Digital Scrapping FAQ

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sticky is just the term to describe a thread that has been "stuck" to the top, so it won't get lost, it will always remain at the top of the list.

I am SO happy I found this information! Thank you for all your hard work. We are going to WDW for the 1st time in Sept and I want to put together a digi scrapbook and then have it printed. Which site do you recommend I start with. Bear in mind I am a complete newbie to all this. Thanks!

Great information in one place! After reading you post I decided to go out and buy software for digiscrapping and try my hand at it!

Thanks so much! :thumbsup2

Thank you to the OP. I am just getting interested in scrapbooking, have only bought lots (and lots) of papers, and was wondering about the digital aspect. Especially about printing them. So I thank you very much for the informative post. :thumbsup2

:thanks:

I'm a newbie to the digi-world...ok...i'm new to scrapbooking in general. But I just don't have the time or the space for the traditional method of scrapping so I'm diving into the digital world instead!

Anyway...I've found a program that I think I like for my mac (iscrapbook), but I was wondering, can someone explain to me how the various downloads work? Like when I go to a company online and download "stuff"...is it a one time use kind of thing? Or is it one of those once you download it, you can use it as many times as you want to?

Thanks so much for this tutorial of sorts! It's very helpful!

Most of it is yours to keep as far as I know, but I am new to this as well.

As for the person who asked how something becomes a sticky that has an easy answer. The moderators (aka the gods that control these boards) click on the post and hit "make a sticky" or something like it (depending on the board software). We mere mortals don't have those rights. I am not sure how this board works, but usually when you become a top poster or are extremely "loyal" to the board (spend a lot of time on them) they (the moderators) will invite you to moderate and give you such privileges.

Anyway...I've found a program that I think I like for my mac (iscrapbook), but I was wondering, can someone explain to me how the various downloads work? Like when I go to a company online and download "stuff"...is it a one time use kind of thing? Or is it one of those once you download it, you can use it as many times as you want to?

Sorry I can't help with the iscrapbook/mac part of this - I am an avid PC user since the AppleIIE!!! But, regarding the packs you can download, these usually come with a liscensing agreement which boil down to: You can use it over & over for your own personal use, but cannot re-distribute or make copies. Pretty standard. But they are usuallyjust jpgs, psd, png or other standard file types.

Just read the details before buying. For example, you wouldn't want to download any "Actions" as most of these are only pertinent and usable in PhotoShop products.

Thank you so very much for your help!

I actually bought a pack of stuff from ACOT and played with it tonight. I've figured it out...and it doesn't appear to be a one time use thing, thankfully!

I've now got to go ahead and buy the full version of the iScrapbook. It's getting easier to manuever through...I can't wait to do a full book!!

Great...yet another addiction! At least this one won't clutter up the house...unlike my cake decorating stuff!!

I just finished my very first page on a free trial of Photoshop Elements (thought I'd try it before I bought it!!). I see that you have some links for printing, but I can't figure out how to get a whole layout printed. Also, I don't have a Costco near me...does Walmart do the same thing? I have that and a Rite-aid - I'm just not sure how to go about printing off the whole layout...

When I looked at the bound books (which I eventually want to do) it seems like they want you to use their formats/backgrounds, and just your pics, not your whole layout... help!

You upload your scrapbook page to shutterfly for the books. You have to change a couple of their settings to do that, which I don't remember offhand, but you get what you make.

Thanks to everyone for all this info. I am considering switching to digital scrapbooks, but didn't know where to start. This will help me out!

Bren

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter