DH may be headed to Fort Meade MD for 11 weeks

live4christp1

DIS Veteran
DH has been approached by one of his superiors about another MOS. He is a 25U and would be moving to (???? sorry don't know the number) a position that includes taking pictures, etc. at special unit events, ceremonies, etc. and adding things to the company newsletter. He will have to go to Fort Meade for 11 weeks for training. If he accepts the position he will go to E5 immediately (he's E4 now) and could be E7 within 6 months (not sure how that works). He was told that it's a position that you can't request or apply for, they are hand selected. He is really considering it. Sounds like a good oppotunity.

This sound familiar to anyone?

never heard of it and in my 14 years i have never heard of anyone going from E-4 to E-7 in a year it just doest happen.

never heard of it and in my 14 years i have never heard of anyone going from E-4 to E-7 in a year it just doest happen.

Yeah, I think they stretched that one a bit.

Boss here is also ANG as a CWO. He's been in a long time (was a SGT during Desert Storm). He said it sounds like a public relations position. Both DH and boss are stationed out of the same armory here but in two different units.

I know there is a minimum of 6months time in grade to go to the board for E5. then you have to wait for points to drop (depending on your MOS) then get promoted. don't know if/what the TIS/TIG is for E6. I do know that you do have to go to the board, unless you are deployed. that is a whole different ballgame. commanders can now do battlefield promotions- I know there are restrictions, I believe it has to be a soldier below E5 (can be promoted to E6) but can't promote senior NCO's

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter