• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Decorating advice wanted....

PaulaSue

<font color=purple>I have a purple car too and lov
I'm going up to pick out colors for our new house soon and I am so lost. I am very boring colorwise and I'm worried it is going to be too matchy-matchy.

TG I don't have too many things to pick out!!! The kitchen cabinets are already picked out, they are a redish brown (Very warm, the builder calls it nutmeg but I don;t think that is is actual name). I have to pick out the counters, the flooring for all the carpets, hardwood and kitchen/bath floors (Whatever that is called). I also need to pick out the lighting and I need to do all of this very soon. The walls are already a white-ish color with a darker color on the trim.

The house has an open floorplan downstairs (I wish I could figure out how to post it) and I am afraid of colors (we want to paint the walls in a year once things settle in) so this is what I am thinking....

After looking though a ton of magaines and the building stores I think I want to do black marble-like formica counters (Don't want to spend to upgrade, OUCH!!) and stainless applicances (an upgrade). Get the hardwood floors the same color as the cabinets and do a white/light beige carpet in the dining and family room (don't know if I can upgrade that to burber but I have it now and I hate it for the seems). I want to do silver color handles and all the light fixtures silver in and out of the house.

We have a light green sofa and loveseat with about the same color wood trim as the cabinets and I want to get a counter high table (with leaf) to seat 8 for the eat in kitchen. Take the leaf out and only use 5 chairs their and the other 3 at the island. Then from the same company get a regular height table, the same colors as theeat in table, that seats 8-10 for the dining room and the matching china cabinets.

*****,IF you managed to understand all this my questions is do you think the upgrade to the stainless appl is a good thing? I am worried if we do black appl it will be "too dark" on the main floor. It is not a lot of space, the House is about 2200 sq feet (we have 1800 right now) and I am trying to keep it light and airy and not packed in feeling.

Thanks for responding...

I did endup picking out almost everything out so I hope it looks good. In a few months I will have to figure out how to post pictures.:goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter