Diet recipes or sites needed!

MerryPoppins

<font color=coral>I posted around Woo Hooty time<b
DH has found out he has severe sleep apnea. He is in the process of getting a CPAP machine, but he also is trying to lose weight. I'm dieting with him, since I need it, too. :) We are eating very little during the day and eating a little more normally at dinner because of the kids (but still low fat, low calories etc - just not necessarily "diet" foods). Anyway, I'm looking for ideas for both. Things we could eat for breakfast or lunch that are diet meals and good-tasting dinners that would work for us and still please the kids. Know any good sites or have a winner of a recipe?

Chicken Tomato Basil Soup

2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves, cut into 1/2 inch pieces.

1/2 teaspoon garlic-pepper blend

2(19oz) cans of Progresso Tomato Basil Soup

1/2 Cup uncooked orzo or rosamarina (rice shaped pasta)

1 small zucchini, diced

1oz.(1/4cup) shredded fresh Parmesan cheese

Spray a large nonstick saucepan with nonstick cooking spray. Heat over medium heat until hot. Add chicken; sprinkle with garlic-pepper blend. Cook and stir 3 to 5 minutesor until browned.

Add soup and orzo; mic well. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low; simmer 10 to 15 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink in the center or orzo is tender.

Stir in zucchini. Cook 2 to 3 minutes, stirring occasionally. Sprinkle individual servings with 1 tablespoon of cheese.

Makes 4 (1-1/2 cup) servings

CHICKEN JAMBALAYA
Serves 6

6 chicken breast halves (approximately 3 pounds), skinned, all visible fat removed

1 cup Homemade Chicken Broth or low-sodium chicken broth
1/2 cup chopped onion
1/4 cup chopped green bell pepper
1 cup white wine
1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
1/2 teaspoon basil
1 small bay leaf
1/2 teaspoon thyme
1 cup uncooked rice
1/2 cup cubed low-fat ham
1 cup canned no-salt-added tomatoes, drained

Preheat oven to 350° F.

Rinse chicken pieces and pat dry.

In a saucepan, combine broth, onion, bell pepper, wine, parsley, basil, bay leaf and thyme. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Remove from heat and set aside.

Place rice, ham, tomatoes and chicken in a large casserole dish. Pour herb sauce over all. Cover tightly and bake 25 to 30 minutes. Turn oven heat off; allow casserole to remain in oven for 10 to 15 minutes.

Calories: 354
Protein: 44 g
Carbohydrates: 28 g
Total Fat: 6 g
Saturated Fat: 2 g
Polyunsaturated Fat: 1 g
Monounsaturated Fat: 2 g
Cholesterol: 104 mg
Sodium: 251 mg

Low-Fat Dijon Chicken Breasts

4 skinless, boneless chicken breasts
1/3 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
1 teaspoon garlic powder
Pepper to taste

Mix the mayonnaise, cheese, mustard, garlic powder and pepper together. Brush both sides of the chicken with the mixture and place in a baking dish. Bake at 350 degrees F for about 20 minutes, then brush on remaining mayonnaise mixture. Bake another 10 minutes, or until done.

check out weightwatchers.com It says you have to be a member to do a defined search, but I have been ablle to do generalized searches...... I lost 30 lbs with them... too bad I gained it all back !! I will look for their Zero Point Soup though..... It was in one of their books that I still have !! The soup was sooooooooo good we used to make double batches all the time !!!

Good Luck.... I am trying to diet again, but seemto have no will power !

A good friend told me about this one:

Spread a little fat free cool whip in between two low fat graham crackers. Wrap in plastic wrap and freeze. It's like an ice cream sandwich. Not bad if you're desperate for something sweet!

Ummm, these sound good. Can you tell I am starving? :D

No really, I am doing okay. Just would give my right arm for a candy bar right now.

Don't forget we have the Healthy Cooking thread happening at WISH/Inspiration Board. I have a bunch more if you want to PM me.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter