Deck 2 jitters.....

There are at least 4 more decks below deck one. These are for the crew rooms and common areas. My guess that the ships engines are even below this (minimum of 30 feet).

The most noise you will get on deck 2 is from the loading and unloading of cargo at port canaveral.

I heard and felt the vibration on deck 2. Not annoying and until we went on deck 7 did we realize how quiet and smooth the ride was.

There are at least 4 more decks below deck 1!!! I can't believe it!! I've always wondered where all the CMs lived!!!

Jim -
I think that needed a real big wink or a happy jumping smiley face!!!!!

Rae

Originally posted by jgalecpa
Rae:

When DW keeps me awake, that's a good thing.

216.gif

Jeez Rae, you're absolutely right.

But as a CPA, I am far too left brained to have figured it out on my own.

Jeanny came through for me!

Hey you two! Knock it off and get a room..........

Oh wait, that's what this is about! ;) :p

Originally posted by jgalecpa
Jeez Rae, you're absolutely right.

But as a CPA, I am far too left brained to have figured it out on my own.

Jeanny came through for me!

Just doing my part while BD is cruisin'

We stayed on deck two last year (room 2071 on the Wonder). It was very convieniant to dining, shows, shopping and clubs, not to mention the first day emergency drill. We do not use the pools on board so that that was not an inconvenience. On our cruise we felt no vibrations and heard no ship noise. During a storm one night we felt a slight motion in the room, but it was much less than in the dining areas and the club areas. I have read bad reviews of lower decks, but would gladly stay on deck two again.

Originally posted by Jeanny
Just doing my part while BD is cruisin'

I am sure he will appreciate that!!!! I know he's probably wondering what's going on while he is gone!

Sure can't wait til they get back!!! But then Andy will be gone and it will be a very long time til he posts......I am going through "verandahman" withdrawl already....

Andy, take us with you!!!!

Rae and Michael

I stayed on Deck 2 on my first cruise in March (we were Cat 12 inside), I loved deck 2, and altho I wouldn't mind upgrading next time, I have to find a way to stay on Deck 2.
Lynn

We love deck 2 deck 3 is one floor up ! Never once had any noise problems or motion problems. Love the Magic and to us deck 2 is the way to go!!!

We went on our first cruise in March and we were on deck 2, cat.9. It was just my husband and me, and it was great. I believe we were in stateroom 2570, if my memory is working today, with age sometimes it works real good, and then there are those other days!! Anyway, it was a wonderful room, and the view out the window was great. We also loved the convienence of being so close to deck three, we hardly ever used the elevators except to go to deck nine. It was great exercise using the stairs after all the wonderful food they serve you. Deck two was great for us.

Mowanda (Brenda)

Brenda - Just had a good chuckle when I saw your countdown clock! Welcome to what will be the "craziest cruise in the Caribbean" - is there that many days til our Birthday Cruise? WHEW!

Rae

I am also a BIG deck 2 fan. Three of my 5 cruises have been on deck 2, and I just rebooked for 2004 on deck 2. If you are afraid of noise, choose starboard instead of port. Port has the long corroidor from Parrot Cay to Guest Services, and sometimes can hear foot traffic. I would always use the steps to go to deck 9 and 10, good exercise to work off all the good food.

Maybe we should start a Deck 2 fan club.

Five of our 8 DCL cruises have been on Decks 2. Love this deck. Great location, and very convenient.

For anyone who wonders if they are below sea level...here are some shots from our window on Deck 2 and as you can see you are well above the water line!!!

http://community.webshots.com/photo/61027011/61041715kyudwV

http://community.webshots.com/photo/61027011/61041717HyLEAf

This particular day the seas were pretty rough and we could not anchor at Grand Cayman. But being on Deck 2 we felt very little movement of the ship.

MJ

When you're looking at the outside of the ship, where is deck 2? Is it that row of port hole windows right below that yellow stripe??

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter