Dec 11-17th Trip, MVMCP

TeamH5

DIS Veteran
We're planning a trip the week of Dec 11-17th, and want to go to MVMCP. We're staying at Shades of Green so will be planning this trip mainly myself. Last trip I used a Disney Trip planner but I don't think I can being that we aren't staying on property, etc. I have a couple questions though:

First, how are the crowds generally during this week? I'm not trying to go when it's super crowded, but still wanting the Christmas/Holiday experience for the kids.

1) Do we have to use a regular park day ticket in addition to the ticket for MVMCP in order to attend the party? What I'm thinking is do something like SeaWorld that morning, then go to MVMCP that night, then do MK on another day to catch all the rides, and to extend our 4 day SALUTE tickets.

2) How does FP+ work with staying at Shades of Green? I know it's available, but how do we sign up, etc? Or, just how does FP+ in general work? It had not come online yet during our last visit in 2013.

3) We def plan on doing MVMCP, that's part of the whole reason we're going during this time frame. I don't want to 'over plan' the trip, I think I did that last time. But at the same time, I don't want to miss much. So if you have any tips for 'must do's' during the CP, please let me know!

4) Any tips for Disney with a toddler would be much appreciated. Our youngest was 5 last time we went, this time we will have a 2.5 yr old and I'm thinking we will need a stroller at least. Trying to keep things as much to a minimum as possible though.

5) Which park would be most recommended for 8 & 9 yr olds? Universal or Hollywood Studios? We did EPCOT last time, and were not totally impressed. They might get the Walk through the Worlds a little better this time, last time they couldn't have cared less.. I figure this time around they're probably at the age they'd prefer either Universal or Hollywood Studios over Epcot, just not sure which.. We Plan to do MK, AK already. If Hollywood/Universal are interchangeable, we'll do one of those and Epcot. If not, we'll probably do both and skip Epcot.

My kids btw will be 9, 9, 8 and 2.5

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter