• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Debt Dumpers - 2018

Chase was easy too. Only catch is your money has to sit there for 6 months... I am anxiously waiting until September.
I only have $18 in my Chase acct. I did do a real direct deposit though only bc Chase is harder to fool. When i did theirs in 2016, my Cap One 360 transfers worked as a dd. I read it no longer works. Changing my dd at work is easy. We have a self-service website to log in and change as needed.

Thanks! I'm arriving the day before Labor Day and staying until that Friday. Went the same week last year and got out just before Irma hit and closed everything down. I'm hoping that a) that won't happen again this year and b) that it will have scared off enough people to make them choose other dates and it will be even less crowded than it was last year! ;)
Yeah good luck with that! Omg we have been in mid Sept and it was crazy busy. We couldn’t even get same day FP to Toy Story Mania.
I don’t think there is a slow time anymore.

I don't think the direct deposit is easy... or could just me not wanting to change one of my direct deposits. I assume that is a payroll direct deposit.

You rarely need to change your dd at work. Most banks cant tell the difference between a payroll dd and an electronic transfer from another bank. DoC tracks all the banks and lists all the banks whose ACH triggered a bonus. Also many bonuses post relatively quickly, like a week or 2 after requirement is made. So you know fairly soon if an ACH transfer worked or not.
Many bonuses only require using their debit card for x amount of transactions. This was the case for Wells Fargo, Citadel, and BB&T.
This takes up maybe 1-2 hrs per week of my time max and it’s not 2 continuous hours. A few mins here and there. Many weeks there is 0 to do. It’s very sporadic.

I work in a hospital and it’s physically and emotionally draining. Not that they’re allowing OT but even if they did I dont want to be there any longer than I have to be. This is easy peasy compared to my regular job.

Yeah good luck with that! Omg we have been in mid Sept and it was crazy busy. We couldn’t even get same day FP to Toy Story Mania.
I don’t think there is a slow time anymore.

Actually it was very low crowds last year, but I was completely unable to book a FoP fast pass then. I have high hopes for this year since the fast passes were much easier to book! We did go Labor Day week a few years ago expecting low crowds and it was the year that September saw a big increase in crowds for some reason, so who knows! Fingers crossed!

Actually it was very low crowds last year, but I was completely unable to book a FoP fast pass then. I have high hopes for this year since the fast passes were much easier to book! We did go Labor Day week a few years ago expecting low crowds and it was the year that September saw a big increase in crowds for some reason, so who knows! Fingers crossed!

Maybe this was the same year we were there. I think sometimes they offer free dining and it really pulls in the crowds. We were trying to go budget and didn't pay for hoppers. We should have but really even EMH was packed.

Maybe this was the same year we were there. I think sometimes they offer free dining and it really pulls in the crowds. We were trying to go budget and didn't pay for hoppers. We should have but really even EMH was packed.

Yeah, I can't remember which year it was offhand - 2015 or '16 I think. A lot of people on here were talking about how unusually crazy it was for September. This January seems to have been the same from what I've read here - unusually high crowd levels. It's definitely hard to predict from year to year! I don't have hoppers for this trip either... at least with it being a solo trip it should be easier to manage the crowds, and also take advantage of rides that have single rider lines.

I had a gander at the spreadsheet this morning. Happily plugging along. Here is my beginning of July report:
  • Big CC debt: $13,755.23 - Now on my doubled payments per month. This number is so big and scary to me, but it's $5000 less than January. AND I had to use it to book a extra day on a work trip. But I look at my spreadsheet and it's doable.
  • No new CC debt. Used the new CC to buy airline tickets in April (for December trip). One set was paid in May, the other in June.
  • Paid off amount owed for personal days work trip.
  • Have scheduled to pull out cash to pay for AP before I arrive for work trip.
  • Have extra paycheck in August scheduled to pay off MVMCP tickets and hotel/parking for December trip
  • Personal goal: I gained 7 pounds from stress eating and a bit of depression. I'm okay! Just life...you know? I know you all know! We are here on this board!
  • Discovered additional $700 cash debt: paid back $300. Scheduled to repay $100 a month. It is not pressing to repay, but I was sad to find it.
I think, "Gosh, that debt is huge!" But then I look at what I've paid off in six months and am pleased. I could've very well cancelled the trip and been debt free by the end of the year. But, I'm glad we didn't. There has been some family heartbreak and struggles. This will be our 25th anniversary. And our kids won't be living with us forever (hopefully!). We have 149 days from today and my family is excited!

This January seems to have been the same from what I've read here - unusually high crowd levels.
We went January 2017 and it was pretty dead. Then we went this January and it was crazy busy in comparison! We were there last September right after Irma. I've got the same week booked this year and I don't know what to expect :laughing:

Personal goal: I gained 7 pounds from stress eating and a bit of depression. I'm okay! Just life...you know? I know you all know! We are here on this board!
This is where I am... I've gained way more than 7lbs from stress eating/depression/lack of sleep over the last 2.5 years. I'm finally ready to tackle that now...

This is where I am... I've gained way more than 7lbs from stress eating/depression/lack of sleep over the last 2.5 years. I'm finally ready to tackle that now...

Let me tell you about the 30 pounds I've gained since getting married :rotfl2: I'm down 5 and hoped to be down another 5 by my DL trip at the end of the month, but the cornbread I baked yesterday has made that look not so promising...

Let me tell you about the 30 pounds I've gained since getting married :rotfl2: I'm down 5 and hoped to be down another 5 by my DL trip at the end of the month, but the cornbread I baked yesterday has made that look not so promising...
I have a horrible sweet tooth. It's always been my downfall.. And then with my family stuff and all the OT I was working, I was hitting the vending machine almost every day for a pack of chocolate donuts :crazy2: Also I love carbs! I will take some cornbread off your hands :flower3:

I have a horrible sweet tooth. It's always been my downfall.. And then with my family stuff and all the OT I was working, I was hitting the vending machine almost every day for a pack of chocolate donuts :crazy2: Also I love carbs! I will take some cornbread off your hands :flower3:

I'm right there with you on all of that. I did bring the cornbread into work today and only one very small piece is left, so at least it's out of the house. I really need to get on the elliptical so I'm at least feeling a little more in shape before I go to DL, even if I don't get anymore pounds off between now and then.

I feel y'all on the weight gain. 2 kids in 2 years really wasn't so nice to my body. Mix in the overtime the last few weeks, lack of any real sleep, and being somewhat broke so eating not the best foods, and I have about 40lbs to lose before I even attempt to start wedding rdress shopping this fall.
But, Good news, I grilled a bunch of chicken breasts today for my work meals the next 4 days. Yay for grilled chicken salads and grilled chicken with steamed veggies!

Oh yeah, I'm with you all on the weight gain. I haven't even weighed myself in quite awhile because I know it would just depress me! Need to get my act together. Sugar is my downfall also!

Getting braces as an adult has been great for weight loss since there is so much I can no longer eat with my teeth bothering me. (chips, bread (hate getting it stuck in the braces), most meat, most junk food, etc) Down 16 lbs since April and can comfortably fit into most of my clothes now. I have 5-8 more to go and I'll be happy but those few seem to be going nowhere.

Finished out the pay period with 105.5ish hours. I'm looking forward to seeing my check with almost 26 hours of ot on it. I wish it could go towards something fun, but I need all that to go right to debt. If i did the math right, I should be able to knock out a large chunk of the truck.

I FINALLY put together a spreadsheet for my savings. I was dumping everything into one account and then trying to figure out what money went to what savings goal after the fact. No more!
And a banana dance for YOU! :banana: Isn't that snowball just lovely?! I look to next year and see flowers falling from the sky, as my debt will be (Lord willing) zero, other than the house. HUZZAH!

DH had $75 less in OT this week. I've been budgeting without the OT money, but it still made me sad to see less.

Cranking through my to do list today.

Fixed up our insurance for our new house so should get a rebate for my old policy on Tues, $140. Will be budgeted on necessities straight away though but away least it's not on credit.

Put in my relocation allowance stuff with work, assuming all is approved, $1.6k which will pay off one cc almost entirely, only $200 balance to easily knock over after that.

Started on our tax, still have lots of deductions to put in but am currently at $100 return, hopefully will get over $500. DH should get more as he forgot to put some forms in with work and got taxed at the highest rate for a little bit. That all goes on car rego which is due next month but hopefully there might be a little left over to put on cc#2.

And I got approved for end of year exam marking, that was $3k last year and is in Nov/Dec pays so that should cover Christmas stuff.

A very successful week. And now its term break!

Hey has anyone seen Jen and Ashwin on here lately? I’m hoping she’s just busy and nothing is wrong. Won’t let me tag her name for some reason, but my iPad has been slow all night so maybe my connection is wonky.

Hey has anyone seen Jen and Ashwin on here lately? I’m hoping she’s just busy and nothing is wrong. Won’t let me tag her name for some reason, but my iPad has been slow all night so maybe my connection is wonky.

I was wondering also - checked and it looks like she's been really busy with work and her most recent post was on the I love cc's thread a few weeks ago.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter