Did you discover a new favorite resort after buying in?

Did you find new favorite resort after buyin in?

• No. Our initial purchase continues to be our favorited resort.

• Yes. And we work with the 7 month window to get threre.

• Yes, and we purchased points there to make it our other home.

• Yes, and we are thinking about purchasing more points there.

• Yes, but we cannot afford to make any point changes or purchases at this time.

• I don't have a favorite, and really like to visit any DVC resort.

• Favorite or not, I am waiting for the next DVC to purchase points.

• Other... Explain...

Results are only viewable after voting.

DisDaydreamer

I have this DIS-ease
Just curious. We bought into BWV sight-unseen. Really just buying into the system and the concept.

However, we have since found Vero Beach to be our favorite resort. Did you have a similar experience, and if so, how have you handled it.

Rob, that's called Add-on Fever. We bought at OKW and really liked it, but when they started talking about VWL, we bought there. Then they started BCV, so we bought there. We're done buying now. We'll just try to use our points at 7 months to get the resorts we don't own at.

I picked 'other' because I seem to alternate between liking our orignal BCV home the best, our add-on home at VB and the resort 'du jour'. I seem to go throught this cycle on a regular basis. :guilty:

Yes, I fell in love with OKW and purchased a resale for that resort. It's totally different from BWV my first home resort and I think that is why I love it. So now I can have a vacation in the middle of it all or a laid back easy going stay. Of course it is also an excuse to go to WDW more than once a year!

Just curious. We bought into BWV sight-unseen. Really just buying into the system and the concept.

However, we have since found Vero Beach to be our favorite resort. Did you have a similar experience, and if so, how have you handled it.

We bought into SSR but after staying at OKW we loved the large rooms and bought in. We also love BW with BWView and stay there most of the time, we have been to all the resorts and like all but the View of the lake from BW is best.

My home is SSR and I really enjoy it there. I have had one other DVC resort stay and that is BWV and we really liked that too. I would like to do a small add on there, enough that when I bank and borrow I can go for 6 nights every 3rd year.

But then what pulls me back is the cost per point, there aren't any incentives, the years left on the contract and the fees. I may as well go with AKV for lower dues, about the same cost and longer term. I just don't know if the costs are worth it for an every 3rd year.

We added on at AKV sight-unseen (as in, Ihad never even eaten a Boma or Jiko). I did know that AK and MK are my two favorite parks, and that I could happily spend a week at Disney only do AK/MK.

Before we boughgt SSR, I had hypothetically ranked what our order of preference for DVC resorts would be and I was totally wrong - so I was hesitant to get too excited about AKV - we bought just because it would let us do 5 nights in a 1 bedroom with an additional place for DS to sleep now that he and DD are getting to be tweens.

Well, we stayed at AKV and fell in love with it. I doubt that we ever stay at OKW/VWL/BWV/BCV again. We'll use our SSR points to try to switch out to VB and HHI. I am a a good little girl about calling right at 7 months and I don't travel duriong holidays, so I am hoping VB and HHI stay pretty easy to book at 7 months.

Our first purchase was OKW and that continues to be our favorite.

We bought into SSR, and really didnt know much about DVC. We love WDW, and the deluxe accomdations made it attractive to us. We also knew we would be going to WDW for many years to come with our daughter and family.

We like different resorts for different reasons. For theme we like Wilderness Lodge the best. Based on location BWV & BCV. We stayed at the BWV and loved it, but I think I like the look and feel of BCV better, and of course the pool is amazing. We did pool hop (no trouble), and ate at Cape May Cafe, so BCV became my new favorite, but the wife still loves VWL (we have stayed in the main resort, but not the villa's).

We have no problem staying at any of the resorts, and plan on hitting them all. Our points (150 now) have worked well for us, so at this time there is no need for an add on.

We are happy with all we have gotten so far from DVC

Definitely. We bought at VWL because we had enjoyed WL. However, after one stay at OKW (just a new member "We want to check out all the DVC resorts"), DH found a new love. So we did the big switcharoo-bought OKW points, then sold our VWL points. I'm not at all sure it was the wisest decision financially, but DH really wanted to be an OKW owner, really an emotional thing-"buy where you want to stay". In retrospect, I really wish we'd done more research of the different resorts before we bought. Ironically, though, we had driven through OKW about 8 years ago, and just driving through left us completely unimpressed. So I guess you really have to stay at the resorts to get the true "feel".

Yes, and added on to BCV (from VWL) to make it also our home and obtain priority booking. :thumbsup2

My favorite had been BWV and still is , but I have only stayed there with the exception of 1 night at OKW.

I liked OKW but for only 1 night I didn't get a proper feel for it.

We originally bought VWL as we knew nothing at the time of resales

Our 1st DVC trip (spur of the moment) only OKW was available so grudginly we took that ressie - what a shock OKW WAS/IS BEAUTIFUL!!! we fell in love with it and soon after thanks to these boards bought 2 OKW resales.

We still own at VWL but our favorite is OKW with a very close 2nd being BWV - Wish Disney would let me trade in my VWL points for the same amount of BWV points;)

Sue:goodvibes

Every time we try a new resort - it seems to become our favorite! We purchased VWL and love it there. Tried BW once at Christmas - loved it there! Adore both VB & HH, been to those 3 & 4 times respectively. Stayed at BCV this summer - it's my newest favorite. We saw the model rooms for AKV - I think it could become my newest favorite - if we ever stay there. Ahhh, so many favorites - so few points!:lmao:

I just like the thrill of trying to book a different resort at the 7 month mark. :rotfl2: I would have tried for Thanksgiving but DH wants to stay home at SSR.

We really did like VWL and if CRV doesn't come about we would probably add on there, no real rush though.

Any DVC resort is fine with me. I get a kick out of the "my resort is better than yours" debates. The way I figure it, any day at WDW is better than any day at work. My immediate goal is to visit all of the resorts. Given the rumors of new resorts, it may take me a while

We like VWL, but didn't buy there because Disney wasn't selling it at the time, but it was new enough to command a premium on the resale market that I was too cheap to pay.

So we bought BWV. I'm not sure its our favorite (and I think I could be happy anywhere - though I believe I have a preference for the "hotel style" resorts), but we are very content not staying anywhere else.

DW and I bought into OKW in 2000. Then we stayed at AKL in 2004 on points concierge. We now love this resort. So I worked really hard and made some extra money to allow us to pay for a new interested at AKV. We cannot wait until next summer to start using it.

We will keep our OKW interest as at some point we may use all of the points to do an amazing exchange to go to Hawaii. :wizard:

I picked other because I own points at BWV's and now that AKV's are here, will call my guide to buy points there sometime this week. Between the two, I cant say I would have a favorite...but these two would be my favorites!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter