Dining options, my 6 year old loves to dance!

Marciahogan

Earning My Ears
Hi there, off to stay at WDW for our 2nd time in March and Tusker House was recommended as our treat dinner. We have quick service plan so this will be a one off treat. Last year we bookec Mickeys Backyard BBQ and our son loved it as there is a disco with characters but it was car abe trying to get close to them with kids hanging off them.

Is it worth booking to go back just for the dancing or will dinner at Tusker House cater for our little 6 year olds dancing needs?

Or any other recomendations?

There isn't really room at TH for anything like that. It's wall-to-wall tables, other than in the actual buffet area.

They have a parade at Crystal Palace and Akershus, and at Ohana breakfast. There's the napkin thing at Chef Mickey.

For non-characters, there is coconut racing and some foolery at Ohana dinner, kids dance at Biergarten with the oompa band. Raglan Road at DS.

There isn't really dancing at TH dinner that I noticed. Not even much of a Conga line.

They did a Conga line when we were there 2 weeks ago. But it was late and there weren't many kids left to get involved so it didn't evolve into much of anything.

For OP, where we were seated there really wasn't any room to dance. If your 6 year old likes dancing though I'd try Biergarten or Raglan Road. You can't keep my kids off the dance floor at Biergarten.

It isn't really "dancing," per say. We did Tusker House breakfast and they had a conga line/parade.

At Akershus and Crystal Palace, the characters also led a parade around the room.

They did a Conga line when we were there 2 weeks ago. But it was late and there weren't many kids left to get involved so it didn't evolve into much of anything.

For OP, where we were seated there really wasn't any room to dance. If your 6 year old likes dancing though I'd try Biergarten or Raglan Road. You can't keep my kids off the dance floor at Biergarten.

Yes! You want the biergarten, OP! Lots of room and ability to dance your little heart out.

I think the one you experienced with the Backyard BBQ is your best bet for dancing. I also thought the food was pretty good.

There is no dancing at Tusker House. Only places I recall for dancing are the BBQ and Beirgarten / Epcot - Germany.

Another vote for Biergarten! My DD always spends most of our meal time on the dance floor.

Edited to add: If Club Villain is extended into March and if the higher cost still fits your budget for your "treat" dinner, IMO that is another excellent opportunity for kids and adults to dance their hearts out, plus you get the character M&G experience.

Biergarten and Raglan Road are potential options (we really enjoyed the food at Raglan) and there is some sort of kids thingy sometimes at 'Ohana (can't remember if it was a dance or what).

For quick service, Cosmic Rays in Magic Kingdom's Tomorrowland has Sonny Eclipse performing and some of the songs are very catchy. If you're eating there at a quiet time your son could have a little boogie.

Biergarten and Raglan Road are potential options (we really enjoyed the food at Raglan) and there is some sort of kids thingy sometimes at 'Ohana (can't remember if it was a dance or what).

At Ohana, its a quick Limbo and coconut races (kids sweep coconuts with a broom across the floor).

67616_158418330859938_7609126_n.jpg

22061_100716489963456_1121318_n.jpg

Restaurant Marrakesh, in Morocco! Our 2yo and lots of other kids got out on the dance floor and we got pictures with the belly dancer too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter