DDC XXXIV: The Original Home Of The DISDads!!!

Now that we're connected on book face, just search my name with photography...or, I could just send you an invite, which I just did. I'll also DM you the link.
Got it, thanks. :)
For the ballet, I used a Canon 70-200mm usm. Because I have an 80D, with a crop sensor, the 70 mm is more like 112mm, so I couldn't get the full stage, but it's a great lens for that shoot.
Nice. I have the same lens (F2.8, right?) but not Canon.
I've been thinking of getting a full frame sensor, but... $$$$ and I'm just not shooting that much anymore.
Too many other things that I want to buy.

I need a wealthy relative to croak.
Morning Gents, anyone see a camel?

View attachment 628884
Humph. Those are not camels. :snooty:
I would love to but with a wife that's a teacher she might get a bit unhappy if I went when she couldn't.
Throw caution to the wind!

I think gift cards are an awesome gift. Most of the stuff I really want is too expensive for me to ask someone to give me, so a gift card is something I can apply towards those items instead. :thumbsup2
::yes:: This.

Good morning... Not sure I mentioned it here, but DW tested positive for the 'rona last week. I had it a year ago and it kicked my butt to the extent that I'm now under the care of a cardiologist. Thankfully, I've been able to avoid it this time around. The older 2 kids were cleared to go back to school tomorrow with a negative test today and I could go back to work with a negative test today.

At around 8pm last night our oldest told me his gatorade tasted funny. :headache:

Here we go again...

Good morning... Not sure I mentioned it here, but DW tested positive for the 'rona last week. I had it a year ago and it kicked my butt to the extent that I'm now under the care of a cardiologist. Thankfully, I've been able to avoid it this time around. The older 2 kids were cleared to go back to school tomorrow with a negative test today and I could go back to work with a negative test today.

At around 8pm last night our oldest told me his gatorade tasted funny. :headache:

Here we go again...

Yikes. That's scary. Hoping and praying you guys are ok.

Here we go again...
praying

Here we go again...

Sorry to hear Andy. Hope everyone is OK.

Ugh. Good luck.
At around 8pm last night our oldest told me his gatorade tasted funny.
Oh no… :(

Several people are very difficult to shop for and I hate shopping, so gift cards and they can get what they want.
I hate shopping too. I would really prefer to get gift cards and I oftne do that for my parents, brother, or friends. But I feel like for my wife I should at least make an attempt to get something more personal, even if she doesn't like what I pick out.
And to top it off, she has a birthday 2 weeks after Christmas. So I have to think of double the gifts at the same time of year.

Here we go again...
Sorry to hear that Andy. I hope things turn out ok.

Working my first night shift in a while.
I lay down for a few hours this afternoon to try and get a nap.
The following is approximately how that went.

ME: ahhh...blinds closed, room dark, comfy bed, nice and relaxed, now time for a little sleep
BRAIN: hey, how's it going? Are you sure you turned off the oven after lunch?
ME: Yes, it's off. I think. No, yes, it is.
BRAIN: OK cool. Hey, you know tomorrow is garbage day. Remember that half used green pepper in the fridge. It's probably funky by now. You should throw it out.
ME: Yeah, I'll get right on that tomorrow. Garbage day.
BRAIN: Man, you remember that crazy dog that lived next door when you were 12. I haven't thought about that in years. I don't know how I went from green pepper to crazy dog.
ME: I don't either, but can you stop? I'm trying to sleep for a couple hours. I have to work all night, you know.

Similar nonsense and shenanigans proceeded for the next several hours.
Until about 10 minutes before my alarm....

It's going to be a long night.
Time for another cup of tea (these are the rare times I wish I liked coffee because it seems like a much better waker upper than tea)
Can you tell I am trying to stall and avoid work?

Hey, Fellas! Got my vacation approved for March, so now I start looking for air fare. Had a good day yesterday, wasn't where I was supposed to be, but the day flew by. Otherwise all is well. Have a good day, guys.

TTFN

I would love to but with a wife that's a teacher she might get a bit unhappy if I went when she couldn't.

Do it and as for forgiveness later.

Got it, thanks. :)

:thumbsup2

Nice. I have the same lens (F2.8, right?) but not Canon.
I've been thinking of getting a full frame sensor, but... $$$$ and I'm just not shooting that much anymore.
Too many other things that I want to buy.

Yes, f2.8. I got it off a friend from the train who sold it to me for $400. I got very lucky as someone else wanted to buy it from him, but he gave me first right of refusal. I would love to get a full-frame, but yeah, the money. I'm starting to justify it in my head, but I'll have to really need first, and I don't need it right now. I'll tell you want I really want is a portrait studio to work in, but don't have the money to pay for one. It'd be nice to be able to set up a studio with all the lights and lave it up and not have to take them down. But here's the thing: Would I really use a studio? The Cape is such beautiful area that most of my shots would be outside. So.... I don't know. I do know that I'd love to get into Film Noir photography. That would be cool....and I think I'd be the only one on the Cape to do it. I have 3 flashes, so that's a start. I'd have to get three snoots, though, and having a studio to practice in would be great. . Thankfully I don't have to make that decision right now.

I need a wealthy relative to croak.

You and me both.

Here we go again...

Oh no! Praying

Working my first night shift in a while.

ME: ahhh...blinds closed, room dark, comfy bed, nice and relaxed, now time for a little sleep
BRAIN: OK cool. Hey, you know tomorrow is garbage day. Remember that half used green pepper in the fridge. It's probably funky by now. You should throw it out.
BRAIN: Man, you remember that crazy dog that lived next door when you were 12. I haven't thought about that in years. I don't know how I went from green pepper to crazy dog.
ME: I don't either, but can you stop? I'm trying to sleep for a couple hours. I have to work all night, you know.

Time for another cup of tea (these are the rare times I wish I liked coffee because it seems like a much better waker upper than tea)

Sounds like my brain sometimes. Hope you were able to get some sleep.

Morning all.

You all just need to hang on for2 more days, it's almost the weekend.

Have you ever tried a light roast coffee? The flavour is not as strong but there is more caffeine than a dark roast.

And to top it off, she has a birthday 2 weeks after Christmas. So I have to think of double the gifts at the same time of year.
This... I feel your pain.

Good luck!

I am completely familiar with this chain of events.
I often don't sleep before a night shift, but on the last night shift, I tried... I really did.
Then the doorbell rang, setting the dogs off. I thought "Package. Someone will pick it up and the dogs will quiet down." Nope. Knock followed shortly after. Dogs barking more. Then the doorbell rang again. Dogs now going berserk. No one answering the door. I get up. It's pizza delivery. No one ordered pizza. (Dude didn't have the decency to just leave it with us anyways.)
Okay... I'll try to sleep again... Okay... just starting to fall asleep. Might get an hour... And then DW, who was in bed on her phone, decides it's time for her to put away her phone and charge it. She rolls over towards the end table... yanking all the blankets off me.

I gave up at that point.
I hear that. I don't drink tea or coffee. Can make for some long nights.
Yes, f2.8. I got it off a friend from the train who sold it to me for $400.
Wow! Nice score!
I'll tell you want I really want is a portrait studio to work in, but don't have the money to pay for one.
They're not cheap. I set one up in the basement, but... you really need a dedicated space. It's okay in a pinch, but...
It'd be nice to be able to set up a studio with all the lights and lave it up and not have to take them down.
...yeah, that's the issue. Setting up and taking down takes longer than a photo shoot.
You all just need to hang on for2 more days, it's almost the weekend.
Nope.
I just lost my 3 day weekend. Now my weekend starts on Sunday... and I wouldn't be overly surprised if I got called in to work either Sunday or Monday.

Then the doorbell rang, setting the dogs off. I thought "Package. Someone will pick it up and the dogs will quiet down." Nope. Knock followed shortly after. Dogs barking more. Then the doorbell rang again. Dogs now going berserk. No one answering the door. I get up. It's pizza delivery. No one ordered pizza. (Dude didn't have the decency to just leave it with us anyways.)
Okay... I'll try to sleep again... Okay... just starting to fall asleep. Might get an hour... And then DW, who was in bed on her phone, decides it's time for her to put away her phone and charge it. She rolls over towards the end table... yanking all the blankets off me.
Oy!

Mine are usually wake up at 3:30 am for no apparent reason or woken up by the dog. Then tossing and turning until my alarm at 5am.

I hear that. I don't drink tea or coffee. Can make for some long nights.
Liar!
You drink some tea with your sugar.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter