Dineyland w/Pics: updated 4/22/08, Pin Fun? pg 89 #1325

Now Buzz, don't be changing your reporting style! Personally, I love the way you and Linnie write.

I totally agree with blue on this one.

Since the time we spend in the park is usually 3-4 hours I think a pictorial trip report works better for that

Do they just do that for youngins and seniors? Hmm...wonder which category you fall into. :rotfl2:

I fall into the "Young at Heart" age group

He was actually standing there to stop the "Guest" from running down Main Street to their first destination.

You would be surprised at how many "Guest" are injured or knocked down when the park opens.

They need better GAT skills

You keep telling yourself that Goofster :rotfl:

:thumbsup2

As I said now into my favorite shop, Disneyana, here you will find the shall we say higher end collectibles.

Disneyland4-29-07063.jpg

There is a small semi-circle alcove that display artwork for purchase

Disneyland4-29-07064.jpg

In the main area you will find a number of display cases with figurines,

Disneyland4-29-07065.jpg

And Walt Disney Classic Collections

Disneyland4-29-07066.jpg

And the back wall is covered with Resin Figurines

Disneyland4-29-07067.jpg

WHAT NO GOOFY!!!!!! :goofy:

Oh, yeah, I already got one…. :thumbsup2

In the front part of the store they usually have items that relate to the newest popular attraction/movie and also a number of books about everything Disney

Disneyland4-29-07068.jpg

Disneyland4-29-07069.jpg

Here are some Pirate items

Disneyland4-29-07070.jpg

On the far wall are small Litho’s that you can have framed

Disneyland4-29-07071.jpg

Next to Disneyana is the Walt Disney Cinema

Disneyland4-29-07107.jpg

Disneyland4-29-07073.jpg

The same Ticket lady has been there since my first visit back in….well let’s just say a long time

Then there is the Magic Shop

Disneyland4-29-07074.jpg

All kinds of Magic Tricks and other things…..I think they have fake Spiders, wonder who I could get those for?

At the end of this block of stores is the Disney Showcase, here you will find some of the small souvenirs like pens, pencils, buttons and a few pins and clothes, like T-shirts etc.

Disneyland4-29-07075.jpg

Disneyland4-29-07076.jpg

Disneyland4-29-07077.jpg

Ok, that’s all for now, next is the Mad Hatter, Opera House and Train Station.

Wow, who would of thought that this one day trip report would be as long as Blue_river’s

Disneyana looks *SO* nice. I really want to find a Mickey/Minnie wedding snowglobe or figurine and I'm hoping they'll have one there :cutie:

Disneyana looks *SO* nice. I really want to find a Mickey/Minnie wedding snowglobe or figurine and I'm hoping they'll have one there :cutie:

Don't know about a Snow Globe with Mickey and Minnie, I know they have/had figurines.

I know the Emporium has a lots of Snow Globes so check there too.

We interrupt this Trip Report for a special posting of pictures for a fellow Dis’er just in case she and her family make it out to Disneyland some day.

Disneyland4-29-07132.jpg

Disneyland4-29-07111.jpg

Disneyland4-29-07114.jpg

Disneyland4-29-07116.jpg

Disneyland4-29-07121.jpg

The Secret One
Disneyland4-29-07122.jpg

Disneyland4-29-07124.jpg

Disneyland4-29-07130.jpg

Disneyland4-29-07131.jpg

Now you will be returned to our regularly scheduled Trip Report

As I said now into my favorite shop, Disneyana, here you will find the shall we say higher end collectibles.

Some beautiful stuff in there! I think I will put aside a little extra this trip to pick up something special :banana:

You got some terrific pictures Goofster. I wonder what the CM's were thinking when you were taking so many shots in the stores :laughing:

Goofster said:
The same Ticket lady has been there since my first visit back in….well let’s just say a long time

You can say it ..... we won't laugh, I promise :rolleyes1

Goofster said:
All kinds of Magic Tricks and other things…..I think they have fake Spiders, wonder who I could get those for?

NOT ME!!!!!!!!!!!!! :scared1: :eek:

Goofster said:
Wow, who would of thought that this one day trip report would be as long as Blue_river’s

If I posted ALL of my pictures, mine would be even longer ;)

Goofster said:
We interrupt this Trip Report for a special posting of pictures for a fellow Dis’er just in case she and her family make it out to Disneyland some day.

I do believe they have been a few times. She's probably very familiar with those places.

lol-045.gif

After leaving Disney Showcase I headed over to the Mad Hatter hat shop

Disneyland4-29-07078.jpg

Disneyland4-29-07079.jpg

Next to the Mad Hatter shop is Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln, well actually right now it is Disney history with Donald Duck and Steve Martin, who by the way used to work at the Magic Shop on Main Street. The lobby of Mr. Lincoln is filled with lots of displays of Disney history and memorabilia

Disneyland4-29-07100.jpg

Disneyland4-29-07080.jpg

Disneyland4-29-07081.jpg

These cases to the right used to house Walt’s office furniture before they were removed for this display, one display is on exhibit down at Walt Disney World, and they had better send it back….

Disneyland4-29-07082.jpg

Disneyland4-29-07084.jpg

Here is a sitting area where you can watch a film about the park over the years

Disneyland4-29-07083.jpg

Some more of the displays

Disneyland4-29-07085.jpg

Disneyland4-29-07087.jpg

Disneyland4-29-07091.jpg

Disneyland4-29-07092.jpg

Disneyland4-29-07095.jpg

Disneyland4-29-07097.jpg

And in the center of the room there is a scale mock-up of the “Original” Disneyland

Disneyland4-29-07088.jpg

Disneyland4-29-07089.jpg

Disneyland4-29-07090.jpg

Disneyland4-29-07096.jpg

Next to Mr. Lincoln is what used to be the old Bank of America bank building.

Disneyland4-29-07098.jpg

You used to be able to go in and cash a check or if you were a Bank of America customer you could do your other banking there also. When this bank was operating it used to have the highest loss rate do to bad checks than any other branch in existence. Now it it used to process Annual Passes.

Well believe it or not I think this concludes my travels last Sunday at Disneyland. It was nice day, very overcast and the crowds started growing about the time I was leaving.

If I can remember to charge the camera battery and empty the flash card maybe I’ll take some more shots this weekend. Hope you enjoyed this little trip down Main Street USA.

You could as least put in the official name of my beloved attraction, which is "The First 50 Magical Years."

Love you trip report! princess:

Wow! I loved everything! I *Must* do some exploring of Main Street when we are there in June.

Puh-Lease post more pics after your next visit! Can we maybe do Fantasyland next?! My personal favorite. :)

What I love about this trip report is that it is a never ending one :yay:

What are you planning to take for us this weekend?

You could as least put in the official name of my beloved attraction, which is "The First 50 Magical Years."

Love you trip report! princess:

It will always be "Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln"

OT-When are going apartment shopping?

Wow! I loved everything! I *Must* do some exploring of Main Street when we are there in June.

Puh-Lease post more pics after your next visit! Can we maybe do Fantasyland next?! My personal favorite. :)

That's what is nice about getting to go so often, you really have time to stop and look around for all the little details.

I think we can do Fantasyland next…so stay tuned.

What I love about this trip report is that it is a never ending one :yay:

What are you planning to take for us this weekend?

You have no idea what you are asking for; once I get started you wouldn’t be able to get me to stop. Just remember it will be your fault. .

We had a request for Fantasyland so who I am I to argue.

This is all "fine and dandy" but what Buzzila is interested in is:

1). Pictures of the winery at California Adventure
2). A good, honest critique of the KFC "Big Box"
3). California "Beach" shots of famous people doing things they shouldn't

If you can provide just two of the three, I'll be satisfied.

Thank you for your attention to this matter and have a good day.

MDF :cool2:

You have no idea what you are asking for; once I get started you wouldn’t be able to get me to stop. Just remember it will be your fault. .

That's the whole point! :teeth:

At least it doesn't take you months to finish. :sad2:

This is all "fine and dandy" but what Buzzila is interested in is:

1). Pictures of the winery at California Adventure
2). A good, honest critique of the KFC "Big Box"
3). California "Beach" shots of famous people doing things they shouldn't

If you can provide just two of the three, I'll be satisfied.

Thank you for your attention to this matter and have a good day.

MDF :cool2:

I'm surprised you didn't request something about a beer factory :laughing:

What is your deal with the Big Box anyhow? Don't you find KFC chicken too greasy? We decide about twice a year to have KFC and we're always disappointed afterwards.

What kind of beach shots are you talkin? Inquiring minds want to know :rolleyes1

Goofster - I have no requests for you because I have no idea what is there. I've never been, never seen pics and have done no reading up on it, which is why I'm enjoying your trip reports :thumbsup2

Are you two hockey fans? Notice my new pic in my signature!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter