DDC XXXIV: The Original Home Of The DISDads!!!

Morning, Fellas! Made it to the weekend and, well, trying to figure out what needs to get done first....or ignore. :teeth: I wanted to ask everyone if you felt the disturbance in the force this week? (dramatic pause for effect) The Mrs. gave me the go ahead to book the trip to da World for June of next year. While I can't officially start the countdown, I can unofficially start the countdown...which makes it about 216 days until we leave. I'm going to book a package and stay at the Pop Century resort. Really looking forward to this.

Afternoon chaps from a soggy London.

:wave:

Its never an excuse, its always a solid reason.
Language matters.
Especially when the Lady K is givin' me the Ol' stink eye.

:laughing:

:mic: is this thing on? Bueller? Hello? Holy @!!#$ I can't believe I remembered how to login here.

:wave: Welcome back. Stick around a while.

Hi @Cinderella's Fella ! Thanks for the Welcome.....again..... :D I had to at least come back and update my "signature" it had been 3 years....had to change the age of my daughters... and add-on to my trip count! :dancer:

That's important stuff.

wanted to ask everyone if you felt the disturbance in the force this week? (dramatic pause for effect) The Mrs. gave me the go ahead to book the trip to da World for June
So that’s what that was.
IT IS OFFICIAL!!!!!!! I have placed a $200 deposit on a trip to Disney world. 216 Days to go!!! Woohoo!!! :dancer::dancer::jumping1::jumping2::jumping3:party::dance3::Pinkbounc:banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::bounce::jumping1::jumping1::jumping1::jumping1::jumping2::dancer::dancer::dancer::dancer::dancer::dancer:party:party:party:party:

Is that too much?
You don’t seem overly excited about it.

Congrats. :)

Morning, Fellas! As you can see from my previous post, the Mrs. finally gave the go ahead to put down a deposit on a Disney World package. FINALLY!!! I booked at Pop Century and chose not to get preferred room. The map I see online doesn't show it to be too spread out, so it doesn't look like I'll be walking forever to get to the main building. So now I no longer have to plan in secret; I can plan the trip in the open. :teeth::teeth:

Congratulations 🎉🎊🍾🎈

Thanks! I'm so excited. I'm currently watching videos on the Tube of You on transportation from MCO, something I don't need to do this early, but I'm having fun with it.

So that’s what that was.

Oh so you did feel it? Yeah that's what that was. It was quite strong when at the epicenter, but I was able to weather the powerful force.

You don’t seem overly excited about it.

Congrats. :)

Yeah I really do need to get more excited about it. I'm just not feeling it.

Last edited:
I booked at Pop Century and chose not to get preferred room. The map I see online doesn't show it to be too spread out, so it doesn't look like I'll be walking forever to get to the main building.
Generally I agree that nothing is "too" far from the main building with just a few outlier sections. That said, the 50's and 90's areas are quite a long way from the Skyway station out on the bridge over Hourglass Lake (and the 80's aren't much better in that respect). We've stayed at POP four times and only once in a preferred room (that time in the 60's and the rest were in the 80's, 50's and 70's). Our experience has led us to decide that given the current configuration of the resort and its transportation, we will always request nonpreferred the 70's going forward and here's our reasoning:

The 80s and 90s are the farthest way from any of the various amenities so we now ignore them right off the bat.

The 60's are all preferred, so by default they're out of the running. We spend most of our "On World" time in the parks over at the resorts and would rather not pay the extra for a preferred room given that ratio. Otherwise the 60's would just as obviously be the best spot.

Two of the buildings in the 50's are as close to the main building as the 60's but parts of those two are also considered preferred so you'll be in the farther ends of them. That's actually not so bad but the 50s also include a third building that is even farther out so you'd have about a 2-in-5 chance of ending up way out there if you request nonpreferred in that section. Additionally, while close-ish to Classic Hall, this section is farther from the dining area side of it which is the main reason for heading over there. They're also farther from the bus stops and and as I said earlier, they're long-and-gone from the Skyway station.

In the 70's there are only two buildings and both are as close to the dinning hall as the 60's and parts parts the 50's. Again, some of this area is preferred, but without that third building your chances of being rather close to Classic Hall are still much better. They're also closer to the dinning side of the building and the bus area then any of the 50's and half the 60's. The 70s are also the second closest to the Skyway station

Now, the70's don't include a pool, but are fairly close to both the Hippy Dippy and the Computer pools and you're certainly allowed to use either of them. That lack of a pool however can also work to your advantage in that fewer folks request this section for just that reason. This farther raises you chances of getting your request to be here approved.

Back in September we requested both to be in the 70's and to be on the first floor (we're getting too old for stairs, ya' know). Net result... We got both requests granted and ended up only three doors away from the preferred rooms. Not too shabby if you ask me.

Morning, Fellas!

Generally I agree that nothing is "too" far from the main building with just a few outlier sections. That said, the 50's and 90's areas are quite a long way from the Skyway station out on the bridge over Hourglass Lake (and the 80's aren't much better in that respect). We've stayed at POP four times and only once in a preferred room (that time in the 60's and the rest were in the 80's, 50's and 70's). Our experience has led us to decide that given the current configuration of the resort and its transportation, we will always request nonpreferred the 70's going forward and here's our reasoning:

The 80s and 90s are the farthest way from any of the various amenities so we now ignore them right off the bat.

The 60's are all preferred, so by default they're out of the running. We spend most of our "On World" time in the parks over at the resorts and would rather not pay the extra for a preferred room given that ratio. Otherwise the 60's would just as obviously be the best spot.

Two of the buildings in the 50's are as close to the main building as the 60's but parts of those two are also considered preferred so you'll be in the farther ends of them. That's actually not so bad but the 50s also include a third building that is even farther out so you'd have about a 2-in-5 chance of ending up way out there if you request nonpreferred in that section. Additionally, while close-ish to Classic Hall, this section is farther from the dining area side of it which is the main reason for heading over there. They're also farther from the bus stops and and as I said earlier, they're long-and-gone from the Skyway station.

In the 70's there are only two buildings and both are as close to the dinning hall as the 60's and parts parts the 50's. Again, some of this area is preferred, but without that third building your chances of being rather close to Classic Hall are still much better. They're also closer to the dinning side of the building and the bus area then any of the 50's and half the 60's. The 70s are also the second closest to the Skyway station

Now, the70's don't include a pool, but are fairly close to both the Hippy Dippy and the Computer pools and you're certainly allowed to use either of them. That lack of a pool however can also work to your advantage in that fewer folks request this section for just that reason. This farther raises you chances of getting your request to be here approved.

Back in September we requested both to be in the 70's and to be on the first floor (we're getting too old for stairs, ya' know). Net result... We got both requests granted and ended up only three doors away from the preferred rooms. Not too shabby if you ask me.

Thanks for the info. I've put in a request for nonpreferred 70's building.

Well done, Stats!

The Mrs. gave me the go ahead to book the trip to da World for June of next year. While I can't officially start the countdown, I can unofficially start the countdown...which makes it about 216 days until we leave. I'm going to book a package and stay at the Pop Century resort. Really looking forward to this.
Congratulations! Enjoy the planning, the anticipation is half the fun!

Morning, Fellas! As you can see from my previous post, the Mrs. finally gave the go ahead to put down a deposit on a Disney World package. FINALLY!!! I booked at Pop Century and chose not to get preferred room. The map I see online doesn't show it to be too spread out, so it doesn't look like I'll be walking forever to get to the main building. So now I no longer have to plan in secret; I can plan the trip in the open. :teeth::teeth:

Thanks! I'm so excited. I'm currently watching videos on the Tube of You on transportation from MCO, something I don't need to do this early, but I'm having fun with it.

Oh so you did feel it? Yeah that's what that was. It was quite strong when at the epicenter, but I was able to weather the powerful force.

Yeah I really do need to get more excited about it. I'm just not feeling it.

Congrats on the trip. Pop is our favourite value resort. Nothing is really far away, stayed in the 50s 3 times and once in the 70s. If you are in the 50s, you want a lake view room.

You go on ahead and take the break.
Do believe you've earned it.

Who?... Me?!?

View attachment 715861

(like I need much in the way of an excuse)
Quite the Buffalo Trace fan I see. I love ER. If I could find it easily enough it’d be my daily drinker. BT and Blanton’s are good, but Blanton’s is just hyped up for the bottle. I’ve seen the other two but never tried either. If you can find a bottle of Blue Note 9 year I highly recommend it.

Morning, Fellas! Hope all are well. Not sure if I mentioned this a while back, but my family auditioned for a local production of The Sound of Music and we all got in. Well, rehearsals are going well and we open on Nov. 22nd. I'm looking forward to it. My character, an admiral, doesn't show up until almost the end of the show, so I'll have plenty of time to do some studying before I have to be on stage. I'll tell you one thing, though, the little girl playing Gretl, the youngest of the von Trapp kids, is going to steal the show. I can hear it now, a collective "Aaaahhhh" from the audience. It'll be like no one else exists on stage.

Congratulations! Enjoy the planning, the anticipation is half the fun!

I love planning vacations. And yes, the anticipation is half the fun. I've started preparing for the long days of walking by cutting back on what I eat so I can lose some weight before I go.

Congrats on the trip. Pop is our favourite value resort. Nothing is really far away, stayed in the 50s 3 times and once in the 70s. If you are in the 50s, you want a lake view room.

I'm looking forward to it. I'll keep the lake view room in mind if I get the 50's.

Quite the Buffalo Trace fan I see. I love ER. If I could find it easily enough it’d be my daily drinker. BT and Blanton’s are good, but Blanton’s is just hyped up for the bottle. I’ve seen the other two but never tried either. If you can find a bottle of Blue Note 9 year I highly recommend it.
:welcome:WELCOME TO THE DISDAD'S CLUB David! :welcome:

You have been added to The Official DISDad Members List on Page 1, Posts 8 & 9!:thumbsup2

Your Official Member Number is #881!

To see where else you can find the DISDads on the internet, please check out Post 3 on Page One!

If you would like anything added to Page One about yourself, please send me a PM. FYI, I do not add anything to page one about you without your permission.

:welcome:WELCOME TO THE DISDAD'S CLUB David! :welcome:

You have been added to The Official DISDad Members List on Page 1, Posts 8 & 9!:thumbsup2

Your Official Member Number is #881!

To see where else you can find the DISDads on the internet, please check out Post 3 on Page One!

If you would like anything added to Page One about yourself, please send me a PM. FYI, I do not add anything to page one about you without your permission.
I was added back in December 2021. Don’t know what all my number was

Morning, Fellas! Hope all are well. Not sure if I mentioned this a while back, but my family auditioned for a local production of The Sound of Music and we all got in. Well, rehearsals are going well and we open on Nov. 22nd. I'm looking forward to it. My character, an admiral, doesn't show up until almost the end of the show, so I'll have plenty of time to do some studying before I have to be on stage. I'll tell you one thing, though, the little girl playing Gretl, the youngest of the von Trapp kids, is going to steal the show. I can hear it now, a collective "Aaaahhhh" from the audience. It'll be like no one else exists on stage.
I do remember that. Hope y'all have fun with it.

Look Randall! Bourbon talk everywhere!!

1667912096612.gif
I met up with Randall a couple weeks ago for dinner and he added me to your Group Me thread. After a few days I told him he should have warned me that I was now going to get 5,000 messages a day about bourbon.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter