DDA Chapter 9

Status
Not open for further replies.
Amy
what kind of stroller do you have? We have a sit and stand but the seat for Virginia does not lay down very far. Do you have any stroller fans? Deb sent me the ones she had but they don't feel like they put much air out. Especially if I use the extra sun shade.

I know that Kristine has done the Sunset Safari at AKL. Has anyone here done it in the winter? Sunset comes mighty early in December!

Amy
what kind of stroller do you have? We have a sit and stand but the seat for Virginia does not lay down very far. Do you have any stroller fans? Deb sent me the ones she had but they don't feel like they put much air out. Especially if I use the extra sun shade.

For our last two Disney trips, we have rented the double jogger from A Baby's Best Friend. It's a really smooth ride, and both kiddos napped in it with ease. I'm not sure what we'll do for our next trip with three kiddos.

We don't have any stroller fans, since our last two trips were February and December 2007. In February, it was so cold we had to break out our hats and gloves! I hope that is not the case for January 2009! :)

Hi everyone! Sorry I haven't been on yesterday.

Tom - Glad to hear things are looking up for your mother. I'll continue to keep her in my prayers.

Bernadette - HOORAY FOR NEGATIVE BIOPSY!!! I know that this was really worrying you! Now you can relax, enjoy your new "toy" and anticipate your trip!

Elizabeth - I'm glad that your mom is still feeling ok. Hopefully, she'll be one of the lucky ones who don't get any nausea from the chemo, just the hairloss and exhaustion.

Jennifer (bear) - sorry to hear about Virginia! I hope that it doesn't come back!

Jen - Welcome home! I can't wait to see the pictures and hear all about it.

Jennifer - I can totally sympathize with your MIL woes! I have the same problem! Alan wants to be the good son, but it's getting harder and harder as he's so tired of having to "be there" for his mom. I hope you can get through this! Know that I'm thinking about you!

Elin - Hooray for planning your December trip! You guys are going to have so much fun! Good luck to Kristin on her interview on Monday!

Theresa - I'm keeping my fingers crossed for your interview.

Beth - Glad to hear that the doctor is going to be on top of things! Sounds like your trip is off to a fine start! Can't wait for more updates.

Amy - Take it easy woman! You just had a baby! You're allowed to take breaks, you know!

So the last couple of days have been really odd for me. I went to Costco yesterday and as I was walking around, I got really hot and dizzy. Sweat was just pouring off me. I must have looked ghastly because several people stopped me to ask if I was ok. I somehow got to my car and drove home. It's amazing that I made it! By the time I got home, the world was spinning, and I had trouble making it to the front door. I literally collapsed into bed and didn't wake up until about 3:00 in the afternoon. It was so odd! I was fine after that.

Then, this morning, the kids asked me to make chocolate chip pancakes, and the same thing happened again. We've had the hottest days of the summer here the last few days, so I'm hoping that the heat, along with not drinking enough water has me dizzy. Alan has put me on "bedrest" I'm not allowed up at all today. We are supposed to go to dinner and a play tonight, so we'll see how it goes.

So the last couple of days have been really odd for me. I went to Costco yesterday and as I was walking around, I got really hot and dizzy. Sweat was just pouring off me. I must have looked ghastly because several people stopped me to ask if I was ok. I somehow got to my car and drove home. It's amazing that I made it! By the time I got home, the world was spinning, and I had trouble making it to the front door. I literally collapsed into bed and didn't wake up until about 3:00 in the afternoon. It was so odd! I was fine after that.

Then, this morning, the kids asked me to make chocolate chip pancakes, and the same thing happened again. We've had the hottest days of the summer here the last few days, so I'm hoping that the heat, along with not drinking enough water has me dizzy. Alan has put me on "bedrest" I'm not allowed up at all today. We are supposed to go to dinner and a play tonight, so we'll see how it goes.

Sounds like you need to take it easy, Miss Glynis! Are you planning to contact your doctor? :hug:

Sounds like you need to take it easy, Miss Glynis! Are you planning to contact your doctor? :hug:

Yes. I put in a call to her service. Hopefully, I'll hear something. If not, I have an appointment with her on Friday after the ultrasound.

Yes. I put in a call to her service. Hopefully, I'll hear something. If not, I have an appointment with her on Friday after the ultrasound.

Meanwhile, take Alan up on his offer for you to take it easy. :goodvibes

Good for Alan! Please get plenty of rest (and water!)! :hug:

Welcome back! I can't wait to hear about your trip and see pictures. I'm impressed at all you've done today! :goodvibes

Welcome home, Jen!

And where is this MIL's son?

Hmm. At least he is TRYING to find a balance. Good luck! :wizard:

January hours are out, and Fantasmic is only scheduled for 2 nights the week we are there! No P&P parties scheduled in January either. :(

Hmm. I didn't realize you guys were going in January! Need any planning help? ;)

Glynis, that sounds scary! :hug:

Anne Marie - LOVE the shirts! :thumbsup2

We went and loaded some more on the Disney gift card, then we did the grocery shopping. All I need to do for "trip money" is get some travelers checks and maybe hit the ATM one more time for another $30 or so in cash.

I have Princess this evening so we are taking her to dinner. She LOVES that!

Tomorrow we are getting the suitcases out! :banana:

Elin...I went and looked back at the info from AKL IPO...this event is at an early time...I don't think in matters when true sunset is...

Dumela Kristine,

Wanyama Safari is an approximately 1 and a half hour safari experience at Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge where a guest will experience a re-creation of a true African afternoon game drive. An opportunity to spend time with members from the Lodge animal programs team in a very personal environment. Learning about the natural history and management of the animal collection at Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge. Incredible photo opportunities of the animals and architecture of Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge that can only be experienced from our savannas . Your safari will conclude with a true African dining experience at JIKO, just like the lodges in Africa where a multi-course meal will await you which may include a wine pairing. You will be meet at the Jiko Podium at 3:45 p.m. where you will be met by our animal Programs team. Safaris are offered on Monday, Friday and Saturday. Guests must be 8 years of age or older. The price for the experience is $160 per Concierge guests 10 and up, $210 for non-Concierge guests 10 and up and Half price for guest 8 and 9. Tax and gratuity included as well as a small contribution to the Disney Conservation Fund. 48 hour cancellation policy does apply so a credit card is required at time of booking. Admission is limited to 12 Guests and can be reserved 180 days in advance of arrival. Buy out safaris are offered with sufficient notice subject to there being no prior bookings for that date for a $2000 minimum price. There is no age restriction on buy out safaris as it is your exclusive event.
Both safaris are subject to minimum booking requirements. Other days may be available for booking. Ask your itinerary planner for details. All charges are posted as a room charge. No meal packages can be used to pay for this event.

I know that Kristine has done the Sunset Safari at AKL. Has anyone here done it in the winter? Sunset comes mighty early in December!

All the pictures are uploaded and captioned! I have almost 400! Ill post a few up here, but if anyone wants to see them all, i can email you the snapfish page.

Now i can really be a bum!

All the pictures are uploaded and captioned! I have almost 400! Ill post a few up here, but if anyone wants to see them all, i can email you the snapfish page.

Now i can really be a bum!

Enjoy your "bum time" and I cannot wait to see your photos!

Here are a few pictures for you guys...
IMG_0741.jpg

IMG_0774.jpg

IMG_1044.jpg

IMG_1081.jpg

IMG_1150.jpg

IMG_1181.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter