DDC XXXIV: The Original Home Of The DISDads!!!

Hello gents
Well, remember a few days ago when I mentioned our first snowfall was in the forecast?
Well, the forecast all along had been “trace to 2cm” accumulation that would change to rain by morning.
Weatherman says doubtful we’ll have to shovel, it will probably melt away.
Well I feel like kicking the weatherman in the snowballs today!
After an hour of working on the wet sloppy heavy cement in my driveway, I can confirm it definitely had to be shovelled.
About 10cm fell all night (that’s about 4 inches in real money chaps #TWSS)
I was definitely not ready for winter yet. I hadn’t even taken winter coat and boots from the basement (that may be a Canadian thing)
On the other hand, being so wet the snow stuck to all the trees so it did look pretty.

Hello gents
Well, remember a few days ago when I mentioned our first snowfall was in the forecast?
Well, the forecast all along had been “trace to 2cm” accumulation that would change to rain by morning.
After an hour of working on the wet sloppy heavy cement in my driveway, I can confirm it definitely had to be shovelled.
I was definitely not ready for winter yet. I hadn’t even taken winter coat and boots from the basement (that may be a Canadian thing)
On the other hand, being so wet the snow stuck to all the trees so it did look pretty.

Have the winter tires on yet?

If you see Jake Thomas, tell him Douglas, NB says hello.
He had a good game. 4 tackles and 2 sacks. They interviewed him after the game.
Feeling your pain, CCT. That’s why I always said, “I didn’t come to work here to make friends, but I sure didn’t come here to make enemies!”
Well, he's in the medical field so technically he could have come to make enemas.
Whoa.
We had the opposite. Unseasonably warm temps today, 15C/59F. Way above normal.

Morning, Fellas! Back to another Monday, and another work week. This week I'll be at primary care offices instead of specialty offices, so no Cardio and annoying employees. :teeth: I will, however, be working 4 - 10's, so an earlier start for me. No problem, I haven't been at primary care offices in a while, so it'll be good to get back to them. Had a good weekend. Got together with one of my DD's friends for a play date on Saturday. Contacted the mother and met them at the bowling alley and then some arcade fun after. Sunday was spent relaxing and being lazy. I spent most of the day online watching videos on the tube of you. Well, that's it. Gotta get going and get breakfast before heading to work.

TTFN

I've been in a similar, so I get it.

It's really annoying. Follow the rules or not. And there have been plenty of times when I've stepped in to help out first when I didn't have to. Just annoying.

Thanks. That generally works most of the time.

Feeling your pain, CCT. That’s why I always said, “I didn’t come to work here to make friends, but I sure didn’t come here to make enemies!”

I need to adopt that.

Hello gents

I feel your pain. That happens all the time here and it's annoying when it happens. One storm a couple of years ago the weathermen reported a huge snowstorm. As a result, schools, churches and other activities closed. Turned out nothing happened. So annoying.

Well, he's in the medical field so technically he could have come to make enemas.

:laughing:

Happy Monday GIFs | Tenor

Nope! But I guess I’ll have to try doing that this week. Which will likely bring on a week of sunshine and 15C :sad2:

If anyone is curious the snow did melt away in the past few days and it’s a balmy 10C / 50F with sunny breaks again today. So I guess it could have been worse.

Need to get ours changed this week as well.

Morning, Gents! Had a great day yesterday, a long day, as it was my first 10 hour day in a long time, but a good day. The person I worked with is fun to work with, so it helped to pass the time. Now on to a location today that I haven't been to in quite a while, and its a busy site so it'll make the day go by pretty quickly. Well, I'm off, gents. Have a good day, and we'll chat later.

TTFN

Mornin', Gents! Running behind this morning, so....yeah. That's all I have. Have a good day, everyone.

In Flanders fields the poppies blow
Between the crosses, row on row,
That mark our place; and in the sky
The larks, still bravely singing, fly
Scarce heard amid the guns below.

We are the Dead. Short days ago
We lived, felt dawn, saw sunset glow,
Loved and were loved, and now we lie,
In Flanders fields.

Take up our quarrel with the foe:
To you from failing hands we throw
The torch; be yours to hold it high.
If ye break faith with us who die
We shall not sleep, though poppies grow
In Flanders fields.

Good afternoon. Happy Veterans Day to those of you who served our country!

Long time, no see. Not sure when the last time was that I logged into the Disboards. I've been in kind of a Disney funk. Based on our usual rotation, we should have been planning a trip for this past summer. With the Covid restrictions and not knowing what might be going on, we didn't and I just didn't feel the draw to come to this site and read about Disney. I still don't know when our next trip will be. We were invited to join my sister's family the week after Thanksgiving. After checking hotel availability and pricing it out that was a big fat no. Maybe one of these days we'll get back there. Anyway, something just told me I should check in here today and say hi. I've missed everyone!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter