Did the GOTG: Breakout....

lildreamer101

Simply meant to be....
Did they get rid of the part where you can look out on the park when being at the top before falling?

I don't think so. When I was last there in December I'm pretty sure they were still opening the doors at the top like always. That's how everyone knows when to pose for the photo. Maybe the doors were malfunctioning when you rode.

Every time I've ridden it (I stopped keeping track after 20 times) the doors have opened. Rocket even says "Oh look, Disneyland". So, yes, your doors probably malfunctioned, unfortunately!

Doors opened for me last month. Maybe in one of the versions the doors don’t open? Some versions definitely feel like they have less drops.

Every time I've ridden it (I stopped keeping track after 20 times) the doors have opened. Rocket even says "Oh look, Disneyland". So, yes, your doors probably malfunctioned, unfortunately!
I have totally missed that! Ridden GOTG:MB 5-10 times and GOTG:MAD 5 times.

I better listen more closely next time! ::yes::

:wizard:

Did they get rid of the part where you can look out on the park when being at the top before falling?
I have ridden MB and MAD altogether 10-15 times and you always hit the top like ToT. On ToT you would hit it twice. Once you would stop and they would take your photo and a second time you would hit it but not stop.

Every time I have ridden GOTG it has only been once for the photo.

The doors at the top open 1 time for all 6 regular ride profiles and the Monsters After Dark halloween profile. The doors open so the on-ride photo can be taken.

Doors opened for me last month. Maybe in one of the versions the doors don’t open? Some versions definitely feel like they have less drops.
Yeah, there is a different sequence and number of drops for each song. I remember reading somewhere what the numbers were, but I can't find that anywhere anymore (and don't know if it was here or on reddit).

One of my coworkers (who does a lot of work with the mouse) talked with the guy who helped program all of the drops to each song. He rode it over and over and over again!

Yeah, there is a different sequence and number of drops for each song. I remember reading somewhere what the numbers were, but I can't find that anywhere anymore (and don't know if it was here or on reddit).

One of my coworkers (who does a lot of work with the mouse) talked with the guy who helped program all of the drops to each song. He rode it over and over and over again!

I thought so. We rode it atleast a dozen times and the one with few drops wasn’t as thrilling to me. Felt shorter too.

I Want You Back- 9 Drops
Free Ride- 8 Drops

Born To Be Wild/Monsters After Dark , Hit Me With Your Best Shot, Burning Love, Give Up The Funk - 7 Drops

I have totally missed that! Ridden GOTG:MB 5-10 times and GOTG:MAD 5 times.

I better listen more closely next time! ::yes::

It’s one of the parts of the ride that depends on which song you get. It always opens at some point to take your photo (unless it happen to not be working, but that seems pretty rare) but exactly when it opens up (and if Rocket makes that comment or not) is slightly different for each of the different set of drop sequences/songs.

On Free Ride, the doors open later in the ride than others I think. But I have never had them not open.

He actually says "Oh look, Disneyland. That's thematically inconsistent" Never laughed so hard on a ride before.
That's one of the fun things that often gets missed. There is dialog throughout the ride that gets drowned out by people screaming to scream. I love Drax's comments at the end.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter