at & by which one, etc. So Ty and I decided to start our day by having breakfast at Mimi's. So we walked from our motel: Ramada Inn-Maingate at the corner of Disney Way & Harbor Blvd. and headed North(?) towards Mimi's/HoJo's at the corner of Harbor Blvd. and W. Manchester.

001-3.jpg

002-5.jpg

003-4.jpg

004-5.jpg

005-6.jpg

006-6.jpg

007-7.jpg

008-6.jpg

The Disneyland Pedestrian Crossing.

009-2.jpg

NEVER eat here........GROSS!!! They're always handing out coupons as you wait to cross. We ate there once.....the buffet food looked like it had been put out a week before we arrived. The hot was cold, the cold was lukewarm and things just weren't right. Even ordering off the menu didn't help this place. Trust me......I'm not the only one that feels that way.

010-6.jpg

011-5.jpg

012-4.jpg

013-5.jpg

014-5.jpg

015-8.jpg

017-5.jpg

018-4.jpg

Hopefully this will help you in your planning. The maps I've found never clearly laid these out in the right order. I even found a motel I didn't realize was there.....the BW Anaheim Inn. I've never looked at it because I thought it was further away!!

Yay! Mimis! I love it there. They give you so much food for your money. Their breakfast is really good, but they have an awesome chicken salad for their lunch too.

I never noticed that the signs for each place were all the same.

We stop at Mimi's for breakfast. I know the boards just buzz about how great Mimi's is. Our family did eat here in 2010 and we all enjoyed our breakfast.....so Ty and I decided we'd eat here. We were seated immediately. I loved these lights (just wish the pic had been better) and then noticed this scene along the ceiling.

021-6.jpg

022-4.jpg

The service was good & our food came in a timely manner. Ty ordered a breakfast sandwich on ciabatta bread. He said it was pretty good.

024-4.jpg

025-2.jpg

I had a standard breakfast of scrambled eggs, bacon & potatoes. I also got one of their famous muffins. The muffin was tasty.....the breakfast was meh and greasy.

020-6.jpg

027-4.jpg

028-4.jpg

So a little disappointed when it always gets rave reviews. I feel if a restaurant can't handle the standards.....it's got issues. Greasy spoon food was not what I expected from here.......the service gets a "B" but the food gets a "C-".

After eating, Ty & I walked over to DTD.....kinda cool getting to pass thru the esplanade before it's open to the public. I really wanted to pull out my camera & get a couple pics....but we had a security guard walking close behind & didn't want to look like we were passing thru just to do that. (which the guard had mentioned people have done). We were headed to the World of Disney store to pick up 2 more of the Animator's Collector Dolls for Addy & Shyann. We needed to get these back to the motel, so I could finish packing & check out of the motel. We got there before it opened so we had to wait. Once they opened, we found the dolls and got Ariel for Shyann & Rapunzel for Addy.

992.jpg

We headed back to the Ramada Inn-Maingate to pack up. We took all our luggage down to the office to have them store it until it was time to head to the airport. We checked out & then headed off to the parks. We went to DCA first and picked up a FP for Soarin'. We headed towards the pier so we could do Toy Story Midway Mania (if the lines weren't super bad). We ran into Daisy and her MIL, Jill. We did a couple photopass pics with them and then headed to the pier. The wind was still blowing this morning and the clouds were looking a little scary. We get down there to find the line to be 45 mins (I think)......so Ty and I decide to go do something else...saying goodbye to Daisy & Jill.

We stop and Tyler gets some pictures from around the pier.

845.jpg

846.jpg

847.jpg

848.jpg

850.jpg

852.jpg

854.jpg

As we were coming over the bridge from the Pier area.....I realized the Wharf was empty.........

029-5.jpg

030-6.jpg

Yay! Mimis! I love it there. They give you so much food for your money. Their breakfast is really good, but they have an awesome chicken salad for their lunch too.

I never noticed that the signs for each place were all the same.

As you'll see in my next post.....I was disappointed with Mimi's this time.

I really hadn't paid attention that all the signs matched.....but really, it does make it look better & easier to find things.

The skyline by the Wharf area.

855.jpg

031-5.jpg

032-6.jpg

033-5.jpg

Back to the empty wharf.....just weird to see waterways when they're emptied out.

035-4.jpg

036-6.jpg

857.jpg

LOL....power tool!!

034-5.jpg

Carthay Theater:

037-5.jpg

038-5.jpg

859.jpg

039-5.jpg

The route to going into the Hollywood Backlots.

040-5.jpg

Ty got pictures of the signs painted on the plywood walls.

864.jpg

860.jpg

862.jpg

861.jpg

863.jpg

As we enter the backlots, the Tron/Electronica stuff takes over the area. Electronica was down to just a few weeks before getting the heave ho. An Alice in Wonderland themed dance party will be taking it's place.

041-3.jpg

042-6.jpg

043-2.jpg

044-6.jpg

We went to the Muppet 3-D show. This is outside of the theater.

045-4.jpg

867.jpg

046-4.jpg

868.jpg

047-3.jpg

869.jpg

870.jpg

The motorcycle wheel actually spins!!

049-6.jpg

048-5.jpg

050-5.jpg

We go inside to find they're about to shut the doors....so no pics from the lobby area. We go in and sit down & I get one pic from inside the theater.

051-5.jpg

After the show, we headed back towards the Animation Building & Off the Page.

865.jpg

866.jpg

DCA is going to be so beautiful when they finish. I can hardly wait to see it in November.

I just read that. well I am sorry it wasn't as good this time around. The first time we went, I got what you got, and while it was only ok as well, I was impressed that a muffin and juice were also included in the meal that was cheaper than what you would get at any Denny's.

The second time we went, I got the blueberry stuffed pancakes, and it was just delicious. And then that chicken salad was really good too. I have been craving it ever since, but no one around here has anything similar. I will definitely be making a trip back there next trip!

And the signs do make it easier for finding things, it's nice.

The warf looks so weird empty. How funny that there was a power tool!

I really hope with the Alice and Wonderland Dance Party, they get rid of all that metal lighting equipment. It just makes that area look so awful, and really takes away from the old Hollywood theme.

I love Off The Page. Such a cool store.

DCA is going to be so beautiful when they finish. I can hardly wait to see it in November.

It will look amazing!! Totally different from it's original roots.

I just read that. well I am sorry it wasn't as good this time around. The first time we went, I got what you got, and while it was only ok as well, I was impressed that a muffin and juice were also included in the meal that was cheaper than what you would get at any Denny's.

The second time we went, I got the blueberry stuffed pancakes, and it was just delicious. And then that chicken salad was really good too. I have been craving it ever since, but no one around here has anything similar. I will definitely be making a trip back there next trip!

And the signs do make it easier for finding things, it's nice.

Mimi's is alright....just not as perfect as people on the Dis tend to make it sound. I think you should be able to eggs, potatoes & bacon without leaving a pool of grease on the plate....ick!! I'm not a huge breakfast person and that was unappetizing.

We've eaten dinner twice at the Millie's next door (sits in front of the Fairfield Inn) and we thought it was pretty good.....no wait, fast service, decent prices. You never hear about them on here. :confused3

The warf looks so weird empty. How funny that there was a power tool!

I really hope with the Alice and Wonderland Dance Party, they get rid of all that metal lighting equipment. It just makes that area look so awful, and really takes away from the old Hollywood theme.

I love Off The Page. Such a cool store.

I love when they empty a water area.....its fun to see what all is there & how "deep" it really is. I'm always disgusted by the garbage (which there was some) but also tickled to find something that really shouldn't be there. I'm sure Walt would have had a cow to see a power tool left out for the guests to see.

I agree about all the riggings......its very intrusive....but I guess a Hollywood backlot would have those all over the place on the sets. It just wasn't something I was into.....so that may be the reason I didn't like the look. So it will be interesting to see what they do with the Tea Party theme.

I could spend serious money at Off the Page!!! I just don't HAVE serious money!! :rotfl:

I wanted to spend some serious money there. There was a big painting of Stitch with some duckings hanging on the wall there, but it was several hundred dollars. I still wish I could have got it, but oh well. I love all the figurines and stuff too.

It's a nice little show & if your kids like to participate in things....they get to dance & do the May pole. I also understand that the PFF is getting moved to the Carnation Plaza & they're going to do something different with this area....but not sure when & how soon that will take place. If they move this, I'm thinking the stage show will be done. Wonder if they're going to put a new show in here???? (it used to house Snow White, An Enchanted Musical from 2004-2006)

[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

I want to say it was Erin's first time (2007) to DL when we went to PFF, she was 4. She took the curtsie tutorial soooo seriously!!!! I wish I took more pictures of it. The look of utter concentration as she positioned her feet just so to make sure her arms and fingers were perfect!!! It was great. Apparently a CM noticed it and afterwards presented Erin with a tierra. She still has it!! GReat great memories!!

An Enchanted Musical was one of my favorites. The Evil Queen was at her "best"!!!

I love when they empty a water area.....its fun to see what all is there & how "deep" it really is. I'm always disgusted by the garbage (which there was some) but also tickled to find something that really shouldn't be there. I'm sure Walt would have had a cow to see a power tool left out for the guests to see.

I agree about all the riggings......its very intrusive....but I guess a Hollywood backlot would have those all over the place on the sets. It just wasn't something I was into.....so that may be the reason I didn't like the look. So it will be interesting to see what they do with the Tea Party theme.

I could spend serious money at Off the Page!!! I just don't HAVE serious money!! :rotfl:

The drill was priceless. And, yes, Walt would have had a cow!!

The unused rigging and such is alittle strange to see, but when it *was* being used, it was cool!! Loved the Power Up stage show at the beginning. Glad I was able to see it one last time before they *power down*.

It should be interesting to see the Mad Hatter's Tea Party.

Off the Page is one of my favorite. That one and the one on Main Street with all of Thomas Kinkaid (sp??) paintings are my MIL and my favorites!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter