DDC XXXIV: The Original Home Of The DISDads!!!

We are staying home tonight also, there is no way I’m going anywhere near the end of my driveway much less fighting crowds in 45 degree weather. We were in Epcot for four hours on Friday and an hour of that was in Teppen Edo for lunch.
We went to Boardwalk yesterday afternoon, had to pay our rent at the Bel Vue. Took almost an hour and a half to drive 17 miles. Neither was my idea, I would have been happy just staying home and going for a dip in the pool and nap but, here we are.
We have to put the pork roast in tonight because we are having lunch here tomorrow because I have to work tomorrow night 4-12:30.
Looking at the weather the next two weeks, looks like there is no end in sight to this artic blast we have been under pretty much since November.
I have six shifts in the next ten days then I’m off for eleven straight days!!
Have to rest up for our weekend at the Poly in February. lol. We have a friend from Pa. coming down to visit, we leave it up to whoever comes down to do what they want to do.
She is a big Sonny’s barbecue fan and we live less than a mile from a Sonny’s. I’m sure we will be eating from there one night. Maybe park one day and the Springs.
When we packed up and moved here almost three years ago, we put box’s in the extra bedroom closet. I have been going thru those box’s. I found a winter coat!! Oohhhh it was like Christmas morning!!!! I had it on Friday and I must say, it felt better then what two consenting adults do. lol. ( this is a family thread. )
We had gotten rid of our winter attire, not thinking our winter clothes weather is now 60, not 20. lol. We had a very hot summer, which is fine with me and now we are having a cold fall and winter. We had a record breaking heat in June, July and August.
Anyway….. Happy New Year!!!

Anyone have any plans? We ordered some Chinese food yesterday for pick-up today around 5pm tonight.
We ordered Chinese food this morning for pick-up today around 5pm tonight.
(Okay... 5:30... but close enough.)
I'm now down to 14 days before I leave for Disney and I'm getting excited
You should be! Right around the corner. :)
My countdown is on… I’m 10/11.
My countdown is on too! And it's at zero!
Zero more days until I go back to basically getting zero days off anymore.
Took almost an hour and a half to drive 17 miles.
:scared:
Looking at the weather the next two weeks, looks like there is no end in sight to this artic blast we have been under pretty much since November.
You're welcome. Anything else I can send you from Canada?
I found a winter coat!! Oohhhh it was like Christmas morning!!!! I had it on Friday and I must say, it felt better then what two consenting adults do. lol. ( this is a family thread. )
:lmao:

We are staying home tonight also, there is no way I’m going anywhere near the end of my driveway much less fighting crowds in 45 degree weather. We were in Epcot for four hours on Friday and an hour of that was in Teppen Edo for lunch.
We went to Boardwalk yesterday afternoon, had to pay our rent at the Bel Vue. Took almost an hour and a half to drive 17 miles. Neither was my idea, I would have been happy just staying home and going for a dip in the pool and nap but, here we are.
We have to put the pork roast in tonight because we are having lunch here tomorrow because I have to work tomorrow night 4-12:30.
I have six shifts in the next ten days then I’m off for eleven straight days!!
Have to rest up for our weekend at the Poly in February. lol. We have a friend from Pa. coming down to visit, we leave it up to whoever comes down to do what they want to do.
She is a big Sonny’s barbecue fan and we live less than a mile from a Sonny’s. I’m sure we will be eating from there one night. Maybe park one day and the Springs.
When we packed up and moved here almost three years ago, we put box’s in the extra bedroom closet. I have been going thru those box’s. I found a winter coat!! Oohhhh it was like Christmas morning!!!! I had it on Friday and I must say, it felt better then what two consenting adults do. lol. ( this is a family thread. )
We had gotten rid of our winter attire, not thinking our winter clothes weather is now 60, not 20. lol. We had a very hot summer, which is fine with me and now we are having a cold fall and winter. We had a record breaking heat in June, July and August.
Anyway….. Happy New Year!!!
Zerf Life...
We should all be so lucky.

Happy New Year to all y'all.

We ordered Chinese food this morning for pick-up today around 5pm tonight.
(Okay... 5:30... but close enough.)

You should be! Right around the corner. :)

My countdown is on too! And it's at zero!
Zero more days until I go back to basically getting zero days off anymore.

:scared:

You're welcome. Anything else I can send you from Canada?

:lmao:
Traffic wise it's that time of year. Starting right after Halloween the snowbirds start heading down. The last two weeks is always a mess, no school , holidays and northerners coming down for the holidays. All fine with me, they can pay my tax’s all they want. lol.
One of the best parts about the area I work in, we do a lot of training for other areas so we usually have plenty of extra heart beats around.

Looks like you’ll be off during the DisDad Club Convention.
My last shift is the 10th. I pick up our friend from home on the 13th at the airport.
We take her back the 18th. ( I normally have off the 19th thru the 21st ) Not sure what her plans are, I’m sure we will end up in a park or two and possibly the Springs. I’m normally only scheduled Monday,Tuesday and Wednesday so when I request a “week” off, it turns into eleven days off. lol May even go to that other place… the place thats going to put Disney out of business…. again…. what’s it’s called? U , Un , Univer. Whatever it’s called. lol. Not sure yet, don’t really want to pay $170 to get in and another $160 to get on rides for a day per person to see Shrek and Donkey, ET and not a Harry Potter fan or a roller coaster fan.
She’s not a big planner, wouldn’t make a good Disney fan that’s for sure.

Happy New Year everyone!

Been away for a bit. I discovered in mid-December that Human Resources, in their infinite wisdom, wasn't allowing anyone to roll over vacation time this year. And I had a bunch of use-it-or-lose-it time on the books, so suddenly I was very scarce at the office.

Sadly, I ran out of excuses and vacation time and had to report back to work today. But it was a nice holiday. Hope you're all doing well.

Happy New Year everyone!

Been away for a bit. I discovered in mid-December that Human Resources, in their infinite wisdom, wasn't allowing anyone to roll over vacation time this year. And I had a bunch of use-it-or-lose-it time on the books, so suddenly I was very scarce at the office.

Sadly, I ran out of excuses and vacation time and had to report back to work today. But it was a nice holiday. Hope you're all doing well.
The other day my manager told me I had too much and he was “going to look into that”. I told him it was what our contract allowed and if he did I’d put in a union grievance. He shut up. What really ticks me off is I’m having to work almost non-stop because management put us in a staffing crisis and he says I’m not taking enough vacation. 🙄

The other day my manager told me I had too much and he was “going to look into that”. I told him it was what our contract allowed and if he did I’d put in a union grievance. He shut up. What really ticks me off is I’m having to work almost non-stop because management put us in a staffing crisis and he says I’m not taking enough vacation. 🙄
I love people like that. I'm sure if you tried to take more vacation time he'd complain that he's understaffed and you're really putting him in a bind.

Just popping in to see if I can interest you in extending your car's warranty.
Oh, that's a shame. I just had it extended. A really nice person said I could do it over the phone. Credit card purchase. Easy peasy.
No, but I did just come into a large inheritance from a distant relative in Africa. I just need to write them a check so they can deliver it to me.
You too? Wow! What are the odds! I wonder if it's the same rich relative... maybe we're distantly related!
View attachment 824131
THREE, THREE more days till 11 days off !!!!!
Can a get some woooo hoooo’s !
woot

Enthusiasm will mount progressively over following 3 days.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter