DIS Divas Just Wanna Have Fun! (TR starts on p.22) Updated 4/14

YAY!! Beth is back, while we

PATIENTLY WAIT FOR STACIE!!!!!! :hyper::rotfl:

Ready for more!popcorn:: popcorn:: popcorn::

Geez.....cut me some slack. I have started it and made the first post. I do have a life. Sad as it may be. I hope to get more done later. I am off to DD's softball game.

Geez.....cut me some slack. I have started it and made the first post. I do have a life. Sad as it may be. I hope to get more done later. I am off to DD's softball game.
It's about time!! :rotfl2: Good now I don't have to finish mine. I can just go read yours. :laughing:

Thats awsome how you all get together for your own trip to Disneyland. Haven't been to Dl in 3yrs and missing it bad. So I'm going to enjoy it thru your trip report.
Thanks, it was a lot of fun planning this trip. It was our second annual Girls Only trip and we had approximately 43 ladies altogether. We are already working on dates for next year's trip. :yay:

Well, I wasn't going to continue with my TR due to my lack of notes, lack of pictures and the fact that Stacie started her TR and gave me an excuse not to. :rolleyes1 :rotfl:
But I have time to kill right now, and also I promised to eventually get to the info and pics from Club 33, sooooooo I'm moving forward with this whether or not I actually have any readers. lol

When we left off I was in the room getting ready for the Pizza Party Meet and Greet. On my way up to the room I actually ran into Stacie and she had pulled me into the conference room to show me how the decorating was going. I have to say, it looked amazing!!

These were the ladies in charge of the planning for this event and they really out did themselves.
Left to Right: Stacie/Stacerita, Cheryl/toocherie and Michelle/Zoemakes5
hardworkers.jpg

They did a Mardi Gras theme and the whole room was transformed. They are very creative and such hard workers, so I knew the room would look good, but I was still really blown away by how much work they'd put into it. Fabulous job ladies!!!!! :worship: :worship: :worship:

I ran upstairs to change and was soon joined by Capri and January. We did a little unpacking, got freshened up and soon it was time to head downstairs for some fun!

When we first entered the room, there were already lots of ladies in there. We were all given Mardi Gras beads (and we didn't even have to flash anyone to get them! lol) and there was a Bingo game going on. You had to find someone in the group who matched the description in a square and get them to sign that square. You couldn't have the same person sign more then once and the first person to have all their squares signed was the winner.

I had no idea they'd been planning a game, but I have to say it was such a good idea. What a fun way to force everyone to get up and mingle as opposed to just walking in and plopping down at a table and not talking to anyone.
As a side note, the square I was asked to sign the most said, "Has over a 1,000 posts on the DIS." Gee, for some reason everyone seemed to think of me when they read that. :confused3 :rolleyes1

After that it was time to dig into the food (salad, vege platter, nuts, various pizzas) and the booze, and chat it up with the ladies.

The booze!
P3050062.jpg

Amy/Grumpyvet hamming it up with Lorealle (in the mask)! Amy is a hoot and had the group busting up most of the night.
AmyandLorealle.jpg

Stacie and Michelle showing off the candy buffet. This was an idea that I had read about on the DIS budget board, and had always wanted to try. I think it turned out great! EVERYONE brought candy in to share, some even brought in homemade items like toffee. Yum. Everyone was given mini lime green tote bags to fill up with candy to enjoy that night or save for later.
candybuffet.jpg

Dig in!!
100_0001.jpg

100_0002.jpg

100_0003.jpg

100_0004.jpg

100_0005.jpg

100_0006.jpg

100_0007.jpg

After everyone was done eating and had their fill of candy (there was still tons of it left over!) it was time for the tote exchange. This was Stacie's idea and I had so much fun doing this. Basically it was open to anyone who wanted to play, all you had to do was bring in a medium sized tote worth between $15-$20.
The game was done in sort of a white elephant style where there are no names on it, you go up one at a time to pick your wrapped tote, and someone else can either steal it from you or pick a new one. I had mine stolen more then once, lol, but it was all in good fun and in the end I loved the tote I had. In addition to being cute, it was filled with all sorts of goodies. :yay:

Linda's daughter Brianne, holding up her choice during the tote game:
toteexchange.jpg

Another fun moment during the evening was announcing the winner of the Name that Croc game.
No, we aren't naming our shoes. lol This was a contest held by Cheryl/toocherie and Sarah/MotoXPrincess99.
They bought the cutest (and softest) little stuffed croc who was to become our trip mascot. But she needed a name, so they held a contest where everyone could submit their name ideas, and they would choose the winner.

Well, my roomie January was the winner!! Everyone, meet the newest member of the Girls Only Trip.......Tinkerbites!! princess: She was all decked out in a cape that had our shirt logo on it (a Tinkerbell) as well as a blinged out collar and a mini tiara. She even had her own matching lanyard with her name on it. Too cute!

January.jpg

The party was a huge hit. I think everyone who attended had a blast. I know some ladies were concerned about missing out on park time to attend this meet and greet, but in the end I think everyone was glad they came. And more importantly, I can definitely see this being a part of each trip from now on. It was just a great way to sort of break the ice and get to know one another before hitting the parks the next day.

My hat is off to Stacie, Cheryl and Michelle for all their hard work in setting up/cleaning up, keeping the party flowing smoothly, and seeing to it that everyone had fun. They went above and beyond, and we all thank you for that. :)

So day one of the trip has come to a close, and everyone was off to their rooms to rest up for the first full day in the parks.
Sleep well ladies........and you too Tinkerbites.
100_0009.jpg

Up next: Don't forget your tiara! A lesson in how to make Beth (that would be me) bawl like a baby. And take two on the VIP tour, will it turn out any better this time around?

(Photo disclaimer: Most of the pics are mine, but some of them are borrowed, with permission, from a shared Shutterfly account that we have set up for us all to share our pics. A lot of the ladies didn't even bother to take photos since every time something picture worthy came up, 5 ladies whipped out their camera! LOL So we all just decided to share pics at the end.)

Thanks! :goodvibes

She is! I love our new trip mascot. She rocks! And bites.

Soooooooo, anyone care to remind me what the heck we did on Friday?? :rolleyes1 :rotfl:

Kidding. ;) (sort of)

I believe several of us started out with Breakfast at Mimi's . . .. . then my scooter broke . . . . and then we did the Princess Photo, that I got there just in time for. After that I went on the VIP Tour (well, sorta went on a tour) and I'm not sure what you did. At some point we went to Carnation Cafe. We ended the day with the DVC Tour and I think you went to Napa Rose after.

I believe several of us started out with Breakfast at Mimi's . . .. . then my scooter broke . . . . and then we did the Princess Photo, that I got there just in time for. After that I went on the VIP Tour (well, sorta went on a tour) and I'm not sure what you did. At some point we went to Carnation Cafe. We ended the day with the DVC Tour and I think you went to Napa Rose after.
Oh yeah, that's right. :lmao: Gee, thanks. Now I can just copy and paste your post. :rotfl2:

I am SOOOOOOO happy you're doing a trip report!:woohoo:

I love it! Keep going. More.....more.....more popcorn::
Thanks. As my roomie you might be called upon to help fill in some of the missing details.

OH! I was thinking of you the other day. I grabbed a Diet Pepsi from the fridge and it was only around 10 a.m. so Ruben says to me, "Soda this early?"
I started cracking up because I remembered you at like 6 in the morning, eyes barely open, stumbling over to the fridge to grab your DP. :rotfl2:
I loved that, totally cracks me up every time I think about it. :rotfl:

Oh yeah, that's right. :lmao: Gee, thanks. Now I can just copy and paste your post. :rotfl2:

Thanks. As my roomie you might be called upon to help fill in some of the missing details.

OH! I was thinking of you the other day. I grabbed a Diet Pepsi from the fridge and it was only around 10 a.m. so Ruben says to me, "Soda this early?"
I started cracking up because I remembered you at like 6 in the morning, eyes barely open, stumbling over to the fridge to grab your DP. :rotfl2:

You girls and your caffeine addiction.

Ok, off to Starbucks!

Call away if you need help. :thumbsup2

Yep, me stumbling to the fridge for a Diet Pepsi in the weeeee hours of the morning.......great site first thing in the morning, wasn't I? I'd two fist it if I wasn't afraid of spilling all over myself. :laughing:

Ok, off to Starbucks!
:laughing:

Call away if you need help. :thumbsup2

Yep, me stumbling to the fridge for a Diet Pepsi in the weeeee hours of the morning.......great site first thing in the morning, wasn't I? I'd two fist it if I wasn't afraid of spilling all over myself. :laughing:
:rotfl:
You and I are struggling to open our eyes and there's January, sitting on the bed, showered, make-up on, dressed down to her shoes, patiently waiting to hit the parks!!! :eek: :lmao: :lmao:

Thanks! :goodvibes

She is! I love our new trip mascot. She rocks! And bites.

Soooooooo, anyone care to remind me what the heck we did on Friday?? :rolleyes1 :rotfl:

Kidding. ;) (sort of)

Tiara's my dear, Tiara's & potato soup!

Ok, off to Starbucks!

Oh I heart Starbucks!!

:laughing:

:rotfl:
You and I are struggling to open our eyes and there's January, sitting on the bed, showered, make-up on, dressed down to her shoes, patiently waiting to hit the parks!!! :eek: :lmao: :lmao:

Hey don't laugh...that was me too...

Why on earth would I finish my report and miss all these hilarious posts/pictures??? :lmao::lmao:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter