Dining plan speculation that I have heard for 2008~

My biggest concern would be dropping the tip. The ramifications of that will be poor service because a percentage of people will think it's added in. Another percentage won't tip near the 18% that a server was previously getting from the DDP users. This will create ill will among servers so quality of service will suffer.

I am willing to accept slow or poor service on occasion but on my Disney trip, I, like most of you, want everything to be as positive as I can make it.

Since I tip generously, it would add 20% to my DDP cost. I don't know if I could accept that.

We've been on the DDP the past two years and loved it. I hope they don't make extreme changes like droppin the tip. That would make the plan not nearly as convenient for us. I'm sure it has already long since been decided what they are going to do for 2008, so I guess we'll just have to wait and see. Maybe if enough people complain or stop using it, we can hope for another change in 2009!;)

I am thinking they are delivering the wine to your room not sell it in the park, thats my hunch anyhow:confused3 . I think other wise they need to worry about intoxicated people in the park and all that sorta stuff.

That sure would be ALOT of wine to have in your room!

I think the no appetizer thing stinks but lets face it you get alot with dinner normally anyhow. drink, entree, dessert. I for one can not consume all the food normally they give I love the chance to have "just a taste" of things.

I think the whole bit on the snacks is a joke though. very limited things to pick from.

I did hear it on WDWToday, the entire bit thats were i got my info from.

The stuff i was stating was for 2008 , not this year!

I hope that I am wrong and so is the source. these trips are going to be out of my pocket book before long. the entire room stay bit charging daily now ( with a increase anyhow). DDP will raise its price and probably give less ( wait and see ). then the snack bit will be less to pick from. Who is going to tell ther kid No everytime they see someone eatting a mickey icecream bar or rice krispie bar? i will say yes, but not everytime.

Um, the OP is referring to what will be coming out in 2008, not the current plan.

Again, the OP was pretty clear... there will be radical changes to DDP in 2008 and was referring to the rumor of new levels to the dinning plan in 2008. It was not a reference to the current standard, premium or platinum plan... but a reference to the new 2008 value, moderate, and deluxe plans that thus far look something like...

Do yall actually read the entire post, or just skim looking for things to comment on that are not on topic?

Actually if you read my response I have quoted the original poster. The OP said "sounds the same as the one plan but now get mugs with it also" and that is when I said that the 3 TS meal plan sounds like he/she was referring to the Premium or Platinum plan. I did not look for anything that was off topic and I do not appreciate your attitude. I have not made one negative post on this board before nor have I intended to.

Thank you!

Missie

Um, the OP is referring to what will be coming out in 2008, not the current plan.

As for your correction to my post, the OP said
sounds the same as the one plan but now get mugs with it also

I feel the OP was not being clear. The rumors for 2008 sound radically different from the current plan and I wanted to emphasize it.

I am excited to hear the new changes!

I think the rumor mill info, was more along the lines of expanded and more varied plan types. Much like the resorts are Value, Moderate and Deluxe... The DDP plans will fit in much the same categories.

Value: There will be a standard plan, that will no longer include the tip nor appetizers.

Moderate: There will be a plan that included wine with meals.

Deluxe: There will be a plan that is TS for every meal.

This is pretty much what I've been hoping to see - a tiered dining plan that better accounts for each family's dining style and budget. We would *gladly* take the improved meal offerings of the premium package if it didn't come priced to include all those recreational options that we have no intention of using.

This is pretty much what I've been hoping to see - a tiered dining plan that better accounts for each family's dining style and budget. We would *gladly* take the improved meal offerings of the premium package if it didn't come priced to include all those recreational options that we have no intention of using.

:thumbsup2 :thumbsup2 :thumbsup2

The "wine" inclusion sounds strange to me.
I thought there were very limited places to even get wine? Do they mean you'll get it at a resort store? A bottle included with your dinner? I mean, a glass perhaps for each adult but what a waste if they go unfinished (LOL), but you get my meaning...and for families??? I'd rather see the appetizers stay!!
This will be interesting when it all "comes clean" with facts....

The "wine" inclusion sounds strange to me.
I thought there were very limited places to even get wine? Do they mean you'll get it at a resort store? A bottle included with your dinner? I mean, a glass perhaps for each adult but what a waste if they go unfinished (LOL), but you get my meaning...and for families??? I'd rather see the appetizers stay!!
This will be interesting when it all "comes clean" with facts....

Only place that limits wine is the Magic Kingdom, which is dry (except for special events).

Don't you still get adult beverages included at the dinner shows? It wouldn't be a reach to offer a guest a glass of "house wine" with dinner. The cost for glass of "bulk wine" might not be much more then the cost of a glass of milk. That would be a way to help sell the more expensive plans. I'm sure the cost of glass of wine is less then the cost of the tip which is being dropped.

I suspect the bottle of wine, if true, will be one bottle for the length of stay. Maybe a second bottle if you stay more then a certain number of days. I don't picture Disney giving a couple a bottle of wine every day.

The only restaurants that are "dry" are the restaurants in the MK. Restaurants in the resorts, and other theme parks including the water parks, serve adult beverages.

I completely agree!!!! This is really what I have been hoping for. :banana: :banana: :banana:

Hmmm....So do the 10 year old "adults" get a bottle of wine if this happens? If not, there should be a reduced price for those who aren't of legal drinking age.

Hmmm....So do the 10 year old "adults" get a bottle of wine if this happens? If not, there should be a reduced price for those who aren't of legal drinking age.

Adult beverages are included in the dinner shows. Guests who don't drink adult beverages don't get any kind of discount. Keep in mind a glass of draft beer or bulk wine doesn't really cost the restaurant very much, may not cost any more then a carton of milk.

Disney doesn't give a discount if a guest only goes through a buffet line once. Guests don't have to eat and drink everything that's offered.

I doubt they would do that. Beer and wine are included at the HDDR. You don't pay less of an adult price if you are under 21.

I'll come right out here at the start and admit that I have not thoroughly researched this OR listened to the podcast, but since many others have commented on the possibility of offering wine (in some form or fashion) to guests staying at a moderate resort....here goes:

From MY perspective (being someone who does not drink alcoholic beverages) the inclusion of wine is of no interest to me at all. I acknowledge that this fact no doubt places me in the minority of Disney guests, but nonetheless, I might imagine that "wine" would appeal to a narrower range of potential Disney guests than say, an extended snack menu.

Nevertheless, as others have wisely pointed out, it isn't all about me (regrettably :rolleyes1 ), and there certainly must be business/financial/marketing reasons behind these new plans.

I realize my one little post isn't going to change the dining plan, but I do appreciate the opportunity to chime in with my thoughts.

Adult beverages are included in the dinner shows. Guests who don't drink adult beverages don't get any kind of discount. Keep in mind a glass of draft beer or bulk wine doesn't really cost the restaurant very much, may not cost any more then a carton of milk.

Disney doesn't give a discount if a guest only goes through a buffet line once. Guests don't have to eat and drink everything that's offered.

So very true, think about how big they are and the more they buy the cheaper it will be! Pop in a "regualr" restaurant is costing the owner 5cents tops for pop, mixers , beer and wine are like 20cents. alcoholic bev. are the money maker for a 1 restaurant owner. think how well they do then!

The wine would be nice but I think it would be to much for me with a 8 day trip /8 bottles of wine if they are going to do a bottle a day. I think in 7 days-2-3 bottles should be good enough. thats just me though.

I am sure there will be some fine print to follow the new plan!
I wouldn't mind 2 TS and 2 snacks a day~ then we can do a early breakfast have a mid day snack and then dinner. it would also let you use to counter meals and not pay OOP if you did not want to.

hopefully we can it will be for the better and everyone will benefit from the new plans being offered.

So very true, think about how big they are and the more they buy the cheaper it will be! Pop in a "regualr" restaurant is costing the owner 5cents tops for pop, mixers , beer and wine are like 20cents. alcoholic bev. are the money maker for a 1 restaurant owner. think how well they do then!

The wine would be nice but I think it would be to much for me with a 8 day trip /8 bottles of wine if they are going to do a bottle a day. I think in 7 days-2-3 bottles should be good enough. thats just me though.

I am sure there will be some fine print to follow the new plan!
I wouldn't mind 2 TS and 2 snacks a day~ then we can do a early breakfast have a mid day snack and then dinner. it would also let you use to counter meals and not pay OOP if you did not want to.

hopefully we can it will be for the better and everyone will benefit from the new plans being offered.

I, too, would love it if they offered an alternative plan with 2 TS meals per day- it suits our family much better as we prefer TS meals, but also find the premium plan to include way to many extras that we would not use.

I never realized that Disney includes beer and wine in the price at the HDDR, but charges the same price whether someone is 10 yo or 25 yo. Wow, if that's true, it doesn't seem right to me. So does that mean they'll probably charge everyone for the "free" wine, whether they want it, or even if they can't have it due to age or medical reasons?

An extremely limited selection of beer has always been included in the price at the Hoop. Well, since 1983 anyway which was our first experience there. Mai Tais were also included in the price of the Luau for many years as well. We haven't been to that in years so I don't know if that is still the case.

I suppose it is just like any other aspect of the DDP...not everyone uses all the options. And a draft Budweiser is probably not much more expensive than a glass of milk as someone pointed out before. Might be cheaper these days really.

I dislike the idea of free wine, the last thing I want on my holiday is to see people wandering around drunk. Ok it's one bottle but for someone like me who doesn't drink one or two glasses would have me rolling.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter