Destination D23, 8-10 Sep 2023 @ WDW's CR

Duckbug.Ducktales

Listening to the music to Fantasmic!
I figured we should have a place for discussing this year's main D23 event. We don't seem to have a lot of info yet. Here's all that Disney has said about it:
D23 returns to The Most Magical Place on Earth for the biggest Disney fan event of 2023 at Disney’s Contemporary Resort, September 8–10, to celebrate 100 years of The Walt Disney Company. Fans will be among the first to hear exciting announcements and see sneak peeks from the many worlds of Disney—and relive favorite memories with behind-the-scenes stories, special guests, and so much more at this epic event.
Source: https://d23.com/d23-celebrates-disn...3-to-honor-the-companys-100-year-anniversary/

It's happening earlier than usual. In 2021 it was the weekend before Thanksgiving. Why? Could it be they want to make some major announcements and don't want to wait until Nov?

Last time (and I think normally) on the first day (Friday) there are no panels, just Mickey's of Glendale shopping and a movie screening of whatever they're about to release. Encanto in 2021, I think they've also screened Moana in the past. But this year, Wish, the new animated movie isn't coming out until November so what could they screen? Maybe nothing?

My wish list: major park expansion announcements like the blue sky concepts mentioned last year at the Expo. Anything Roger Rabbit (merch, panels) would be amazing. A special D23 Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party!
Why aren't tickets yet on sale?! Ugh

Also, early September is when D23 Expo occurs, so maybe they want to keep the dates about the same each year. I don't plan on them making any announcements at Destination D. They may do so, but it seems like a good way to set up for disappointment.

Also, early September is when D23 Expo occurs, so maybe they want to keep the dates about the same each year. I don't plan on them making any announcements at Destination D. They may do so, but it seems like a good way to set up for disappointment.
Good point, I won't get my hopes up for that.

In 2021, the event was in November and tickets went on sale in July, so about 4 months in advance. I would think that before the pandemic tickets went on sale much earlier. No idea what they'll do this year.
In 2018, tickets went on sale in April 12 for a right before Thanksgiving event.

Any guesses to when they will announce a new land or new ride next

if they wait until next years D23 there’s going to be nothing new for a while and universals new park will then be opening not long after

Any guesses to when they will announce a new land or new ride next

if they wait until next years D23 there’s going to be nothing new for a while and universals new park will then be opening not long after
I thought they said or hinted at the earnings call that there wouldn’t be anything new in the coming year. Parks development budget got reduced too.

Yes, that is my understanding as well… nothing major will be announced and they are holding back the checkbook…

While most Destination D23's took months to sell out, the 2021 event sold out within minutes. Don't know if that was due to the pandemic abating or will tickets sell out as quickly again since this is the 100th anniversary. Any guesses on whether tickets will sell out within minutes this time around?

While most Destination D23's took months to sell out, the 2021 event sold out within minutes. Don't know if that was due to the pandemic abating or will tickets sell out as quickly again since this is the 100th anniversary. Any guesses on whether tickets will sell out within minutes this time around?
Probably. I’m assuming it will and will be trying while checking into the Galactic Starcruiser.

I wonder the same thing. In 2021, the room looked like it was 1/3 empty. Maybe they'll sell more tickets this time. But I'm going to try to get in the minute tickets open for sale

I wonder the same thing. In 2021, the room looked like it was 1/3 empty. Maybe they'll sell more tickets this time. But I'm going to try to get in the minute tickets open for sale
Did you go to the 2018 one? I’m wondering what capacity was last time. I do remember a lot of the back of the room being empty in 2018.

There were some years were they didn't totally sell out and I seem to recall that they ran giveaways for the remaining tickets on radio stations. I was in the preferred seating in 2021 and didn't notice the back of the room. There were probably less tickets sold as it was the first event since covid and they might have been careful filling up the room. They definitely didn't hold back on tickets for last year's Expo, so I would imagine that they'll try to fill the room this year.

Do you know pls if tickets will be available over phone? Or only d23 gold account sign in?
Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter