Did Maverick kill Goose?

mirmartinez

DIS Veteran
Its been a while (about 15 years or so)

was it due to Mavericks negligence.
or did the plane malfunctioned

Negative it was Maverick's wild flying. He got to close to the other plane's jetwash, and lost control.

Is Maverick a codename for John McCain? Is this really a political thread in disguise? :lmao: Goose would have to be Obama then! :rotfl:

Negative it was Maverick's wild flying. He got to close to the other plane's jetwash, and lost control.

Maverick's attack profile, while aggressive, was not reckless. The flat spin induced by intersecting the aggressor's wingman's jet wash could not have been reasonable predicted, nor avoided. The complete lack of manuverability while in a flat spin was beyond the pilot's control. The altitude of the engagement, likewise, had no bearing on the fatality. Maverick is therefore cleared of liability and returned to active flight duty!

Maverick's attack profile, while aggressive, was not reckless. The flat spin induced by intersecting the aggressor's wingman's jet wash could not have been reasonable predicted, nor avoided. The complete lack of manuverability while in a flat spin was beyond the pilot's control. The altitude of the engagement, likewise, had no bearing on the fatality. Maverick is therefore cleared of liability and returned to active flight duty!

That's EXACTLY what I was going to say! :thumbsup2

Maverick is my handle else where on the net so you know I support him, and it was a aircraft malfunction. That was clearly depicted on the slow motion scene in the movie, the windscreen did not clear before Goose's ejection seat fired.

... it was a aircraft malfunction. That was clearly depicted on the slow motion scene in the movie, the windscreen did not clear before Goose's ejection seat fired.

Every canopy I've ever seen blown is ejected generally backwards to clear the path for the pilot's ejector seat. My suspicion is that Maverick's F-14 was in the part of his flat spin where he was essentially sliding backwards as the canopy ejected, negating the rearward projection, essentially causing it to hover above the cockpit. So again, the flat spin is the principal cause of death. And since the precipitating factors of the spin were neither negligently caused nor foreseeable, Maverick and Northrop-Grumman are not found culpable in the accidental death of Goose.

Yes, I do know it a movie Mandy!:upsidedow

I actually agree. But I do feel Maverick tended to be reckless. If he had been a little more responsible in his flying, Goose would still be here. There is a such thing as over aggressive. However, it could be argued his aggressiveness made him the great pilot he was.

I think it was a revenge killing, like the lizards in Australia.

mmmmm -- lizards!!!
3584,1112978636,1.jpg

omg Rhonda!! I came in here because Top Gun is one of my favorite movies.....but now I just have the willies!!! *shudders

I guess that's what I get for lurking around here instead of working. lol.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter