DDC XXXIV: The Original Home Of The DISDads!!!

Morning boys.
Start of a 12 hour shift coming up. At least today I'll get a break after a couple hours (and then no more). Getting up early tomorrow is gonna hurt. Then again... what else is new?

I recall you saying before how you were trying to get that foot in the door. Keep up the studies. Knowledge gained is never a waste of time/effort.

Nice touch.
I'm not sure how you do it. It would be the death of me.

Hello gents! A very belated Merry Christmas to you all and an on time Happy New Year.
I hope you are all enjoying the holidays.

I had a week off during Christmas, back to the grind now. Working day shift for the new year, but I don't really mind it. Honestly DW and I don't do much anyway. My biggest decision for New Years is normally if I should wear pants or pajamas to the living room.

Funny story from Christmas Eve. DW and I had intended to bake a couple batches of cookies (gingerbread and shortbread) in the morning and we would decorate as a family that night. I went out shopping for Christmas brunch that I always do for my parents and brother. DW started the gingerbread and messed up the butter amount. I have no idea why but when she sees 3/4 cup she thinks that's three 1/2 cup blocks. She admits she could never understand fractions in school. Anyway, we had to double all the other ingredients and ended up baking much later than planned. We had four big containers of gingerbread that we didn't decorate until the 27th.

Christmas day was opening presents, eating too much for brunch, passing out, then going to my parents for supper and eating too much again. About right for Christmas.

Boxing Day was at my in-laws, about 1.5 hours drive. Again, ate too much. There's a running theme here.

I hope you are all dong well and enjoy the evening.

Sad news, for those who may not have heard. Betty White passed away today. :sad1

Hello gents! A very belated Merry Christmas to you all and an on time Happy New Year.
Right back atcha, Jeff. :)
Working day shift for the new year, but I don't really mind it.
Ditto. I work until 11pm tonight, then back at 7am for the day shift.
My biggest decision for New Years is normally if I should wear pants or pajamas to the living room.
::yes::
Funny story from Christmas Eve. DW and I had intended to bake a couple batches of cookies (gingerbread and shortbread) in the morning and we would decorate as a family that night. I went out shopping for Christmas brunch that I always do for my parents and brother. DW started the gingerbread and messed up the butter amount. I have no idea why but when she sees 3/4 cup she thinks that's three 1/2 cup blocks. She admits she could never understand fractions in school. Anyway, we had to double all the other ingredients and ended up baking much later than planned. We had four big containers of gingerbread that we didn't decorate until the 27th.
Wait... you had all that and you didn't send us any????
Christmas day was opening presents, eating too much for brunch, passing out, then going to my parents for supper and eating too much again. About right for Christmas.
Sounds about right.
Boxing Day was at my in-laws, about 1.5 hours drive. Again, ate too much. There's a running theme here.
Nope. I'm thinking with all that food, there was very little running involved.

Just finished the big Cindy's Castle LEGO set that I bought for the young'un in October, now the Lady K is asking the awkward question of where I'm going to put it. I'm thinking if I don't come up with an answer sharpish, she's gonna find a place to put it, and that thing has some pretty rough edges.
We got a ginormous Lego castle about 2 years ago for The Kid. She built it at the dining room table and we have yet to figure out a good place for it. It is now the 4th member of our family at mealtimes.

Update: I can now see the surface of my desk. So that's progress.
I avoid cleaning my desk at all costs. Every time my co-workers see I have a clean desk, they somehow find work to put on it. A messy desk means I already have a lot of work to do.

My biggest decision for New Years is normally if I should wear pants or pajamas to the living room.
Wait, we're supposed to wear pants in the living room? :confused3 Save the brainpower, don't make any decisions, and just go as you are. Problem solved.

Watched Encanto last night. Pretty good!
Agreed, Encanto is a good movie. As The Better Half commented about half way through that it isn't your typical Disney movie though.

Agreed, Encanto is a good movie. As The Better Half commented about half way through that it isn't your typical Disney movie though.
What I liked about it... among other things.

Hey, fellas! Running behind this morning, so just dropping by real quick to say hey. Had a good weekend and New Years. Was asked to take some publicity shots for a local production of Godspell, so did that yesterday. Wile there, they asked if I'd come back to take some headshots of cast, so I'll be doing that next Sunday. Well, gotta get going. Have a good day, fells.

TTFN

Morning, gents.
One more hour to go and my (overly) long stretch is (hopefully) over.
As long as no one calls in sick, I should get back to my normal rotation starting with 3 days off. Mind you, there's a chance that I'm working one of those already...

Hey, fellas! Running behind this morning, so just dropping by real quick to say hey. Had a good weekend and New Years. Was asked to take some publicity shots for a local production of Godspell, so did that yesterday. Wile there, they asked if I'd come back to take some headshots of cast, so I'll be doing that next Sunday. Well, gotta get going. Have a good day, fells.

TTFN
Looks like the making of a second career in the works...

Morning fellas, from a soggy London. One day back at work today, clearing out emails before I go off again, so obviously I'm on here.
To be fair the whole company shut down for a week, so there's not much to tie up, but need to hit the ground running when I get back next week. Hope all is well in the Disdads empire....
We got a ginormous Lego castle about 2 years ago for The Kid. She built it at the dining room table and we have yet to figure out a good place for it. It is now the 4th member of our family at mealtimes.
I am now on a construction ban until I find a place for the Disney Castle. I do not like the cone of shame.
And you Jeff, hope you are doing well my friend.

Have a great day chaps, and may your dole whip be extra spiky from the Tiki Bar Terrace.

Morning, Fellas! First day back to work in the new year went off without a hitch, though some lady came in that had some serious BO. :crazy2: I used an entire can of air spray after she left and still couldn't get the smell out. Outside that all is well. Supposed to snowed yesterday/last night, but didn't get anything, except for really cold temps.....something I'm not ready for yet. If winter must happen, let it happy quickly so we can get back to spring. Well, that's all I've got. Have a good day, guys, and we'll chat later.

TTFN

Morning boys.
Start of a 12 hour shift coming up. At least today I'll get a break after a couple hours (and then no more). Getting up early tomorrow is gonna hurt. Then again... what else is new?

How'd that 12 hour shift go? Hope it wasn't too bad.

I recall you saying before how you were trying to get that foot in the door. Keep up the studies. Knowledge gained is never a waste of time/effort.

I was, and now that I have that foot in the door it'll, hopefully, be easier to get a coding job when that time comes. If I'm lucky, I can get on with the VA, nice government job. :thumbsup2

Nice touch.

:teeth:

I had a week off during Christmas, back to the grind now. Working day shift for the new year, but I don't really mind it. Honestly DW and I don't do much anyway. My biggest decision for New Years is normally if I should wear pants or pajamas to the living room.

And a Belated Merry Christmas to you, too.

Wait... you had all that and you didn't send us any????

Yeah, what pkondz said! I want some cookies!

Sounds like us. I ate so much that day.

Sad news, for those who may not have heard. Betty White passed away today. :sad1

I know, couldn't believe it. I thought she'd live forever.

Hey guys. I keep dropping off this board in favor of more readily accessible social media platforms. Hope you all had a great New Year and that 2022 treats you well.

Oh, I also needed to posts I could figure out my DisDad#

Well, welcome back. Grab a seat and stay a while.

Nice of you to think of it as family. :thumbsup2

Morning, gents.
One more hour to go and my (overly) long stretch is (hopefully) over.
As long as no one calls in sick, I should get back to my normal rotation starting with 3 days off. Mind you, there's a chance that I'm working one of those already...

Then some rest.

Looks like the making of a second career in the works...

That's what I'm hoping, and if I play my cards right, a career I can work from home. And this is a career that, if I go the right route, I can make some good money, so there's something for me to work towards.

Watched Encanto last night. Pretty good!
My family watched it NYE.
I have to be honest, I thought it was just OK. Not bad, but not great. I just couldn't get into the story.
I felt that way about Soul too. I hope it's not the start of a trend for me.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter