Desiree's Journal - (Posts welcome)

Oh forgot to mention, that we went to watch the new Harry Potter movie last night. And only got a pickle and water! Of course, when I got home last night we were all starving since we had an early showtime so we ordered a couple pizzas. Baaad. I had 1/2 of a medium.

:blush:

Alright Des,

There is something driving me crazy...who is Mal? and who did she/he shoot? I know one thing, it should have been my Wildcats. We played horribly against IOWA tonight. As you know, we don't play football in Kentucky and basketball really is all we have. Tubby needs to get them going or the worker productivity in the state will sink to all time lows! People get depressed even suicidal over these losses.

Have a great Thanksgiving!

Dax

haha ok. Mal is a Han Solo type from the short-lived tv series, Firefly and the movie that was just out called Serenity. It's a play on the whole "Han shot first" from Star Wars when Lucas edited the original movie when it was time to release the video and he changed it to Greedo shooting first. Anyway, the whole basis of Firefly/Serenity is a cast of miscreants in space. I tend to think of it as Star Wars if they would have followed Han Solo instead of Luke. It's kind of a space western. If you ever get a chance, I highly recommend that you check it out.

I hear you over there about Basketball. I went to our game last night against Nicholls St. Of course we looked really good last night but we just played a silly inhouse school. We won by 50ish. It was a massacre. Now this Friday may be a different story when we play West Virginia. They're supposed to be really good this year. Hope you guys can rebound (ha!) and play good the rest of the year, except when y'all play us!!

Have a Happy Thanksgiving yourself!

Hey Des!

I always wondered about Mal shooting first too! :teeth: Thanks for clarifying that! :goodvibes

Hope you and your family have a Happy Thanksgiving! :goodvibes

Thanks for the explanation! It had driven me crazy. Well we were able to get by West Virginia tonight. Played a little better. In case you don't know about the average Kentucky basketball fan...we are ready to jump off the cliff on losses and we are sure that we are just one bad performance from falling from the elite of the college basketball world!

Talk to you later!

Dax

Congrats on that one pound loss!!!! 10 down is awesome!

Happy Thanksgiving!!!
Keep on :banana: :banana:
Chris

Hey Des,

Well I just was asked if I wanted to volunteer to go work in Metarie, LA for storm recovery. DW and I thought long and hard about it, but just decided that since they didn't know for sure the departure date that I would pass this time. DW and I really wanted me to be here for Christmas and the holidays. Also, it probably wouldn't have mattered anyway since I know of at least two supv.'s who have more seniority than I do that have volunteered. Oh well, I guess maybe I'll have to catch you guys next trip!

Have a great week and weekend!

Dax

Hey Des!

Hope all is well with you and your family! :goodvibes We'll be leaving for WDW on Sunday. Hope you have a great weekend! :sunny:

Sorry I haven't posted an update in a while guys. It's been insane around here! I've still been plugging away at the diet. And as of today I haven't had a soda in 45 days!

I had taken off Monday and Tuesday with the original intent of getting my Christmas shopping finished. Well Chris's clutch decided to start to go out over the weekend, so we opted to bring it into the shop for repair. Well, woudn't you know it, my car decided to break down Monday afternoon!! So once Chris's came out of the shop we have one working car at the moment. The rest of the week was spent doing the new car shopping thing. So Tuesday afternoon we decided on the Scion tc. :love: The only problem is that we will have to contine to carpool for about 3 weeks until it comes in. Oh well, I just got my new car a bit sooner than planned.

Anyway, I'm back on the ball today with the gym. About to head over there once it opens.

I hope everyone is doing well and had a wonderful holiday!

Sorry to hear about your car issues but whoohooo on the new one! Those are nice vehicles!

And congrats on sticking with it!!!!

Keep on :banana: :banana:
Chris

Thanks for stopping by Tracy and Chris!

It's been a while since I've posted. Well I finally got my car last Tuesday so no more carpooling with anyone. I must admit I have been very lax on the gym. I can say that it was hard since I was having to rely on others for rides, but I could have gone and could have made a better effort at least. The bottom line is that I got lazy and complacent. And of course, now that I'm ready to start going back and getting on track with my eating, I hurt my back this morning. I am so angry!! But mainly with myself. I was doing so well!

Hopefully the advil will kick in and I'll be ok to do some light exercising later today.

Happy New Year to you too Dax!!

Well I'm back. This is my last day off before going back to work. It's going to be really hard to go back tomorrow. I've decided that I want to write down some goals I'd like to accomplish. I know I probably should start on these today but I find that I do much better with a routine to stick too. Weekends and holidays have always been hard for me to stay on target. That being said, I AM going to the gym today and I will drink 100 oz. of water today to get back on the right tract at least.

Anyway, here's my gameplan:

* I'm going to start journaling regularly again. Both here and at Fitday.com. That really helps to keep me accountable.

* I WILL exercise at least 5 times a week for at least 30 minutes. No more excuses. I was doing so well and going so regularly before my car died. I have a new car now, so no more excuses.

* I will make a consious effort to watch what I eat and how I eat. I will cut my portions in half.

* No more sodas..again. I am so very mad at myself. I only let myself slack up on this rule just about 2 weeks ago. And once I started back, I've had no fewer than 3 cans of something a day. I also need to get rid of the alcohol in my house left over from New Years. That won't be too hard since we don't have much of it left. I just need to give it away or pour it down the sink.

* I will start things and finish them. Not just taking weight loss. I'm talking the challenges that are posted here and in real life too. I'm going to sign up to do the National Body Health Challenge on The Discovery Channels website and there is a local challenge that the State of Louisiana is funding. I'm also going to try to participate in one that the YMCA is putting on. I just registered for the Body Health Challenge so now I need to find out what is going on at the Y. I'll do that later when I go to work out.

Well that's a start at least. If I think of more I will come back and post them. I'm off to see if I can find an exercise challenge on WISH. I'm pretty scared of the scale at the gym, but I need to find out how bad things are and move on from there.

Hi Des!

Happy New Year! Your goals for the New Year sound good! ::yes:: I know that you CAN accomplish them! Go Des! :cheer2:

Have a great day today! :sunny:

Thanks Tracy!

I've been doing pretty good with my eating this week but I haven't been able to make it to the gym due to this pesky cold. If my sinuses drain and I can start to breathe again I will go today and just take it easy though. Maybe a couple of leisurely strolls around the track as to not get too overheated. I'm also thinking of picking up the Biggest Loser Workout DVD. I may try that too.

I hope everyone has a great weekend!

Ok so while I was at Wal-Mart I picked up a brand new scale (I had been using the one at the Y) and I also got The Biggest Loser Workout.

Owwie! :scared1:

I did the easy one and it kicked me in the butt. I guess this tells me I have a long way to go. I did get 35 minutes in. A 5 minute warm up, a 20 minute light (ha!) cardio workout and a 10 minute cool down. I'm going to have to make sure I do this in the privacy of my own home because I also discovered that I can't do jumping jacks anymore. I'm so not-coordinated. I'm sure it was pretty funny to watch. I'm glad my cat can't talk!!

Other news, I'm feeling much better. Started on some meds from the doctor and my sinuses are draining finally.

Ok now the scale thing. I know I've been sick. And I know I haven't weighed in since the beginning of December (Bad, I know), but my new scale says 196.8. The last time I weighed in at the Y I was at 201. I'm not sure why the difference, expecially since I was expecting to weigh more than the 201. My eating habits have been horrible. I think I will go check the scale at the Y tomorrow morning and see how they both compare. If they are different, I'm taking the lower number!!!! :teeth: Of course, the scale at the Y is an actual real scale and the new one I bought is a digital. And of course, it could operator error in my case with the one at the gym.

I hope everyone is having a good weekend.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter