DDC XXXIV: The Original Home Of The DISDads!!!

Howdy gents. just checking in. I'm working night shift this week, will finish Wednesday for a week off during Christmas. Looking forward to that! First time in 3 years I will have Christmas off.

In other news. Phew! Just finished watching the Canadian Football League championship game. (108th Grey Cup)
I may have mentioned before that I am a very casual observer of CFL, so much that I forgot the Grey Cup was on until I was channel surfing.
I only saw the second half, but I definitely saw the better half. What a game!
I'm just waiting for the Schooners to get in so I can have a team to root for.

Now... I'm still kind of skeptical and reluctant. :sad2:

Any chance we could put a Chapek animatronic in place of Zurg so we can shoot him with our laser guns?
I've been skeptical and reluctant for a while now, and the Genie+ changes did not help that.
I was sort of thinking about a family trip in summer 2022 but honestly, I'm just not that excited about the idea.

I know what you mean. We're looking at going back in 2023. But I'll only be able to go over the summer, so it will be crowded. So with all the changes, I feel like my choice is either to wait in 2-hour lines for every ride and go on maybe 4 rides a day, or pay however many buckets of dollars on top of what it already costs for travel, lodging, and admission. Not very magical.
Ditto

I'm seriously looking into Disney Springs area hotels. All the money grab by Disney is getting to be too much. Disney's making it easier for people to stay off-site.
I am seriously thinking of the same. I think the family will want to be on property and overrule me, but we'll see.

Nana got her a small drone, thanks, Nana...maybe Daddy can play with it, er I mean, test it. Yeah that's it.
Yeah, I think I would be "testing" that too :)

Last edited:
Fellas! Hope this finds everyone well. Had a good weekend. I finally pulled the tree out of the attic and got it set up. Yeah, I'm a little late, but at least its not two days before, that happened one year. Got some Christmas shopping done, really late for me as I usually shop throughout the year, but at least I got some done. For my family, spread out between Texas and New Mexico, they'll be getting baskets that we ordered. Early start the next 3 days, so I'm going to cut this short. Everyone have a great day.

TTFN

Let's see...
I guess it's kinda Thursday for me, with my Friday coming tonight. Then Friday II is tomorrow night and Friday III is Sunday night into Monday. So... Saturday is Tuesday, but so is Sunday because Wednesday is my Monday next week.

Yeah, that's it. Fairly straightforward.

Uh, yeah....straightforward. :crazy: :teeth:

Actually... kidding aside. I'm a bit worried about how I'm going to handle the next weeks until January. Night shifts are hard enough and I have three in a row starting tonight, with only one day off before working an evening, swing, day, two midnights, a day and a midnight, one day off, then back to an almost normal rotation of two evenings, swing, day, midnight. And then my "weekend" off starting January 4th.

Wow! Well, hope all goes well, and pray that you get through it.

Howdy gents. just checking in. I'm working night shift this week, will finish Wednesday for a week off during Christmas. Looking forward to that! First time in 3 years I will have Christmas off.

Congrats on having Christmas Eve off, that's wonderful.

I've been skeptical and reluctant for a while now, and the Genie+ changes did not help that.
I was sort of thinking about a family trip in summer 2022 but honestly, I'm just not that excited about the idea.

Unless there's a ride or two that I absolutely have to ride, I won't be doing Genie+, aka pay to play. I'll use the Genie app to help me plan/use for crowd flows, but I think in the end I'll still do my own thing.

I am seriously thinking of the same. I think the family will want to be on property and overrule me, but we'll see.

The last time my DW was down in the World was when she was a little girl, and my DD's never been, so I don't think it'll matter for them. In fact, when it comes to my DW, she'll be tickled pink if we can do it cheaply, so off-site is a huge plus for us.

Yeah, I think I would be "testing" that too :)

Yep.

Happy Monday all.

Had a pretty good weekend here, hope you all had the same.

Christmas Countdown GIFs | Tenor

Morning, Gents! Work went well yesterday and hoping today goes the same, but I'm not holding my breath. The office I'm going to today is full of entitled patients, and that makes for an interesting day. Oh well, I'll make the best of it. Well, I'm off to make breakfast and head to work. Have a good day, guys.

TTFN

Saw 5 DOT guys at a job site yesterday. One guy was welding and the other 4 were watching. They also came in 4 trucks.
Wait... only 5? Wonder where the other 8 were?

As this is my one and only day off before Christmas (next day off is Dec 29) I spent it being productive. Made 4 batches of cookies and the Yule Log. Went shopping at the butcher's, Costco and Sobey's (grocery store), shoveled the driveway, brought the rest of the gifts over to my folk's place and now I'm taking 5 minutes before I start cooking supper.

I need to go back to work so I can rest.

Wait... only 5? Wonder where the other 8 were?

As this is my one and only day off before Christmas (next day off is Dec 29) I spent it being productive. Made 4 batches of cookies and the Yule Log. Went shopping at the butcher's, Costco and Sobey's (grocery store), shoveled the driveway, brought the rest of the gifts over to my folk's place and now I'm taking 5 minutes before I start cooking supper.

I need to go back to work so I can rest.

Wait! You have a log?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter