DDC XXXIV: The Original Home Of The DISDads!!!

take care and hunker down up there.

Thanks! So far all is well here in the land of Cape Cod. It did pour rain where I was working Yarmouth, mid-Cape, but not where I live, I'm on the border of upper-Cape and mid-Cape. Me thinks the storm tracked such that it missed part of Cape. Ok, obviously it did, but I'm not complaining. We still have tonight and into tomorrow, though...so we shall see.

Go ahead and push

I'd love to, but I'm just a good guy. I get tired of being the good guy sometimes. But being the good guy got me a really awesome review last year, so I have to keep it up. I even had a manger from another dept. tell me what a good job I was doing. She loved my customer service skills. Clearly she was on something when she was there.

I’ll start with the second question and that’s our idiot HR guy. But I work for a privately owned corporation that operates grain elevator facilities. I’m a location manager for one of them. The rules are blanket for all employees, and yes, I’ve had the honor of the random draw for a breathalyzer before. I guess in a sense it isn’t ridiculous because we have a few guys in the plant who operate large equipment like payloaders and rail car movers in the yard so being impaired in those roles is no bueno.
We have random drug test and breathalyzer test also. I no longer hit the bathroom before I clock in, I wait till I clock, see where it sends me, then go on the clock. You go to get tested and you can’t produce, you sit for three hours, yes, pace yourself drinking water you’re waiting three hours even if it’s dripping down your legs. Lol You still don’t produce, it’s considered a refusal.
Lucky for me, one bottle of water at 2 hour, thirty minute mark and I’m gonna need more than one of those little cups. Lol
The breathalyzer is never a problem for me. She told me to take a deep breath and wrap my lips around the straw creating a seel, I messed up the first time, she told me to try again. She said she would pull my hair but I didn’t have any. Lol Eeeeeeeevery body is a comedian now days.

This heart stuff I’ve been dealing with and the inability to be active is a killer. I was told I can’t resume working out until after my follow up in a couple of weeks. Well we leave for Disney World on Friday and I have stuff going on tomorrow so I’m packing my bag this evening. Tried on a couple of my old Disney T shirts and I feel like a damn sausage busting out of its casing. May need to wear a few golf polos this trip. Guess I’ll go all out eating next week and hopefully be ready to get active when we get home.

Evening Guys,

Back from vacation, only a day later than expected. Day yesterday started out fine, left the hotel at 5, bags checked by 5:30, at the gate by 6:15 thanks to MCO Reserve, landed in Baltimore on time, they announced passengers heading to Portland would stay on the plane because this was suppose to be a quick turnaround. 3 minutes later, sorry rest of the flight is canceled - get off the plane!

Original rebooking was for a flight to Portland on Friday, nope that can't happen. Finally opted for a 10:30 pm flight to Boston. Booked a car rental to drive to the Portland Jetport, picked up our car and arrived home around 11 am. All told I was awake for the better part of 30 hours.

Other than that, it was a great trip. Cruise was great and Disney is always a great time. The crowds on Sunday and Monday were Genie+ is really up increasing the the standby wait times.

You know how the ballpark has the beer vendor wandering through the stands a few times during the game? We need those guys in the office.

There are a few offices around here that have kegs.

This heart stuff I’ve been dealing with and the inability to be active is a killer. I was told I can’t resume working out until after my follow up in a couple of weeks. Well we leave for Disney World on Friday and I have stuff going on tomorrow so I’m packing my bag this evening. Tried on a couple of my old Disney T shirts and I feel like a damn sausage busting out of its casing. May need to wear a few golf polos this trip. Guess I’ll go all out eating next week and hopefully be ready to get active when we get home.
Get yourself some of these bad boys:

1678930960305.png
Back from vacation, only a day later than expected. Day yesterday started out fine, left the hotel at 5, bags checked by 5:30, at the gate by 6:15 thanks to MCO Reserve, landed in Baltimore on time, they announced passengers heading to Portland would stay on the plane because this was suppose to be a quick turnaround. 3 minutes later, sorry rest of the flight is canceled - get off the plane!
:eek:
Original rebooking was for a flight to Portland on Friday, nope that can't happen. Finally opted for a 10:30 pm flight to Boston. Booked a car rental to drive to the Portland Jetport, picked up our car and arrived home around 11 am. All told I was awake for the better part of 30 hours.
Holy crap. What airline were you flying?
Other than that, it was a great trip. Cruise was great and Disney is always a great time.
Good to hear that the rest of the vacay was good.

Ugh. Well, I hear a couple of the shops down there sell t-shirts. Or maybe wait till it rains and just get one of those ponchos.

Other than that, it was a great trip. Cruise was great and Disney is always a great time. The crowds on Sunday and Monday were Genie+ is really up increasing the the standby wait times.
Yikes, that's not cool. Flying has really become a nightmare lately.

1678930960305.png
Wait, Andy's pregnant??

30 more minutes at work.

3 1/2 hours until I'm behind the wheel and we're heading south.

And I just found out there are soft openings for Tron next week. May the luck of the Irish fall in my favor to grab one of those ILL's or a Boarding Group next week.

Happy St. Patricks Day gents. Drink a green beer for me because I'm gonna be driving! :car::drive:

Morning, Fellas!

Hope all are well on this Sunday morning. Quiet day today as the Wife is off at her church gigs and the DD is still asleep. Just taking it easy today. Have a good day, guys.

TTFN

Sorry to hear about the problems you're having with your heart, prayers for hoping things are all right. I can, however, totally relate when it comes to trying to fit into old t-shirts. Trying to fit into some of my old t-shirts is like overstuffing burrito. I feel like I'm going to burst out of the seams.

Evening Guys,

I read this on the FB page, and that's just wrong. I hope you're going to get a reimbursement/credit for the trouble you went through.

Good to hear you had a good time. I worry about standby line wait times because I really don't want to have to pay for Genie+, so I've been watching videos of people doing the Magic Kingdom without using Genie+, Ear Scouts is the one I like and he did a really good job of it. I guess it comes down to Early Magic Hours, rope drop plus keeping an eye on the wait times Disney app. Can I do it? Who knows, but I'll have fun trying. The guy on Ear Scouts said that Peter Pan's Flight done early, be it during the Early Magic Hours or right after rope drop, is a must as the standby wait times bloom during the day because of Lightening Land.

There are a few offices around here that have kegs.

I'd like to work in one of those offices.

After all those sweets I'll need a pair like that.

30 more minutes at work.

3 1/2 hours until I'm behind the wheel and we're heading south.

And I just found out there are soft openings for Tron next week. May the luck of the Irish fall in my favor to grab one of those ILL's or a Boarding Group next week.

Happy St. Patricks Day gents. Drink a green beer for me because I'm gonna be driving! :car::drive:

Have fun heading south.

Happy Saturday all.

Been feeling at bit under the weather since getting back so I see a quiet weekend in my future.

Hope you feel better.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter