Diez (10) Noches Calientes en la Riviera Mexicana/17 de abril 2011 (4.17.11 Wonder!)

AlexandNessa

<font color=red>Proud Redhead<br><font color=green
For all you English lubbers: "10 Hot Nights in the Mexican Riviera/April 17, 2011!"

Who else is in?!

I am booked and will be "in" as soon as the school announces next year's school schedule. (expect around Dec)

Our cruise covers parts of two weeks. I can't take DS out of school that long. BUT....I fully expect one of the weeks to be spring break. If so we will be joining for sure. But for now I am being optimistic and saying we are going.

Currently it is (Age at time of cruise)

Me - Robin (29+)
DH - Mike (45)
DS - Matt (16)

BTW - I like your title better than mine. "Adios y Via Con Dios" since DCL will be saying goodbye to Mexican Rivera for the summer

Yo no puedo esperar hasta 17 abril 2011

Hi! I like your title! Is that Goodbye and Go with God? :rotfl2:

I actually didn't think anyone would find me with my stupid title, but it seemed like a good idea at the time. ;)

No puedo esperar tambien!

OK, enough of my very limited high school Spanish .... By the time I got to college and had to take 2 semesters of it, I was in big trouble. Fortunately for me, I had two girls from Puerto Rico living on my floor, and we had a deal: I would proofread all their English papers, and they would translate my English to Spanish for me. I wonder why I always got a note back when I handed in those papers ("please see me. I have questions about your dialect.")?? :lmao:

It is me and my husband. We are Mike (early 40s) and Jodie (late 30s).

Hoping to squeeze in a few days at DL and USH after the cruise.

Yes, it is Goodbye and Go with God. I think it is a common phrase in some regions. Growing up, my sister's best friend was a dual-citizen - dad from Mexico, mom from TN. She spent the first 14 years in Mexico and then came to Tennessee for High School (Stayed at Grandmas). She was bi-lingual and didn't need much help except for marshmallows. We would tease her as she like Rocky Road ice cream because of the mushrooms inside. :) :)

I picked up a few phrases, but don't remember much. That was way too long ago. ( I had to look up the Spanish word for wait on the net).

We are also planning on using our DVC to stay at DL. Maybe before, after or both.

It is me and my husband. We are Mike (early 40s) and Jodie (late 30s).

Okay for a second I was confused, but then I think I have it. Alex and Nessa are your cats?

BTW our furbabies are two siamese - Annie and Riku (Kingdom Hearts)

:goodvibes We answer to Alex and Nessa. We answer to 'hey you' also. Makes no nevermind to us!

Nessa is no longer with us, but somehow I never thought of that when I picked my screen name. We now have Savannah and Alex.

But yes, they are our 4-legged hours of entertainment. :) All black DSH.

Are your furbabies from the same litter?

BTW, I am surprised there wasn't more interest in this cruise, being over Easter break and an extra few days.

And here I was all worried that we wouldn't get what we wanted on 9/28. Guess all the excitement is in Alaska and the Panama Canal.

Truth be told, I would be on the PC in a heartbeat if it were in March. But we have done this MR itinerary before and loved it. Actually, our last MR cruise in 2005 included Ixtapa/Zihuantinejo (sp) and Acapulco, but it was on Holland America.

Hoping to go horseback riding in Mazatlan again. :)

Wish I had bought into DVC at some point. Now all our discretionary funds go to DCL! I have never been to DL and don't know where to stay.

I am sure we will fill up once it gets closer. I am guessing a lot of people will wait to put down money until it get closer and school schedules are released.

We were hesitant to adopt Annie because she was siamese, but after a little research we decided to give it a try. She is the most loving fur baby on earth. So when our older cat Simba passed on, we contacted Siamese Rescue and adopted Riku. Siamese are not the evil cat Hollywood portrays. They are sweet babies.

As for staying at DL. Staying on site is not as important at DL as it is at WDW. Many hotels are well within walking distance. We have had experience with the Candy Cane Inn (don't let the name fool you) and the Annabelle. Both are great places. I would stay at either in a heart beat. I would probably equate them to Moderates at WDW.

As for DL, we have stayed at the Grand Californian and the Disneyland Hotel. Both are closer to the parks and to thier version of WDW Westside. The Grand Californian actually has its own entrance into Californian Adventure.

If I were paying cash and visiting other parks, I probably would stay at the Candy Cane or the Annabelle. But if you are looking for something closer to the Deluxe WDW hotels, then the DL hotels would be your better option.

Well hello there. We have not booked yet. I don't think hubby even knows that I'm looking. Maybe he will find out comming on here. We have booked the July 12th Alaska, and the 2010 Members. I think he would have a stroke if he even thought that I was looking. My goal is for the Med in 2013. He did say we would't be sailing in 2012, but he didn't say anything about another one in 2011. I think this would be a fun trip for our kids. Any tips on how to talk him into it???

Robin, let's face it: we are both owned by our cats! I can't imagine my life without them.

Thank you re: DL. Last time we cruised the MR, we sailed out of San Diego. I have never flown into or sailed out of LA, so this will definitely be a new experience for us! My TA recommended the Disneyland Hotel. Did you like it?

Hi dejnosluvmickey. I hope you decide to join us! I am very fortunate to have a husband who says, "Just tell me where and when to show up and what to bring." We also skip birthday, Christmas, and anniversary presents in lieu of vacations. Have any big celebrations coming up? Good luck!

Hoping to join officially later today!!

We are actually currently booked (as of yesterday) on the 4/16/11 Western, but then I got to looking at the Disney Cruiseline website, and realized that we can do this cruise with the same category stateroom for less!! Since sea days are pretty much our favorites, we dedided to make the switch!!

I put in an email to DU this morning, but haven't heard anything back yet - hopefully soon!!

It will be me (37), DH (37), DD (8) and DD (6) - our ages at time of sailing.

We are also looking forward to making a quick visit to Disneyland prior to the cruise - never been before!!!

I need to go change my ticker!!

I am very fortunate to have a husband who says, "Just tell me where and when to show up and what to bring."

It must be a thing with Mikes. We decide what our travel budget is. the better deals I get, the more we travel. DH tells everyone he just shows up.

Dejnos and my2princessgirls, hope to add you soon.

Hi there! Just paid our deposit for this cruise (Ouch!) Has anyone pointed out to DCL that the deposit was 1/2 of the cruise price??? This cruise is a relative bargain. Cheaper than the Western as someone mentioned (and longer). Just a few dollars cheaper than the 7 night Mexican Riviera cruise and includes 3 additional sea days over that one. So not a bad price for spring break and Easter!

Anyway it'll be me, DH, DS7 and DD4 planning to be on the cruise at the moment. I'm going to try to rebook when onboard in December to see if I can lower the price and increase the OBCs.

Hasta luego!

Cathleen

My Mike feels like he's done his part if he makes the call to arrange for our car service to the airport. :)

I thought this cruise was a relative bargain too, and I will qualify by saying it is a bargain for DCL!

my2princessgirls, did you book yet? :goodvibes

Cathleen, I hear you on the deposits. And like you we also have our deposit in for the WBTA. Ouch for us, good for DCL I guess. The deposits for longer and "special" cruises pack quite the punch. Glad you are joining us for this one (too, see you on the WBTA!).

My Mike feels like he's done his part if he makes the call to arrange for our car service to the airport. :)

I thought this cruise was a relative bargain too, and I will qualify by saying it is a bargain for DCL!

my2princessgirls, did you book yet? :goodvibes

Cathleen, I hear you on the deposits. And like you we also have our deposit in for the WBTA. Ouch for us, good for DCL I guess. The deposits for longer and "special" cruises pack quite the punch. Glad you are joining us for this one (too, see you on the WBTA!).

I still haven't heard back from DU.:confused: I sent an email at 6:00 am eastern time this morning. I'll be sending another one here soon!

I still haven't heard back from DU.:confused: I sent an email at 6:00 am eastern time this morning. I'll be sending another one here soon!

Do you see it on your log-in page on the DCL website?? I know yesterday I saw things there before I received the quotes from them.

Do you see it on your log-in page on the DCL website?? I know yesterday I saw things there before I received the quotes from them.

No, it's still showing the 4/16/11 western. I just resent the email to the agent who has been working with us as well as to the regular dcl.reservations.... address. Hopefully I will wake up to something!!

Well, I guess it just took sending it again, LOL! Just got an email with the quote, and I sent one back telling her to make the switch!! Hopefully it won't take long to see the change on the disney cruise site!!!

ETA: WooHoo! It's official!! And over $600 cheaper than the 7 night western was going to be!! So excited! We were also able to get the stateroom that we wanted!!!

Hi dejnosluvmickey. I hope you decide to join us! I am very fortunate to have a husband who says, "Just tell me where and when to show up and what to bring." We also skip birthday, Christmas, and anniversary presents in lieu of vacations. Have any big celebrations coming up? Good luck!

Big celebrations....none that I can think of. Anniversary is in Feb. Kids birthdays are January, February, May, and September. Mine is July. His is January. I could always break it down into how many shifts that I have to pick up and try for that. Nothing big in April unless April Fools Day counts as something big (don't think he will go for that).

Useful spanish phrase of the day. If we do this each day, maybe we won't look like a bunch of idiot tourist (Just dumb tourist ;) )

Donde es el baño. (Where is the bathroom)

Useful spanish phrase of the day. If we do this each day, maybe we won't look like a bunch of idiot tourist (Just dumb tourist ;) )

Donde es el baño. (Where is the bathroom)

What a good idea!! My 1st grader has been teaching me Spanish, LOL!!

DH came home from work last night with some grand plans for this trip!! He wants to go to San Diego for 2 nights prior to the cruise to visit his Aunt and Uncle (hopefully his parents will come out as well!), then he wants to stay 4 nights after the cruise at Disneyland!! Here I was, just hoping to do one day at DL prior - I'm so excited (although it will be a madhouse being the week after Easter!!)!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter