• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Dinner totals...

akalittleeva

Mouseketeer
It is my understanding that when on the DDP, your dinner bill does not include the total for your meal, just how many credits were used. Can I get a regular bill, too, or at least the meal total, if I ask - my family thinks we are crazy to get the DDP (they've never even been to WDW!!!) and I want to show them that we at least broke even and enjoyed some great food!

I'm sure that you can. The one that you sign on has the total. I would always just look at that one and then write it on the copy provided without the totals.

I'm not sure how many are in your family, but ours was 2 adults and 2 kids so our cost was about $97/day. One character breakfast or dinner was easily $75-$100. I didn't keep track to the penny, but the cost of our meals on the DDP was $150 - $175 per day. Good deal for me.

Yes when they give you the bill to sign and hand you a pen, just write the totals from the bill onto the receipt they give you.

We paid $980 for the Dining plan last year and the totals for just TS meals was around $1500

We were always presented with a bill showing the food and $ to sign, then one that just said how many credits to keep. Sometimes we also got one showing $ to keep. I'd just copy the total onto my receipt. We had 3 dinners (2 adults) where the total was in the $110-115 range when we had paid $76 for the DDP. Of course, we also had snack and CS those days too!

Yes, I feel that the plan was a good deal for us. However, in fairness, I wouldn't have ordered nearly this much food had it not been for the plan. We would probably have skipped appetizers, ordered entrees, and split a dessert. On the plan, we had 2 of each....Even so, the food that I would have ordered would have cost more than the $76 that the plan cost.

2 Happy Kids said:
I'm sure that you can. The one that you sign on has the total. I would always just look at that one and then write it on the copy provided without the totals.

I'm not sure how many are in your family, but ours was 2 adults and 2 kids so our cost was about $97/day. One character breakfast or dinner was easily $75-$100. I didn't keep track to the penny, but the cost of our meals on the DDP was $150 - $175 per day. Good deal for me.

I did this as well because I LOVED keeping track of how much i was saving!

When your ringing out a CS, look quick and you can get the total for that as well! We made a game of keeping track of everything when we had the plan in January. DD was in charge of copying the totals from the CS as I was handing over my card. I actually made a spread sheet when we returned to see what we spent.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter