Dining plan and ADR concerns, advice please...

crock

Earning My Ears
I am in charge of planning a family trip this December, normally it is DH, myself and DS (12). For this trip we are also bringing a friend for DS, MIL and FIL. We have never done dining plan before nor have we really done several TS meals. Usually by the end of our trips, we never want to see another chicken strip again, so we decided to go with the TS meals to give us a little more....I gotta be honest the 180 days stressed me out to a degree, but more then that its the do we do counter meals for lunch and TS for dinner or vice versa. On top of that FIL is a man of size and may not be doing day and night trips with us, we are staying at the cabins. We are totally ok with going back to the cabins at some point during the day for rest, what are some ideas people who have used the dining plan have done, making the most for the set up. We are planning on doing light breakfasts (for the most part- although I am doing Chef Mickeys if it kills me) by bringing/buying light stuff for our room. Thanks

I am in charge of planning a family trip this December, normally it is DH, myself and DS (12). For this trip we are also bringing a friend for DS, MIL and FIL. We have never done dining plan before nor have we really done several TS meals. Usually by the end of our trips, we never want to see another chicken strip again, so we decided to go with the TS meals to give us a little more....I gotta be honest the 180 days stressed me out to a degree, but more then that its the do we do counter meals for lunch and TS for dinner or vice versa. On top of that FIL is a man of size and may not be doing day and night trips with us, we are staying at the cabins. We are totally ok with going back to the cabins at some point during the day for rest, what are some ideas people who have used the dining plan have done, making the most for the set up. We are planning on doing light breakfasts (for the most part- although I am doing Chef Mickeys if it kills me) by bringing/buying light stuff for our room. Thanks

I usually do travel alone, but occasionally do take family or friends.

For the first time, last year, I took two college aged friends and they insisted on doing the DDP, so they could pay for it ahead and control food costs.

It was the first time I ever made ADR's and boy am I glad I did. They extended the 4/3 deal and free dining to mid-December and the place was busier than usual for the week after Thanksgiving.

I made an ADR for each night; some casual and two character dinners. I let the online system help me make some choices and they all actually turned out well. One night I got sick and we cancelled one reservation in the afternoon and just ate at the resort.

I would maybe make at least ADR's for a portion of the week, but keep it casual....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter