DDC XXXIV: The Original Home Of The DISDads!!!

Morning, Fellas! Hope all are well. I didn't realize I was away for so long until I got this morning. Well, continuing to workout everyday, and do I feel good. I've been having knee issues, as well as with a sore Achilles tendon, and working out has helped both tremendously. Wish I had started working out months ago.

I'm now down to 32 days before we leave for our trip and I can't wait. As much as I love planning trips, I have to admit to being overwhelmed at planning this one. There is just so much to do down there that I find it hard to plan out exactly what we’re going to do for the day that we’re in each park. The DW and I don’t want to spend the money on Genie+/LL, and we’re not park commandos, so I told the wife that the day we do the MK will be an early day and we’ll utilize early entry and rope drop. I’m still debating on when to get to the other parks, don’t want to push the family and will let them sleep in, but I know Animal Kingdom will probably be another early park day as well.

That's a great feeling! Also, I need to get to the gym but our gym is 40 mins away one way which makes it hard to get there. We will be back in Colorado in 2 months and start going back to our gym there.

It really is a great feeling, and it’s a plus that my gym is 3 minutes from my house…so no excuses for me.

Don't overdo it. The worst thing you can do is to damage yourself so you can't walk around the parks. In the meantime, low-impact cardio (eliptical, exercise bike, etc) will help you strengthen your knees. Just remember to stretch out before AND after.

It’s been too long since I’ve been in the gym, so keeping it easy for now. Take my weight training for instance, I’ve been keeping it low weights, so low that I feel embarrassed working out, but I don’t want to hurt myself.

Thanks! Just need to find someone to take on my daughter.

Someone will come along.

This new med is already doing things. My average blood sugar was at 145 for the last 4 weeks and now is down to 124. For the last 10 weeks I have been on low-carb, no-carb (25g on a bad day, 2g on a good day) diet and my blood sugar has stayed the same which is super uncommon. By this time it is normally down 10 points but it has stayed relatively even. In the 3 days since I started this new med it's already down 10%. Heck, I've had two nights under 100. That was rare even when I was on carnivore for 2 years.

Whoo hoo, got my 30 day check in for my cruise done. It official we are getting on a boat.
Group 15 12:30 boarding
Is this your first cruise? We've seen a ton of videos from the Wish and it looks like a lot of fun.

It’s been too long since I’ve been in the gym, so keeping it easy for now. Take my weight training for instance, I’ve been keeping it low weights, so low that I feel embarrassed working out, but I don’t want to hurt myself.
I did the same thing when I started going back to the gym this year. Only using about 20% of the weight I used to use but keeping my rep count up. I figure at 40+ Im not gonna get ripped again (cough, cough), just going to try and stop losing any more muscle.

Is this your first cruise? We've seen a ton of videos from the Wish and it looks like a lot of fun.
Yup, its our first on any cruise line. Figure it may spoil us for any other lines but will be worth it.

Yup, its our first on any cruise line. Figure it may spoil us for any other lines but will be worth it.
We did the Fantasy about 2 weeks ago for our first cruise ever. The Disney experience is fantastic, but now we are curious what other cruise lines are like. We probably will try Royal Caribbean (at 1/2 the price) here in a year or so (?), but we want to do the Halloween Disney Cruises in 2025.

Morning, Fellas! Hope all are well. I didn't realize I was away for so long until I got in this morning. Well, continuing to workout everyday, and do I feel good. I've been having knee issues, as well as with a sore Achilles tendon, and working out has helped both tremendously. Wish I had started working out months ago.

I'm now down to 32 days before we leave for our trip and I can't wait. As much as I love planning trips, I have to admit to being overwhelmed at planning this one. There is just so much to do down there that I find it hard to plan out exactly what we’re going to do for the day that we’re in each park. The DW and I don’t want to spend the money on Genie+/LL, and we’re not park commandos, so I told the wife that the day we do the MK will be an early day and we’ll utilize early entry and rope drop. I’ll also keep an eye on the Disney app, as well as the Touring Plan app, for wait times to plan my day. I’m still debating on when to get to the other parks, don’t want to push the family and will let them sleep in, but I know Animal Kingdom will probably be another early park day as well. Outside that, I’m not sure what we’re going to do. I do want to have a plan, and most certainly will have a plan, I’m also going to allow for things to just happen.

That's a great feeling! Also, I need to get to the gym but our gym is 40 mins away one way which makes it hard to get there. We will be back in Colorado in 2 months and start going back to our gym there.

It really is a great feeling, and it’s a plus that my gym is 3 minutes from my house…so no excuses for me.

Don't overdo it. The worst thing you can do is to damage yourself so you can't walk around the parks. In the meantime, low-impact cardio (eliptical, exercise bike, etc) will help you strengthen your knees. Just remember to stretch out before AND after.

I love using the elliptical, better than the treadmill. It’s been too long since I’ve been in the gym, so keeping it easy for now. Take my weight training for instance, I’ve been keeping it low weights, so low that I feel embarrassed working out, but I don’t want to hurt myself.

Thanks! Just need to find someone to take on my daughter.

Someone will come along.

This new med is already doing things. My average blood sugar was at 145 for the last 4 weeks and now is down to 124. For the last 10 weeks I have been on low-carb, no-carb (25g on a bad day, 2g on a good day) diet and my blood sugar has stayed the same which is super uncommon. By this time it is normally down 10 points but it has stayed relatively even. In the 3 days since I started this new med it's already down 10%. Heck, I've had two nights under 100. That was rare even when I was on carnivore for 2 years.

👍

Happy Wednesday all!

humpdaymemeobiwankenobi-5af489100e23d900374987e6.jpg

I'm now down to 32 days before we leave for our trip and I can't wait. As much as I love planning trips, I have to admit to being overwhelmed at planning this one. There is just so much to do down there that I find it hard to plan out exactly what we’re going to do for the day that we’re in each park. The DW and I don’t want to spend the money on Genie+/LL, and we’re not park commandos, so I told the wife that the day we do the MK will be an early day and we’ll utilize early entry and rope drop. I’m still debating on when to get to the other parks, don’t want to push the family and will let them sleep in, but I know Animal Kingdom will probably be another early park day as well.
It can definitely be overwhelming. I think the key is to realize that you can't possibly do everything, so prioritize the attractions you absolutely don't want to miss. Going early for rope drop is a good strategy. I don't know if your family is comfortable doing single rider since you have a child with you, but that's pretty much the only other way to get on a ride quickly without using Genie+.

We did the Fantasy about 2 weeks ago for our first cruise ever. The Disney experience is fantastic, but now we are curious what other cruise lines are like. We probably will try Royal Caribbean (at 1/2 the price) here in a year or so (?), but we want to do the Halloween Disney Cruises in 2025.
The whole family (My brother and his kids, mom, aunt and cousins, along with us) are trying to put together an Alaska cruise next summer. We will probably do Carnival since that what my brother and his wife use to take their annual spring cruise.

I didn't realize I was away for so long until I got this morning.
Who dis?
Well, continuing to workout everyday, and do I feel good. I've been having knee issues, as well as with a sore Achilles tendon, and working out has helped both tremendously. Wish I had started working out months ago.
Good for you. :thumbsup2
There is just so much to do down there that I find it hard to plan out exactly what we’re going to do for the day that we’re in each park.
Deep breaths...
Morning, Fellas! Hope all are well. I didn't realize I was away for so long until I got in this morning.
Who dis?
I think the key is to realize that you can't possibly do everything
What he said. ::yes::
The whole family (My brother and his kids, mom, aunt and cousins, along with us) are trying to put together an Alaska cruise next summer.
Nice. Did one last fall and it was breathtaking.
Hump day, that was yesterday. Today is Friday. Lol.
Today is 2nd Monday

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter