deal for HOJO suite?

amw

need a new tag
I need a separate room for my DDs to sleep -- or really for us to sleep without them :teeth: . I had been originally looking at the no-name motels on Harbour (Anaheim, Camelot, Park Vue) but have been concerned with the recent reviews on customer service.

The HOJO has a King Suite that would do for us. I know they only have one, but it is available for my dates. Their web lists a price of $198/night. I think I can get an additional 10% off as an CAA/AAA member. (Mousesavers only offers 7%.) Does anyone know if I can get a better discount? - Entertainment Book or otherwise. Or is that as good as it gets for the suite :confused3

Also, if I book now, and they announce a "book 3 nights get one free" promotion for the Spring, can I get that applied to my reservation?

TIA

We LOVE this room! My DD and DS think it's their second home everytime we stay up at the DLR. We'll be going next month and it'll be our sixth time staying in that room, LOL! BTW, Esther who cleans the room is very nice and friendly. She also does a great job keeping the room clean and tidy. :)

Unfortunately, other than Mousesavers "DLR annual passholder" discount rates, I don't know of any discounts that give more than what you've posted above. I've heard that the Entertainment Book gives a good rate, but I don't know how much. Might be worth looking into.

Contact the Director of Sales at the HOJO Anaheim and I'm sure he'll be upfront about discounts and should give you answers to your questions. His e-mail address is listed on their website.

get 2 rooms that have a connecting door. We did that and it was great. 2 tv's, 2 bathrooms, 2 fridges.... and each room was really big. We got the Entertainment rate of $59.00/ nite/room!!!! Can't beat that!!
The year before, we stayed at PP with an AP rate of $59.00 for the Sunday, and $79.00 for the Mon-Thurs. The Hojo rooms were bigger, just as nice, and it was actually a shorter walk to the parks!!! We will be back at Hojo's for our next trip.... too bad I don't know when that will be! :confused3

scanmom said:
get 2 rooms that have a connecting door. We did that and it was great. 2 tv's, 2 bathrooms, 2 fridges.... and each room was really big.

Did they guarantee the connecting rooms? My DDs are 4 and 6, and obviously can't be in a regular room on their own. My concern is that we'd get there and they wouldn't have any connecting. I've heard of that nightmare at the Disney hotels.

munchkinsmom said:
Contact the Director of Sales at the HOJO Anaheim and I'm sure he'll be upfront about discounts and should give you answers to your questions. His e-mail address is listed on their website.

Just wanted to second this suggestion. He is extremely helpful! :thumbsup2
Also, I just checked with him last week regarding the price of the king suite and the Entertainment rate is not offered on the suites.

I cannot remember if our connecting rooms were guaranteed, but we had no problems. I just checked in and we got them. I had requested a certain bldg and the connecting rooms, and we got both. I would call them or e-mail them to ask

Thanks all,
I did send an e-mail to the Director of Sales a few days ago, but he's away due to your American holiday. He's supposed to be back today. I'll post his answers when I get them :)

Just wanted to post an update. :thanks:

Thank you for all your suggestions. The Director of Sales was excellent and was able to answer all my questions promptly, and was able to help me save a bit off the web rate. I have booked my King Suite! :woohoo:

Incidentally, he was going to be able to assure connecting rooms if I wanted to go that route, but they would have been Double/Double rooms, and I wanted a little more than that on a vacation :) I don't think the Entertainment rates are as good as they've been in the past.

I really am impressed with their level of customer service. Since, this is what was concerning me about the other no-name motels on harbour, I'm happy with my decision. A little more money for peace-of-mind.

Hey, you can't beat the best room in the house :banana: (just a little excited now!)

If you haven't seen pics of the Howard Johnson Plaza, go to the locked sticky thread at the top and click on the hotel link. I have a description of the Howard Johnson, plus pics of the pools, grounds, layout map, etc.

I really like this moderate hotel, and it is pretty close to Disneyland.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter