DDC XXXIV: The Original Home Of The DISDads!!!

Morning, Fellas! Day 2 of working out in the gym is now in the books, and I feel great. It's only been 2 days but let tell you, it has made a difference in how I feel. My gym buddy bailed on me today but that's ok...it was a cardio only day.

We are now at 39 days until our trip and the trip is now paid off. That's right, I paid it off last night. No turning back now. So excited.

Good for you. I've been putting on weight unfortunately and need to do something about it... but must admit it ain't easy.

I had to do something. I've been having knee issues and it comes down to me being lazy and muscle imbalance. The weight doesn't help the knee, certainly, but I have other issues that stems from muscle imbalance. I know this because my chiropractor, who's become a friend of mine, did the push/pull tests on my knee. Since I wasn't screaming after the test he knew I hadn't torn anything. So, it comes down to needing to workout. It'll take some time get the knee where I want it, but I'm hoping in 39 days I'll get it to where I won't be in pain when I go.

I do agree with a lot of people that the magic seems to be, if not entirely gone, at least on hiatus. We've had many instances where we have received terrible service or just rude interactions with CMs, both in the hotels and the parks. In our conversations with our friends who work for Disney, they were all worried about losing their jobs under Chapek for wrongthink (accidentally using the wrong pronouns for a fellow CM or guest and being fired or reprimanded for it, the sheer number of ppl in the parks requiring much longer days and no financial compensation for this, guest frustrations with the changes in the parks and pricing increases causing animosity in the parks, etc).

I'm hoping that some of that magic will have come back by the time we head down. I have read stories where cast members seem to be happier, so hopefully that'll translate to a better experience for us.

That said, I still like the hotels and my son is getting married soon and we would like to have a fun place to go with them and eventually their littles. We could do the other options like Hilton's vacation program, but even if we don't go to Disney parks while at the DVC resorts, we can still appreciate the amenities and go to Universal or Sea World for the day.

Congratulations on the impending wedding of your son. That's wonderful.

I've been on keto then carnivore for a looong time, then I went totally off the reservation like 2 years ago and gained all my weight back and my blood sugar was crazy. Now back on keto/carnivore (I eat some greens when I want it but rarely if at all) for 4 months and my blood sugar is still not stabilizing. I'm also not losing any weight which is weird because the last time by this point I was down 25 lbs. My doctor just put me on this shot that's supposed to kind of jump start the process. We'll see how it goes.

That said, we just got off the Fantasy for our anniversary cruise and they did an awesome job with my diet. I may have averaged 5g of carbs per day and I had a great variety of things to eat.

Hoping you can jump start the weight loss again. You can do, man.

This has been a struggle for me. I've been having some health issues over the past 2-3 years that have zapped my energy and stamina. I already needed to lose some weight, but I've gained about 25 pounds and just feel lethargic most of the time. I was getting on track at the beginning of the year, but then had to take a month+ off after a procedure I had done and I've just struggled with getting myself back on track. Anyway, congratulations to you and I'm glad you have a workout buddy. That should certainly help you find motivation and encouragement along the way. Good luck!

With the exception of my knees I've not had any health issues, but like you I've been feeling lethargic. I maybe a bit late in getting going, but this trip in June has jump started my weight loss journey. If anything, it'll give me some stamina to keep going while in the parks. Either way, my friend, you have support in me.

Well, Gents, have to cut this short. Have a good day.

Last edited:
Morning, Fellas! Day 2 of working out in the gym is now in the books, and I feel great. It's only been 2 days but let tell you, it has made a difference in how I feel. My gym buddy didn't bailed on me today but that's ok...it was a cardio only day.

We are now at 39 days until our trip and the trip is now paid off. That's right, I paid it off last night. No turning back now. So excited.
That's a great feeling! Also, I need to get to the gym but our gym is 40 mins away one way which makes it hard to get there. We will be back in Colorado in 2 months and start going back to our gym there.
I had to do something. I've been having knee issues and it comes down to me being lazy and muscle imbalance. The weight doesn't help the knee, certainly, but I have other issues that stems from muscle imbalance. I know this because my chiropractor, who's become a friend of mine, did the push/pull tests on my knee. Since I wasn't screaming after the test he knew I hadn't torn anything. So, it comes down to needing to workout. It'll take some time get the knee where I want it, but I'm hoping in 39 days I'll get it to where I won't be in pain when I go.
Don't overdo it. The worst thing you can do is to damage yourself so you can't walk around the parks. In the meantime, low-impact cardio (eliptical, exercise bike, etc) will help you strengthen your knees. Just remember to stretch out before AND after.
Congratulations on the impending wedding of your son. That's wonderful.
Thanks! Just need to find someone to take on my daughter.
Hoping you can jump start the weight loss again. You can do, man.
This new med is already doing things. My average blood sugar was at 145 for the last 4 weeks and now is down to 124. For the last 10 weeks I have been on low-carb, no-carb (25g on a bad day, 2g on a good day) diet and my blood sugar has stayed the same which is super uncommon. By this time it is normally down 10 points but it has stayed relatively even. In the 3 days since I started this new med it's already down 10%. Heck, I've had two nights under 100. That was rare even when I was on carnivore for 2 years.
Well, Gents, have to cut this short. Have a good day.
You too!

There are only a handful of guys still posting in here on a regular basis and I'm not sure any of them are DVC owners. Facebook is much more active.
I’m here, kind of. Lol. Coming up on our 25th DVC anniversary in a few months.
Man, that is hard to believe, I’m getting old.
Our 600 points anymore are used for family and friends, that way they are not in my house. Lol
We stay every few months for three nights or so, just to use the points but honestly, it’s like camping in your backyard.
People can’t believe I say that but it’s hard to vacation where you work. Lol
But, I’m having a blast. I love my new role. I couldn’t believe it was six days of training but the old man made it through. Just like my last role, I had no clue what went into it but they are not untrained positions.
Im enjoying the break room! We have a hot grill for hot food and a Subway. I for see myself getting fat ter. Lol
Oh, I wanted to let you know, we don’t mop the floor, that’s custodial. Lol
We are not trained in the chemicals they use. Different union. Lol

Our 600 points anymore are used for family and friends, that way they are not in my house. Lol
We stay every few months for three nights or so, just to use the points but honestly, it’s like camping in your backyard.
But, I’m having a blast. I love my new role. I couldn’t believe it was six days of training but the old man made it through. Just like my last role, I had no clue what went into it but they are not untrained positions.
Im enjoying the break room! We have a hot grill for hot food and a Subway. I for see myself getting fat ter. Lol
Hey Dave! Good to see you!

We are in the area for only 2 more months before we have to move back to Colorado for a few years. Then we'll probably start snowbirding if we can. We still like 20 minutes from Disney property (I-4 pending), and our Pixie pass is a pain to manage with not being able to attend the parks on weekends (when I'm free from work). We will probably upgrade to the sorcerer pass when it expires. As it is now, we are only going after hours on Wednesdays when I get off from work.

Also, my wife says "hi". :)

Also, I kind of miss the old crew.
Hey Ian, welcome back! Good to hear from you.

Morning, Gents! Hope all are well. I'm now down to 40 days until my trip to the World with the family and I finally got myself back into the gym. I won't lose the weight I want to lose before I leave, but at least I'll get my stamina back. I'm helped by a friend of mine who also wants to lose weight. So, having a workout buddy, is going to help me to get back in shape. That's about it. Hope all are well.
Good luck! An accountability partner is definitely a help.

Good for you. I've been putting on weight unfortunately and need to do something about it... but must admit it ain't easy.
It's really not fair. It takes me a month to lose 10 lbs., and then one Thanksgiving dinner later it's all back.

That's actually a great life lesson. I still get that way about business expenses for the farm. Yes, I know I have to write this check to buy seed, but it still makes me feel sick to spend that much money.
I know what you mean. I like the fact that I still have that reality check. Like, I'm about to make the down payment on a car, I think it's a good thing to double check--do I really want to do this?

Glad you are enjoying the new position.

I’ve seen a lot of talk on here lately about Dvc, I did ask vacation club member about it when we were doing 6 trips a year with a total amount of days of 25-30. I will never forget what he said, you should just buy a house nearby in the long run it would be cheaper. Now over the last couple years Ive been looking around the nearby area you can get a really nice house with a screened in pool for under 350k thats a bargain compared to NJ prices, the only thing you have to watch out for HOA fees L have seen them as high as 429 a mounts. incase anyone was wondering there are only 3 hoses currently aviable in Golden Oakes right now with the cheapest one at 1.4mil.

I’ve seen a lot of talk on here lately about Dvc, I did ask vacation club member about it when we were doing 6 trips a year with a total amount of days of 25-30. I will never forget what he said, you should just buy a house nearby in the long run it would be cheaper. Now over the last couple years Ive been looking around the nearby area you can get a really nice house with a screened in pool for under 350k thats a bargain compared to NJ prices, the only thing you have to watch out for HOA fees L have seen them as high as 429 a mounts. incase anyone was wondering there are only 3 hoses currently aviable in Golden Oakes right now with the cheapest one at 1.4mil.
We considered buying in the Orlando area but it's hard to find good houses in places close to the house of mouse. We are in a rental home right next to the Champions Gate sign and paying $2750/mo. There are cheaper options, sure, but none were available when we needed them to be which didn't also have lots of work to be done or near to I-4. You pay for what you want. That said, if you buy a home and rent it out when you're not there, that's certainly an option, but you have to remember that in order to keep people from staying in it when you need it, you have to resort to monthly leases or less, and pay a property management company to maintain it for you.

Hey Dave! Good to see you!

We are in the area for only 2 more months before we have to move back to Colorado for a few years. Then we'll probably start snowbirding if we can. We still like 20 minutes from Disney property (I-4 pending), and our Pixie pass is a pain to manage with not being able to attend the parks on weekends (when I'm free from work). We will probably upgrade to the sorcerer pass when it expires. As it is now, we are only going after hours on Wednesdays when I get off from work.

Also, my wife says "hi". :)
How are you guys doing!!!

We considered buying in the Orlando area but it's hard to find good houses in places close to the house of mouse. We are in a rental home right next to the Champions Gate sign and paying $2750/mo. There are cheaper options, sure, but none were available when we needed them to be which didn't also have lots of work to be done or near to I-4. You pay for what you want. That said, if you buy a home and rent it out when you're not there, that's certainly an option, but you have to remember that in order to keep people from staying in it when you need it, you have to resort to monthly leases or less, and pay a property management company to maintain it for you.
It has gone crazy in Central Florida. We bought July of 2021 and I could make 100k on mine easily. We have nothing fancy, 2100 sq ft, four bed, two bath. Enclosed pool. Our lots are a bit bigger than most around but not huge. Our backyard in the ninth tee at Southern Dunes.
I feel sorry for the people I work with, it’s $2000 a month for a one bedroom apartment near the mouse.
I didn’t know your were at Champions. Are you closer to Rt27 entrance or I4?

IMG_1445.jpeg

It has gone crazy in Central Florida. We bought July of 2021 and I could make 100k on mine easily. We have nothing fancy, 2100 sq ft, four bed, two bath. Enclosed pool. Our lots are a bit bigger than most around but not huge. Our backyard in the ninth tee at Southern Dunes.
I feel sorry for the people I work with, it’s $2000 a month for a one bedroom apartment near the mouse.
I didn’t know your were at Champions. Are you closer to Rt27 entrance or I4?

View attachment 758198
I-4

This was taken like 3 blocks from my house.
IMG_0990.jpeg

Last edited:
Hey all,

I'm new to Disdads and would love to join the group. I'm a dad to three boys, Davis (8), Maxwell (5) and Robin (3). We just bought DVC in December and have our first trip booked for August. I work in financial planning, which is fitting for how much planning, including financially, Disney requires these days. Let me know if anything more is needed to join. I'm happy to answer any questions. Thanks!
:welcome:WELCOME TO THE DISDAD'S CLUB! :welcome:

You have been added to The Official DISDad Members List on Page 1, Posts 8 & 9!:thumbsup2

Your Official Member Number is #887!

To see where else you can find the DISDads on the internet, please check out Post 3 on Page One!

If you would like anything added to Page One about yourself, please send me a PM. FYI, I do not add anything to page one about you without your permission.

HELLOOOOOO HUMAAAAAANS!

*is this thing on?*
So, it's been 7 years since I was last here based on the changes in my signature, but I have DVC questions for DVC DISDads.

We bought 150pts in 2012 and had a great experience until 2017. The rooms were a lot harder to get into, even at 11 months out. The rooms had terrible upkeep with us having maintenance staff in our bedroom between 1-2 AM on multiple days of a trip at VWL with no compensation or even offer to change rooms from DVC nor the resort itself. The benefits seemed lackluster all around. By the middle of 2019, after not being able to book much at all because everything was being waitlisted, we finally sold our points and got out.

Now we are in a different financial position, and still fans of Disney accommodations, so we are considering coming back. What can you tell me about your experience with DVC from a normal family usage position? We will likely buy 200-250 points if we come back in, and will probably buy at Riviera. I just want to know from current owners (and not sales people) what the DVC landscape is like.

Thanks in advance for any help you can offer!

You have been added to The Official DISDad Members List on Page 1, Posts 8 & 9!:thumbsup2

Your Official Member Number is #366!

To see where else you can find the DISDads on the internet, please check out Post 3 on Page One!

If you would like anything added to Page One about yourself, please send me a PM. FYI, I do not add anything to page one about you without your permission.

Your Official Member Number is #366!

Hey Randall. Good to see you!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter