DDC XXXIV: The Original Home Of The DISDads!!!

Andy?!?!? That you??

Welcome back, buddy. :)

And a quick search reveals your last post was on March 20th... 2020.
Yeah... it's been a while. I won't make promises to get back to checking in here daily. I'd love to. I really would. But I just don't have time to stay as caught up here as I used to. And then it just feels so daunting when you get so far behind and a few minutes on the Dis just doesn't feel as much like a fun escape.

So I guess I'm just gonna say screw it, hi, I'm here now. :wave:

And hopefully my next time back will be sooner than um... 19 months from now. :o

In Flanders fields the poppies blow
Between the crosses, row on row,
That mark our place; and in the sky
The larks, still bravely singing, fly
Scarce heard amid the guns below.

We are the Dead. Short days ago
We lived, felt dawn, saw sunset glow,
Loved and were loved, and now we lie,
In Flanders fields.

Take up our quarrel with the foe:
To you from failing hands we throw
The torch; be yours to hold it high.
If ye break faith with us who die
We shall not sleep, though poppies grow
In Flanders fields.
Nice to see that one posted up today.
Thanks for that.

Yeah... it's been a while. I won't make promises to get back to checking in here daily. I'd love to. I really would. But I just don't have time to stay as caught up here as I used to. And then it just feels so daunting when you get so far behind and a few minutes on the Dis just doesn't feel as much like a fun escape.

And hopefully my next time back will be sooner than um... 19 months from now. :o
Good to hear from you
Randal should be along presently to re-assign you your official DDC number.

Hope all are well in you house.
And like the rest of us, maybe some time you'll find time to get back down to Da'World.

Good to see you back here Andy. Long time.

After checking hotel availability and pricing it out that was a big fat no. Maybe one of these days we'll get back there. Anyway, something just told me I should check in here today and say hi. I've missed everyone!
I totally get that. I went through a phase where work got in the way and the endless Disney money grabs really have really soured my feelings about Disney

I would offer to let you stay at my house (about 35 min away), but I think you've got more family than I've got room.

Totally get that.

Morning, Gents! Thanks to my scheduling supervisor, she was able schedule me a day off yesterday so that I could be at the Veterans Day Ceremony for my town. The ceremony is small, but the town really supports the military and its veteran citizens. I feel blessed to be the VFW Post Commander in that town. The day was was a really nice day, so it made for a great ceremony. Well, that's it, gotta run out early, so have a good day, guys.

Good afternoon. Happy Veterans Day to those of you who served our country!

Long time, no see. Not sure when the last time was that I logged into the Disboards. I've been in kind of a Disney funk. Based on our usual rotation, we should have been planning a trip for this past summer. With the Covid restrictions and not knowing what might be going on, we didn't and I just didn't feel the draw to come to this site and read about Disney. I still don't know when our next trip will be. We were invited to join my sister's family the week after Thanksgiving. After checking hotel availability and pricing it out that was a big fat no. Maybe one of these days we'll get back there. Anyway, something just told me I should check in here today and say hi. I've missed everyone!

Welcome back! I went through a Disney funk several years ago when I wasn't going, so I feel your pain.

It can be daunting, for sure, but sometimes just a quick trip in to say "Hey" helps.

Good move. If you try and leave we'll chase you down and bring you back.

See the above statement about chasing you down? ;)

Morning, Gents! Thanks to my scheduling supervisor, she was able schedule me a day off yesterday so that I could be at the Veterans Day Ceremony for my town. The ceremony is small, but the town really supports the military and its veteran citizens. I feel blessed to be the VFW Post Commander in that town. The day was was a really nice day, so it made for a great ceremony. Well, that's it, gotta run out early, so have a good day, guys.

Good to hear. In my province and a few others, Remembrance Day is a statutory holiday but even when it wasn't most employers gave people the day off.

Hello guys. Well, I have to admit I didn’t even get out of my pyjamas yesterday. Ever have one of those days? I think they are needed occasionally.
I did feel bad for not making a visit to lay a poppy on the local war memorial, which I normally try to do. It chucked down with a cold rain the whole day and I just didn’t feel like leaving the house. I really felt bad for the brave souls who ventured out for the Remembrance ceremony.

Long time, no see. Not sure when the last time was that I logged into the Disboards. I've been in kind of a Disney funk.
Hello Andy! Nice to hear from you. I’m a bit scarce myself on the boards these days, particularly the trip reports, so I understand.

I went through a phase where work got in the way and the endless Disney money grabs really have really soured my feelings about Disney
I hate to admit but I’m very much in that phase now.

Morning, fellas.
Not a fun morning ahead. I have to dig out (even though it's still snowing) but both DD and DW have driven over the snow, packing it down. That merely makes the job about 100 times harder. Joy.
Thanks to my scheduling supervisor, she was able schedule me a day off yesterday so that I could be at the Veterans Day Ceremony for my town.
Nice. Glad that happened.
Well, I have to admit I didn’t even get out of my pyjamas yesterday.
Good! Everyone needs those days once in a while.
I did feel bad for not making a visit to lay a poppy on the local war memorial, which I normally try to do. It chucked down with a cold rain the whole day and I just didn’t feel like leaving the house.
Snowstorm here yesterday (and today).

Hey guys,

I was away at a work conference in Philadelphia most of the week, so I haven't had the chance to check in (or catch up on people's trip reports) (or my own). I did manage to meet up with my daughter and take her to dinner and a Flyers game while I was there. It was great to see her and catch up. She seems very happy at school, and it's great to see her adjusting to life on her own and thriving.

The hockey game was...less enjoyable. Flyers were shut out, and their power play looked particularly inept.

Long time, no see. Not sure when the last time was that I logged into the Disboards. I've been in kind of a Disney funk. Based on our usual rotation, we should have been planning a trip for this past summer. With the Covid restrictions and not knowing what might be going on, we didn't and I just didn't feel the draw to come to this site and read about Disney. I still don't know when our next trip will be. We were invited to join my sister's family the week after Thanksgiving. After checking hotel availability and pricing it out that was a big fat no. Maybe one of these days we'll get back there. Anyway, something just told me I should check in here today and say hi. I've missed everyone!

Hey Andy! Great to hear from you.

Nobody ever bothers catching up if they've been away a while. Just jump right in. It's what we all do.

Well, I have to admit I didn’t even get out of my pyjamas yesterday. Ever have one of those days? I think they are needed occasionally.

I wish those days were called "weekdays", but alas...

Not a fun morning ahead. I have to dig out (even though it's still snowing) but both DD and DW have driven over the snow, packing it down. That merely makes the job about 100 times harder. Joy.

Ugh. But at least they will shower you with gratitude when you're done.

see you in 18 months!
Hey! I beat my target!

Good to see you in these parts Andy.
Thanks, great to be back.

Good to hear from you
Randal should be along presently to re-assign you your official DDC number.

Hope all are well in you house.
And like the rest of us, maybe some time you'll find time to get back down to Da'World.
We're doing great, thanks! What number are we up to anyway?

Good to see you back here Andy. Long time.
Thanks! It has been far too long.

I totally get that. I went through a phase where work got in the way and the endless Disney money grabs really have really soured my feelings about Disney
Exactly. We were looking forward to getting back, but when we only get to go once every 2 years or so, we wanted to wait until it got closer to normal or at least got to a point where we felt like we understood how things work and can get the most out of our trip. But the last 2 summers, just to get away, we rented a cabin for a week outside of Gatlinburg... we could get away from home, but still isolate from the crowds. That was significantly cheaper than 1 night just for the room at some Disney resorts and much more relaxing.

Welcome back! I went through a Disney funk several years ago when I wasn't going, so I feel your pain.
Thanks for the welcome back, and thanks for serving our country! I'm glad you were able to have the day off to celebrate Veteran's Day.

Hello Andy! Nice to hear from you. I’m a bit scarce myself on the boards these days, particularly the trip reports, so I understand.
I want to try to read through a few. I do miss a lot of the people there too. Not really a home thread like the Disdads to catch up with some of the ladies there.

Morning, fellas.
Looks like you should have got up sooner.

Or maybe you should invest in a snowblower since you live where it snows the whole year.

Hey guys,

I was away at a work conference in Philadelphia most of the week, so I haven't had the chance to check in (or catch up on people's trip reports) (or my own). I did manage to meet up with my daughter and take her to dinner and a Flyers game while I was there. It was great to see her and catch up. She seems very happy at school, and it's great to see her adjusting to life on her own and thriving.
:eek::faint: How long have I been gone?

Hey Andy! Great to hear from you.
Great to see everyone again. I need to just take time to get back to the fun I used to have here.

I did manage to meet up with my daughter and take her to dinner and a Flyers game while I was there
Nice!
Ugh. But at least they will shower you with gratitude when you're done.
Are you new around here???
Hey! I beat my target!
A miracle! A blessing from the Lord!
Looks like you should have got up sooner.
Actually I had a really bad night the night before, so that wasn’t going to happen
Or maybe you should invest in a snowblower since you live where it snows the whole year.
Just might do that. But… $1,000+ hurts.

I want to try to read through a few. I do miss a lot of the people there too. Not really a home thread like the Disdads to catch up with some of the ladies there.

A lot of the people whose TR's I followed have drifted away from the boards. I guess nothing lasts forever. Anyway, I don't spend as much time there as I used to.

Our snowblowers seem to be much less reliable these days.

:eek::faint: How long have I been gone?

So...yeah. My kids grew up, and I'm really old now.

Are you new around here???

Hope springs eternal!

Good afternoon. Happy Veterans Day to those of you who served our country!

:welcome:WELCOME TO THE DISDAD'S CLUB afwdwfan! :welcome:

You have been added to The Official DISDad Members List on Page 1, Posts 8 & 9!:thumbsup2

Your Official Member Number is #460!

To see where else you can find the DISDads on the internet, please check out Post 3 on Page One!

If you would like anything added to Page One about yourself, please send me a PM. FYI, I do not add anything to page one about you without your permission.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter