DH; names of towers? where can I find that

Hermosa11

<font color=deeppink>Have a good laugh and read th
I am thinking (okay, dreaming) of Disneyland Hotel and am wondering if I would be able to request a particular tower. If (again IF) I pick DH, I am not sure getawaytoday.com would allow me to choose a particular tower.

If DH doesn't come to pass, then I would dream about PP hotel , then if that is unavailable to my budget, I would be just as pleased as punch with Carousel Inn or Candy Cane Inn...............

names of towers? anyone?

I'm pretty sure I have "Marina" and "Sierra" matched up with the right directional names; the rest of the info is straight out of a guide book:

Bonita is the South Tower, 14 stories, overlooking the koi pond and waterfall on one side, city view on the other.
Marina is the North Tower, 11 stories, pool views on one side, city rooftops on the other.
Sierra is the East Tower, 11 stories, with pool view on one side, Downtown Disney and DCA on the other.

this sticky thread from the top of the page has just what you're looking for!
**ºoº DLR INFO, MAPS, HOTELS, & OTHER FUN THINGS TO DO ºoº **

Oh YES! I see
I apologize for not researching more thoroughly.

I wouldn't worry about requesting a tower through Getaway or your travel agent. You should be able to call the DLH (or the other Disney hotels for that matter) around 3 days before your checkin to make your request. Either way, there is no guarantee, but this has worked well for me. However, the Tower options can be affected by the view, and that you have to pay for. Most prefer the Sierra Tower for it's location, but almost all rooms are view rooms. For standard rooms, I prefer the Marina Tower. It's a little closer to the action (lobby, more shops, DTD, etc, DL). And you can see parts of DL and even fireworks from some of the standard view rooms.

We booked a city view and had a view of the parking lot in the Bonita tower. We had requested Sierra tower, but since all but the bottom 2 floors are considered view, city view rooms were too few to be had. We liked the Bonita tower well enough, but we actually moved our van from DLH self-park to GCH self-park as it was definitely a lot closer this way.

We've requested a view room in the Bonita Tower, to get a view of the koi pond and waterfall, and hoping the sound of the waterfall drowns out any other noise that might tend to keep people awake...

Alex2kMommy said:
We've requested a view room in the Bonita Tower, to get a view of the koi pond and waterfall, and hoping the sound of the waterfall drowns out any other noise that might tend to keep people awake...

The DLH being older is constructed well. I have never heard noise in any of the five rooms I have had their on various floors in two of the three towers. Once DH and I had a room on the second floor of the Sierra and I was worried we would have a lot of pool noise. Never heard a thing. Also, one night in the Bonita we could hear a drunken bunch of conventioners leaving the Lost Boys Bar. As soon as I closed the sliding door I had left open a tad you couldn't hear it anymore. Now in all the rooms there, you will hear a lot of slamming doors and running of kids up the hallways first thing in the morning as everyone leaves for the parks. But as far as outside noise, I have never been bothered.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter