Diet? What diet? A countdown: 18 TS restaurants on TIW card...#1 on pg. 18!

Subbing.... I am excited to read your reviews because you have a lot of Restaurants that I havent tried yet....Have A Great time at The World! :goodvibes

Must agree with everyone, you MUST check out the la cava! You'll probably regret that you didn't!

Do what miss allegra suggests and grab one to go, so you can say that you tried it! I'm pretty sure their margaritas are different from those that they would serve at San Angel right? :confused3

On another note, I tried making Tonga Toast this Saturday...it was good, but not as good as Kona...what I think went wrong was that the only sourdough available was in the long loaf stick, not the round loaf, so we had smaller TT's, and because of that the bananas kept slipping out..I want to try it again with the bigger loaf, seeing as that would work way better...do you tweak your recipe a little, or do you follow it exactly? I know you also make the Stuffed French Toast right? Is that pretty easy?!

Omgosh 21 DAYS!!! :cool1: :banana: :woohoo: :yay:

Must agree with everyone, you MUST check out the la cava! You'll probably regret that you didn't!

Do what miss allegra suggests and grab one to go, so you can say that you tried it! I'm pretty sure their margaritas are different from those that they would serve at San Angel right? :confused3

On another note, I tried making Tonga Toast this Saturday...it was good, but not as good as Kona...what I think went wrong was that the only sourdough available was in the long loaf stick, not the round loaf, so we had smaller TT's, and because of that the bananas kept slipping out..I want to try it again with the bigger loaf, seeing as that would work way better...do you tweak your recipe a little, or do you follow it exactly? I know you also make the Stuffed French Toast right? Is that pretty easy?!

Omgosh 21 DAYS!!! :cool1: :banana: :woohoo: :yay:

I used the exact Tonga Toast recipe, but with the bigger loaf of bread, maybe that is the difference like you said.

Yes, I make the puffed french toast and it is super easy. You make a batter, dip the bread into it and fry it. Dangerously easy enough to make every weekend! ;)

21 days until we check in at BWV, yes...but only 16 days until we leave for the drive down first to southern FL! So my countdown is 16 days, even though the one here says 21 because it counts down to the day we arrive at WDW.

I will definitely get a margarita to go at La Cava!! And I will NOT be the one pushing the stroller for DS3 that evening! :lmao:

I used the exact Tonga Toast recipe, but with the bigger loaf of bread, maybe that is the difference like you said.

Yes, I make the puffed french toast and it is super easy. You make a batter, dip the bread into it and fry it. Dangerously easy enough to make every weekend! ;)

21 days until we check in at BWV, yes...but only 16 days until we leave for the drive down first to southern FL! So my countdown is 16 days, even though the one here says 21 because it counts down to the day we arrive at WDW.

I will definitely get a margarita to go at La Cava!! And I will NOT be the one pushing the stroller for DS3 that evening! :lmao:

This is EXACTLY what I was worried about! :rotfl2: But at least it wouldn't be an everyday breakfast food...I'll just say that when I'm making it to make me feel better! :rolleyes1

It's so dang close! So do you pretty much have everything all together and ready?

:rotfl: :rotfl2: @ the stroller! I don't even know what I would do if I saw some tipsy woman pushing a baby stroller! If I were with you, I would just say, "Don't worry people, it's just bangzoom!" :laughing:

This is EXACTLY what I was worried about! :rotfl2: But at least it wouldn't be an everyday breakfast food...I'll just say that when I'm making it to make me feel better! :rolleyes1

It's so dang close! So do you pretty much have everything all together and ready?

:rotfl: :rotfl2: @ the stroller! I don't even know what I would do if I saw some tipsy woman pushing a baby stroller! If I were with you, I would just say, "Don't worry people, it's just bangzoom!" :laughing:

:rotfl2: You make me laugh!!!

Yes, I have just about everything together now. Still have to check the luggage and make sure the zippers are OK, etc. DH is so calm about these things (and I'm neurotic), I will probably check it myself tonight or tomorrow! :rotfl: All lists are done, I made sure the kids have enough of everything, and I have practically memorized all of the menus for our ADRs! :lmao:

OK, to update everyone...yes the ADRs are still the same...I have been giving some thought to the foods I want to try at each restaurant. Here are the ones that appeal to me from the menus:

1. Chef Mickey's: the dessert bar!!! And also parmesan mashed potatoes...and meat from the carving board!

2. Sci-Fi lunch: burger!

3. Whispering Canyon: the skillet!

4. CRT: Prime rib or lamb chops; chocolate cream cheese buckle dessert

5. Akershus: looking forward to the appetizer buffet and the desserts!

6. 1900 Park Fare: omelette station!!

7. Cape May dinner: clams, mussels, ribs, oreo bonbons!!!

8. San Angel lunch: margarita!! Oh yeah, and some type of food! :lmao:

9. Le Cellier dinner: mushroom filet but with potatoes instead of risotto

10. 50s Prime Time: stacked sandwich...on a side note, I am hoping my DH will order "Cousin Eric's Chicken sandwich" because his name is Eric and I will tell the server and they will be all over that!!! :rotfl2:

11. Sanaa: Tandoori chicken; bread service

12. Captain's Grille: 3-course menu: crabcake app, pork chop entree, profiterole dessert

13. Crystal Palace breakfast: puffed french toast!!!

14. Kona dinner: coconut almond chicken or tuna oscar or teriyaki NY Strip

15. Chefs de France lunch: quiche, escargots

16. Biergarten dinner: EVERYTHING!!! And beer!!!!

17. Cape May breakfast: everything!!

It's 17, not 16...I will be counting down from #17 to #1 then...which one did I forget to put in the original list?

OK, never mind, I didn't forget to list any of the ADRs in my original post, I just can't count! :rotfl2: It comes to 17 ADRs, not 16!! I guess that's a sign I need a vacation, huh?! ;)

I can't wait to try La Cava - probably our first night! I'll be giving that margie flight a serious look. ;)

Here are the foods I would like to have from CS locations. Some are repeats, others would be new for me! No particular order here. I might not get to all of them but that's what future trips are for, right?! ;)

1. Dole Whip!!
2. School bread
3. Any pastry from France
4. Cupcake from Starring Rolls at DHS
5. Mickey ice cream bar
6. Baked goods from BW Bakery
7. HUGE cinnamon roll from Main Street Bakery (DH and I share this)
8. Soft pretzel in Germany
9. Baklava in Morocco
10. Sweet cream cheese pretzel
11. Fish 'n' chips in UK
12. Anything from Tangierine Cafe in Morocco!
13. One of the toasted sandwiches from Earl of Sandwich (I'm thinking the Caprese)
14. Gelato from Italy (and tiramisu for DH, no doubt!!)

OK, when I get done with eating at WDW, I will definitely look like this checking out of the BWV: :rotfl: But I will be feeling like this: :cloud9:

Omgosh I think you've already left!!

I know you were headed out to see family before actually making it to WDW...i'm trying to remember if it was 7 days before Disney or 5 Days...:confused3

Anyways, I hope you have an AWESOME time with your family/friends and of course a TERRIFIC trip at WDW!!

I'm soooo looking forward to hearing all about your great adventures and yummy food you devoured!!!

:cool1: :banana: :cheer2: :dance3:

We got home yesterday and I am so psyched to do my countdown! I have everything in place, uploaded photos to Photo Bucket, etc. I will begin my countdown review today, but on Friday we leave for Canada for a few days. So this is going to take me a while, but I promise, we wil have fun here!!! :goodvibes

We had a wonderful trip and ate some terrific food! We ended up at 18 TS restaurants instead of 17, with some minor changes. I will explain them as we go along! ;)

Reviews and pics to follow! :goodvibes

OMGOSH!!! YOU'RE BACK!!! :cool1::cool1: :banana::banana:

Yay!! I can't WAIT to hear about EVERYTHING!!!! SO EXCITED!!

Btw, my thread got closed :-)sad1:) went over the time period that is allotted for TR's...but DH DID get a job!!!! :banana: I was able to put that in my TR before it got closed(phew!)

Anyways, I'll be waiting patiently for your update!!! :yay:

OMGOSH!!! YOU'RE BACK!!! :cool1::cool1: :banana::banana:

Yay!! I can't WAIT to hear about EVERYTHING!!!! SO EXCITED!!

Btw, my thread got closed :-)sad1:) went over the time period that is allotted for TR's...but DH DID get a job!!!! :banana: I was able to put that in my TR before it got closed(phew!)

Anyways, I'll be waiting patiently for your update!!! :yay:

YAY for your hubby!!!!! Sorry your thread got closed though. :sad1:

It was VERY difficult to figure out the order of my countdown. We enjoyed the Disney food that much!! ;)

I'm almost ready for my first review! Here are some photos of us first so you can all get to know us! :)

DSCF2711.jpg

Me and the boys inside the villa (one-bedroom at Boardwalk Villas)

DSCF2715.jpg

DH and the boys inside the villa

DSCF2719.jpg

Brotherly love!

DSCF2743.jpg

The family at Sci-Fi!

And there you have it...our little family!! My boys call me Tinkerbell all the time (I dressed as Tink for Halloween last year!)...so I had to get Tink Mickey Ears!!!!!! And I wore them most of the 10 days at Disney! :lmao:

Stay tuned for #18!!

Here we go everyone! My very first review, and my #18 restaurant. This will be a review of........

WHISPERING CANYON CAFE!

This was on July 14, 2010. We arrived the day before, and this was dinner after spending the day at DHS and then taking an afternoon break. Our ADR time was 6:10pm. We arrived at 5:50 and were seated within 5 minutes. The Wilderness Lodge is very nice inside. When you walk into the WL, the restaurant is immediately on your left so very easy to locate.

First were drinks. I had heard about the antics at WCC, and knew I should ask for a large drink. First DS5 wanted some orange juice and he said he was really thirsty so I told the server that. Here is what he brought him:

DSCF2744.jpg

I asked for the Minute Maid Light Pomegranate Lemonade (SOOO good, I drank this a lot throughout the trip). I told the server I was also very thirsty so he brought me this:

DSCF2746.jpg

I drank about 3/4 of this lemonade!!! ;)

DH and I ordered the skillet. He was going to order the pot roast but I talked him into getting the skillet with me since I had heard so much about it and I thought he would love it. We started out with the salad, with apple vinaigrette:

DSCF2749.jpg

And some corn bread:

DSCF2752.jpg

The salad was good, but nothing to write home about. Corn bread was delicious, but DH didn't have any. We had a big lunch at Sci-Fi that afternoon, and he wasn't overly hungry so he wanted to save room for the meat in the skillet. Anyway, the corn bread was wonderful, just like the one I have made from the recipe on All Ears!

Then came the skillet. It came with mashed potatoes, beans, pulled pork, ribs, beef brisket and roasted chicken all in one skillet for 2 people. The food was good, but again, nothing super special.

DSCF2751.jpg

DSCF2750.jpg

I told our server that my fork was just way too small so he brought me this:

DSCF2747.jpg

As for the antics...our server was not as into them as other ones were but we were actually glad. We asked for ketchup and got like 15 bottles put onto our table! Then we had to bring the bottles to the next family who asked for ketchup! It was cute but got old very quickly. And we have great senses of humor and usually enjoy this kind of thing (you will see that in my 50s Prime Time review later on). DS3 participated in the children's horse race around the restaurant and that was cute. It was just overly loud in there and not as much fun as I expected.

DH felt sick after eating just because he said he ate too much. He also had the milkshake, and since it was bottomless he kind of forced himself to get a refill. He had some bad heartburn that night from overindulging. I was fine though, so it wasn't from the food being bad or anything like that because we ate the same thing. Needless to say, we were too full for dessert but if I remember correctly, I did grab something from the Boardwalk Bakery when we returned to the hotel. (I did that a lot! ;))

DH and I agreed that it was nice to go to WCC one time for the experience, but we will not return there on our next WDW trip. I see why this place gets mixed reviews. The food is good but not spectacular, and the antics get loud and played out very quickly (because they repeat the same things over and over, not enough variety).

CAPTAIN'S GRILLE!

On July 20, 2010, we did not go to a park. We had a very relaxing, true vacation day! We slept in (9am for my boys! :lmao:), had breakfast in the villa (we got some groceries before we arrived, made things very easy!), and we went to the Luna Park pool just before 11am. We spent 3 hours there! That evening, we went to Captain's Grille for dinner. I planned it that way so that DH did not have to drive that day at all, and we would just spend the day relaxing in the resort area. Captain's Grille is at the Yacht Club resort, a short walk from Boardwalk! And it is #17 on my countdown.

We started out with some basic multigrain bread and butter:

DSCF2976.jpg

DH and I both decided to go with the 3-course dinner. At $27.99 it seemed like a really good deal, and it was! DH had trouble deciding what to get. He was a little disappointed with the menu choices. As for myself, I knew what I was getting from studying the WDW menus for months and months! :rotfl:

DH decided on the New England Clam Chowder for his appetizer, and I went with the crab cake. He said the chowder was very good. The crab cake was good as well. I like it that they grilled it instead of frying it. I prefer grilled or broiled crab cakes over fried ones any day. I like to taste the crabmeat. There was plenty of crabmeat in this, and it also had a nice buttery flavor. Very good! However, if you are expecting a Maryland crab cake you may be disappointed. I have had crab cakes in Maryland many times (I went to college in Maryland), and these were completely different, but were delicious as well.

DSCF2977.jpg

DSCF2978.jpg

DH got the crab cakes as his entree. They were the same as the one in my app, except they gave him 3 instead of the 1 they give as an app. He liked them.

I got the pork chop as my entree, which comes with Fingerling potatoes sauteed with apples and bacon. The pork chop was of good quality and was quite large, but it was pretty bland by itself. I had to eat the apples at the same time as the meat to get some flavor into there. The potatoes with apples and bacon were tasty, but I would have liked the potatoes to be a little more well-done. They were a little too firm for my taste. There were plenty of potatoes, apples and bacon, they are just underneath the pork chop when they serve it to you, so it is hard to tell from my picture!

DSCF2979.jpg

For dessert, DH chose the key lime tart. He said this was delicious and he ate the whole thing!

DSCF2983.jpg

I chose the chocolate profiteroles as my dessert. Now, the way I know profiteroles is that they are supposed to be the same type of pastry that is used to make a cream puff, but they have ice cream inside and are served with chocolate sauce. However, I was already aware that Captain's Grille does these differently. They use the correct pastry, but they fill it with a chocolate hazelnut cream (kind of like a mousse). I was a little disappointed in this dessert. It tasted as if it had been sitting in the freezer for a week and then thawed. It did not taste as fresh as I expected it to be. I ate about half of it.

DSCF2980.jpg

Overall, Captain's Grille was not a bad restaurant, but was not anything particularly spectacular either. DH said he feels he doesn't have to return there again. I could take it or leave it, but I would just get the crab cakes if we go again, and I would get the key lime tart or maybe try the gelato as a dessert (the third dessert choice on the 3-course menu). I did expect the pork chop to be tastier than it was, but again, it was not a bad dish, just needs a little tweaking in my opinion. Service was very good though and this is a very relaxing restaurant!

Yay, I'm first. Great start - we liked WCC when we visited but from what I've heard the skillet isn't necessarily the way to go here. It looked good though - and you still look thin ;)

Yay, I'm first. Great start - we liked WCC when we visited but from what I've heard the skillet isn't necessarily the way to go here. It looked good though - and you still look thin ;)

:rotfl: Thanks so much for saying I still look thin! This was an 18-night road trip altogether, and we got home yesterday. I gained 7 pounds :scared1: but that is no surprise with the amount of food I ate! We did a lot of walking but the last time I did aerobics was in Boca Raton over 2 weeks ago! I'm actually going to do some in a little while! Last summer we went to Lancaster, PA for 5 nights and I gained 7 pounds, but lost 5 of them within 3 days of being home!

The good news is that my shorts still fit me! :banana: And I am sick of eating out, and have been eating very healthy today at home! Fruits, salads, protein shake. Very happy to be back to eating healthy!! ;)

You must have posted your Captain's Grill review at the same time as I responded to your WCC review.

Captain's Grill looks great and the pork chop looks really tasty so I was surprised that you said it was bland. We are staying at BWV next month and were going to give Captain's Grill a try - it would be that or Beaches and Cream, which would you recommend of the two?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter