DDC XXXIV: The Original Home Of The DISDads!!!

Morning Gents, cool one here today.

Dan, get back in your bubble! DDCCX can't lose another one.

Morning, all.

I am now on a construction ban until I find a place for the Disney Castle. I do not like the cone of shame.
:lmao:
How'd that 12 hour shift go? Hope it wasn't too bad.
It was long. I'm on another 12 hour shift today.
I know, couldn't believe it. I thought she'd live forever.
When the Queen goes (IF she goes), the last two people who lived when dinosaurs roamed the Earth will be gone.
Then some rest.
Unfortunately not.
Not one but two people called in sick.
So my first day off is now a 12 hour shift.
That's what I'm hoping, and if I play my cards right, a career I can work from home. And this is a career that, if I go the right route, I can make some good money, so there's something for me to work towards.
Good luck.
I was trending in that direction and then decided that I'd rather shoot what I want, when I want.
But... who knows what the future will bring?
I have to be honest, I thought it was just OK. Not bad, but not great. I just couldn't get into the story.
I felt that way about Soul too. I hope it's not the start of a trend for me.
Yep. You're officially jaded Jeff.

Motion that it be your new nickname. Jaded Jeff.

am now on a construction ban until I find a place for the Disney Castle. I do not like the cone of shame.
Okay fine....instead of waiting until I get to Germany, bring it with you to DDCCX and I'll ship it to Germany when I go.

Evening Men,

Been busy at work the last few days. With the new year came grand plans from my boss on what he would like to implement this year - new marketing ideas and strategies to try. Of course, his grand plans mean lots of work for me in order to make them happen. I guess that's what happens when you do your job well and without needing to be asked.

To everyone dealing with the winter storms, take care and be safe. My thoughts and prayers are with all who have to deal with the added craziness, in addition to everything else life is throwing at everyone right now. Just remember this weather in July when you are complaining about the heat and humidity though.

Hey, Fellas. Having a good week so far. I'm off to a new office down Cape, it'll take me almost an hour to get to this morning, so I'll be leaving early. So I have a question regarding my cell phone for everyone. When I got to bed last night, my phone was at about 10%, so, like every night, I plugged it in, making sure it was charging, which it was. I unplugged it this morning and looked at it and the battery indicator read 100%. However, when I went to open a game on my phone it suddenly shut down. When the phone finally restarted the battery indicator read 10%. Has this happened to anyone before? I'm guessing the battery's pretty much shot, right? I'll have to make the decision to either replace the phone or the battery. Well, gotta run. Have a good day, Fellas.

TTFN

Morning, all.

:wave::wave:

It was long. I'm on another 12 hour shift today.

Ok, that's not cool.

When the Queen goes (IF she goes), the last two people who lived when dinosaurs roamed the Earth will be gone.

:laughing:

Unfortunately not.
Not one but two people called in sick.
So my first day off is now a 12 hour shift.

Eeesh! While I understand people calling out sick, that's just not cool.

Good luck.
I was trending in that direction and then decided that I'd rather shoot what I want, when I want.
But... who knows what the future will bring?

I'd like to get into film noir photography....that would be cool. I'm also trying to get into dance photography as well.

2nd!

Evening Men,

Been busy at work the last few days. With the new year came grand plans from my boss on what he would like to implement this year - new marketing ideas and strategies to try. Of course, his grand plans mean lots of work for me in order to make them happen. I guess that's what happens when you do your job well and without needing to be asked.

Sucks being the good guy at work at times, doesn't it?

Given my recent feelings on the changes at WDW, you're not wrong :(

I should focus on the positive things.
Like thinking of my next trip to WDW and getting that first glimpse of Magical Express at the airport.
Oh wait...

When I got to bed last night, my phone was at about 10%, so, like every night, I plugged it in, making sure it was charging, which it was. I unplugged it this morning and looked at it and the battery indicator read 100%. However, when I went to open a game on my phone it suddenly shut down. When the phone finally restarted the battery indicator read 10%. Has this happened to anyone before? I'm guessing the battery's pretty much shot, right? I'll have to make the decision to either replace the phone or the battery. Well, gotta run. Have a good day, Fellas.
Sounds similar to what happened with my previous phone. It would say it had a high charge % but then just power off randomly. I was close to wanting a new phone anyway so that's what I did.

Morning gents.
Was up at 5am on my first day off... because I had to bring my mom in for an early cataract operation.
Tomorrow... I'm hoping tomorrow I can finally stop. Just for a second.
I guess that's what happens when you do your job well and without needing to be asked.
Isn't that the way? The lousy employees get to coast because the managers know not to task them with anything. Meanwhile the good employees are burned out because they get all the work.
Just remember this weather in July when you are complaining about the heat and humidity though.
Nope. I don't do that. The extremes are too slanted towards the cold zone.
. When the phone finally restarted the battery indicator read 10%. Has this happened to anyone before? I'm guessing the battery's pretty much shot, right?
Not necessarily. While it doesn't look good, try powering it off completely and restarting, if you haven't done that.
I'd like to get into film noir photography....that would be cool. I'm also trying to get into dance photography as well.
Seen some of your noir and dance too.
I should focus on the positive things.
Like thinking of my next trip to WDW and getting that first glimpse of Magical Express at the airport.
Oh wait...
:rolleyes1

Last edited:
So I have a question regarding my cell phone for everyone. When I got to bed last night, my phone was at about 10%, so, like every night, I plugged it in, making sure it was charging, which it was. I unplugged it this morning and looked at it and the battery indicator read 100%. However, when I went to open a game on my phone it suddenly shut down. When the phone finally restarted the battery indicator read 10%. Has this happened to anyone before? I'm guessing the battery's pretty much shot, right? I'll have to make the decision to either replace the phone or the battery. Well, gotta run. Have a good day, Fellas.
Hard to say....need more details.

Now that it's reset itself or was done for you...if it's an iphone...they're notorious for doing things in updates that make older phones not behave...they WANT you to by a new one.

But, now that it's rebooted/reset, see how it charges tonight (or if you have a charger with you...how it does during the day).

Depending on the phone, replacing the battery might not be an option. Some phones are sealed and very difficult to work on. I've done screen changes and battery changes many times and not all phones are designed equally.

Ironically, my brother got an eerily similar message from my mom with her phone (older iPhone) doing something similar with charging last night. If yours is an older iphone and there's been a recent update, that could be the culprit

Greetings All,

What a day it was. Spent the day at work dealing with accounting issues, mainly trying to collect on past due accounts. A couple of hours into my day at work, The Better Half called and let me know the knob in the shower broke. Luckily, it was off when it broke so it wasn't running all day and a quick trip to Home Depot got the part I needed.
The Kid came down with a stuffy nose and fatigue. We are hoping it isn't Covid but it takes a week just to get an appointment to get a test around here. Until we find out, she has to stay home from school and she isn't happy about this as she is worried about getting behind in her work. By the time she is able to get a test, the quarantine period will be over anyway.
Both cats went to the vet today. One cat was diagnosed with a heart murmur due to enlarged walls. The other cat was diagnosed with stress and anxiety. I didn't even know a cat could have stress and anxiety. How does an animal that sleeps 20 hours a day have stress? Should I get an emotional support animal for my cat, perhaps an emotional support hamster?

Anyway, I'm off to bed so I can do it all again tomorrow.

What's up, Fellas? I went to a new office yesterday, and by new I mean an established office that's now part of our healthcare group (the doctor(s)/owner(s) sold to our healthcare group) and Monday was the first day it went live in our organization. There were problems, but for the most part it went smoothly. It was a long drive, but I passed the time listening to Disney related podcasts. :teeth: Otherwise a smooth day.

Sounds similar to what happened with my previous phone. It would say it had a high charge % but then just power off randomly. I was close to wanting a new phone anyway so that's what I did.

I should have mentioned that I have an iPhone 6s, an older phone, so I'm sure the battery's going. Now, this morning? No problem. So I'm not sure what's going on, but I'm sure I'll need a new phone soon.

Morning gents.
Was up at 5am on my first day off... because I had to bring my mom in for an early cataract operation.
Tomorrow... I'm hoping tomorrow I can finally stop. Just for a second.

Hope all goes well with your mom.

Isn't that the way? The lousy employees get to coast because the managers know not to task them with anything. Meanwhile the good employees are burned out because they get all the work.

::yes::

Not necessarily. While it doesn't look good, try powering it off completely and restarting, if you haven't done that.

I'm almost at the point where I want to do a complete reset of the phone, but I really don't want to do that. However, this morning? No problem at all. The phone's acting normal. I don't know, I can't afford a new phone right now, so I'll keep it.

Seen some of your noir and dance too.

:thumbsup2 Love dance photos.

Ok, fellas, just got a call to head out earlier than planned, so I'm going to cut this short. I'll try and respond to everyone else this evening. Have a good day.

Morning, fellas.
Was so glad, after working almost non-stop the last 3 weeks or so to have 3 days off to catch up on some sleep. Day 1 I was at work by 6:45 and worked 12 hours. Yesterday I was up at 5am to take my mom in. Today I'm up at 5am again to work an 8 hour shift...
Next week I'll get some sleep... maybe. (not the week after as I'm now scheduled to work 2 of my 3 days off.)

The Better Half called and let me know the knob in the shower broke. Luckily, it was off when it broke so it wasn't running all day and a quick trip to Home Depot got the part I needed.
Glad that wasn't more of an issue.
Question, though. You'd have to turn off water to the house to stop the shower?
The Kid came down with a stuffy nose and fatigue. We are hoping it isn't Covid but it takes a week just to get an appointment to get a test around here. Until we find out, she has to stay home from school and she isn't happy about this as she is worried about getting behind in her work. By the time she is able to get a test, the quarantine period will be over anyway.
Uh oh... hope it's either just a cold or if it's Covid, that it's a mild one... for all of you since you'll all catch it most likely.
Should I get an emotional support animal for my cat, perhaps an emotional support hamster?
I believe that's called "dinner".
It was a long drive, but I passed the time listening to Disney related podcasts. :teeth:
Define "long"? Over an hour?
Hope all goes well with your mom.
Thanks. Seems to have. :)

Morning All.

Quiet day with Mike, Dan and the Chief away at DDCCX. They all all look to be having a good time so far. Hopefully I will get to one again.

Greetings All,

What a day it was. Spent the day at work dealing with accounting issues, mainly trying to collect on past due accounts. A couple of hours into my day at work, The Better Half called and let me know the knob in the shower broke. Luckily, it was off when it broke so it wasn't running all day and a quick trip to Home Depot got the part I needed.
Both cats went to the vet today. One cat was diagnosed with a heart murmur due to enlarged walls. The other cat was diagnosed with stress and anxiety. I didn't even know a cat could have stress and anxiety. How does an animal that sleeps 20 hours a day have stress? Should I get an emotional support animal for my cat, perhaps an emotional support hamster?

Anyway, I'm off to bed so I can do it all again tomorrow.

Hope today is a better day and your daughter just has a cold and your cats are OK.

Are the cats close? I've seen stress in pets when one is sick or away.

The other cat was diagnosed with stress and anxiety. I didn't even know a cat could have stress and anxiety. How does an animal that sleeps 20 hours a day have stress? Should I get an emotional support animal for my cat, perhaps an emotional support hamster?

:rotfl2: That's a new one for me. But then again, I'm not a pet owner.

Was so glad, after working almost non-stop the last 3 weeks or so to have 3 days off to catch up on some sleep. Day 1 I was at work by 6:45 and worked 12 hours. Yesterday I was up at 5am to take my mom in. Today I'm up at 5am again to work an 8 hour shift...
Next week I'll get some sleep... maybe. (not the week after as I'm now scheduled to work 2 of my 3 days off.)

When did you last have a day off that was actually a day off? I can't remember.

Quiet day with Mike, Dan and the Chief away at DDCCX. They all all look to be having a good time so far. Hopefully I will get to one again.

I've never been to one. Maybe someday after I finish paying for college for the kids. So, about 30 years or so.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter