DEBATE: What Disney should do to their Parks

tuck

UNIVERSAL/DISNEY/BUSCH PASSHOLDER
There's all this talk about who's going to buy Universal and run there parks..... maybe we need to say about Disney who can buy there parks and run them better.... Disney could sell all or part ownership in WDW or DL... like Tokyo Disney Resort is runned.. Disney designs the rides and gets royalities on sells and park tickets and also get payed for designing the rides..Look how smooth Tokyo Disney is running... and how DL and WDW is turning into a trash heap. The way its going .. eisner is going to keep cutting money so hard... we may see nothing but a bunch of cardboard cut outs around main street usa for the kids to greet instead of the live charactures..... I know thats a little far fetched,,.... but you never know............
All I can say is EISNER must go............

Quit giving us crap for attractions and give us some E atractions..

This is Future Eisner take your card board cut outs :mad: and go work for a fair

I don't think they should and will ever sell part of their american parks. That would be suicide for them, the theme parks are probably the biggest money makers for Disney.

BTW, it's What Disney should do to THEIR parks.

Pssstt.....

The idea is MUCH closer to reality than all you would want to beleive....

...but you didn't hear it from me.

BTW, it's What Disney should do to THEIR parks.
Hey! Go easy on us newcomers. ;) (I'd say it was a typo, but it happened numerous times :rolleyes: )

Pssstt.....

The idea is MUCH closer to reality than all you would want to beleive....

Alright... You can't go saying stuff like that without expecting people's curiosities to get peaked. Fess up to the goods you got! (please???)

Ok, the who are they going to sell their theme parks to? I have a few bucks, I'll buy Epcot off of them. :D

Back to the Family.

Man, this whole ousting of Eisner thing is taking too long. Which Disney family member do I send my resume's too? Cause I could run the parks better.

Man, this whole ousting of Eisner thing is taking too long. Which Disney family member do I send my resume's too? Cause I could run the parks better.

No kidding!

originally posted by Another Voice

The idea is MUCH closer to reality than all you would want to believe. . .

AV -- Details, please. You're starting to scare me.

Lisa:cool:

These types of manueverings take time. Alliances are formed, campaigns are run, realistic options have to be developed, financing might be needed, etc, etc, etc,

Espeically when the guy some want out doesn't want to leave, has cronies on the board, and is the third largest stockholder in the company.

On the original issue in the thread, "someone" has mentioned the possibility of Disney applying its foreign model to the domestic parks before, and frankly, it wouldn't surprise me at all (well, maybe a little...). And, even more frankly, if the option is to let current management run the parks, or somebody who is committed to their development (like OLC), I'd have to take the latter.

Originally posted by mjstaceyuofm

Alright... You can't go saying stuff like that without expecting people's curiosities to get peaked. Fess up to the goods you got! (please???)

You'll soon find that AV talks like this often around here. This is one of his least cryptic messages. He is too close to the action to divulge too many details. He could tell us more but he'd have to make sure we were silenced ;).

Espeically when the guy some want out doesn't want to leave, has cronies on the board, and is the third largest stockholder in the company.

Was he the third largest before he spent $10 mil a few weeks ago?

You'll soon find that AV talks like this often around here. This is one of his least cryptic messages. He is too close to the action to divulge too many details.
I've gathered that... I may not have many posts, but there's no counter showing how many posts a user has read......

He is too close to the action to divulge too many details. He could tell us more but he'd have to make sure we were silenced
Moreso, I think it has to do with how far along in the process the item is. The more "cryptic", the earlier in the process it is and therefore a greater chance for it to change...

Was he the third largest before he spent $10 mil a few weeks ago?
Not sure, but probably. He has 13.99 million shares now, and the $10 million purchase represented about 650 thousand shares, if my math is correct.

The rules governing the purchase of shares by an officer of a company are not as restrictive as the rules governing the sale of shares, but when The Big ME bought those shares recently he basically said to the world "I don't know of anything that will be announced by the company for the next 2-3 months that will significantly affect the stock price.".

When/If he (or any officer) were to sell shares it would basically says "I don't know of anything that will be announced by the company for the next 4-6 months that will significantly affect the stock price.".

If The Big ME had a plan to sell the parks to raise cash and he intended to do it within a couple of months of buying or selling stock he better get himself a new corporate counsel because the SEC would be very unhappy with him.

But ... perhaps selling the parks is a part of whatever takeover plot is afoot? This was a part of the schemes of the takeover artists back in '84 also ... hmmm

Hear what from you!!!???

But, Hey AV!! I did have a thought. What if Disney were to sell off Just the parks! Now, I’m not asking who would be interested and would not. But a curious thought occurs to me, and I think you may just be the guy to answer it! So, here goes...

Would it be good or bad for us Disney nuts?

Thanks! And I thought up that idea all by myself. Right out of thin air!! I never heard it from anyone!!!! ;)

Another Voice -- That wouldn't surprise me. Esp with the stock being low, debt evidently being too high. A few more wrong steps, and I they easily make themselves ripe for a take over.

Well, a certain Mr. Gates has been increasing his stock in Six Flags recently, so maybe he's just dipping his toe in before the main event?

There was a report several months ago that the idea of having a third party run the parks for them got some air time at a management meeting.

I don't remember if the reported motivation was trying to move some assets off the balance sheet, raising some cash, or just a waning interest in this side of the business.

Maybe, these discussions have gotten more serious consideration than we know?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter