DDA Chapter 8

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am tired, so goodnight all!

Jen have a wonderful cruise!

Hi all. The recital went well. Long night, and then we stopped at Cold Stone on the way home to celebrate. Alyssa was so proud of herself. Especially the fact that she got 2 bouquets of flowers, one from me and one from her dad.

I'll catch up tomorrow night sometime.

Jen - have a wonderful time!!!!!

Elizabeth I hope you wake up tomorrow snit free :teeth: :goodvibes

Thank you! Although with my alarm set for 5 AM I kind of think I will be in a snit regardless!:rotfl2:

Hi all. The recital went well. Long night, and then we stopped at Cold Stone on the way home to celebrate. Alyssa was so proud of herself. Especially the fact that she got 2 bouquets of flowers, one from me and one from her dad.

I'll catch up tomorrow night sometime.

Jen - have a wonderful time!!!!!

Yay for Alyssa!! :cool1:

I guess I should try to get some sleep. Or print out some directions to the airport parking lot. Or something.

Jen - Have a fabulous time!! :dance3:

All of you leaving on trips. Have a fabulous time.

I havnet left yet ! Thanks to everyone for the well wishes! I am officially on vacation as im home from work! Just did some last minute packing, and am now going to bake soem cookies for our cruise staff friends.
Ill be on and off here all night im sure--we are leaving at 4am!!

Bon Voyage Jen!!!!! I can't express how much I wish for you to have a trip of a lifetime. Enjoy!! Relax!!! Have fun.

You are going on one of my my dream trips..... :boat: (Alaska and the Greek Isles) :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

Bon Voyage Jen!!!!! I can't express how much I wish for you to have a trip of a lifetime. Enjoy!! Relax!!! Have fun.

You are going on one of my my dream trips..... :boat: (Alaska and the Greek Isles) :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

Thanks! I know its going to be bittersweet, but im SO ready!

and with that, i am going to get ready to pick up my brother--then sleep for a couple of hours maybe--if ni cant sleep, i may be back!

have a great week all!

I haven't packed a thing. I don't want to go away this weekend. I had my toes done (but they don't have palm trees like Debbie's), I bought more stamps, I mailed the bills, I went to the mall and bought myself some shoes. But I still don't want to pack and I still don't want to go away this weekend. :sad2:
I have pretty much convinced myself that our August trip is going to suck. (Excuse me while I indulge in a pity party.) I have read many reports lately of filthy rooms, rooms with no A/C for multiple nights, CMs who don't give a rat's butt, and general disdain for DVCers at AKL. :guilty: We LOVE AKL, and it is our home resort! But apparently they aren't handling the DVC section very well. The bus situation seems to have tanked property wide so pretty much everybody is waiting 45 minutes to an hour for a bus. I still don't want to rent a car. I tried looking for one and it fried my brain. SSR just seems to have bus issues, but since I have never stayed there I am nervous about whether or not we will like it there. If we don't like it that's going to be a very bad thing, because if no bus ever comes to take us to the parks we could be stuck at SSR for 6 solid days! I am just feeling out of sorts today and I am having a bit of a temper tantrum.

Back to your regularly scheduled DDA broadcast.
:grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug:

All I can add to this Elizabeth is... if I allowed the naysayers on the DVC board to effect how my trip was, I would have had 3 bad trips. Between the "moldy" talk for OKW, the bus issues at SSR and the total unavailablity of BCV for F&W, I should have just stayed home. But I didn't let them get me down and I had a great room at SSR, no bus troubles. I was able to get a spotless GV at OKW at 7 months for Sun-Friday. I was able to get BCV during F&W with an EPCOT view no less.

Your mileage may vary. :banana: I didn't have a DTD view at SSR and my heart sank right there at the desk. I was so upset, I just knew I would hate it. Waa, waa, waa. I allowed it to bother me the entire time I was riding to my room. Grump, grump, grump. And then I got off the elevator and had to walk all the way to the end of the hallway. OMG, this was going to suck. And opened the door and fell in love.:love: :love:

But nothing prepared me for OKW. My sister and I walked into the one bedroom and it took our breath away. That villa was bigger than her apartment.:love: :love: :hippie: Right near the bus stop. We didn't wait for a bus for more than 20 minutes. Most times it was 10.

Hang in there Elizabeth. :hug:

:banana: :woohoo:
I was there at lunch. I bought red/white/blue socks. I did see a headband but wanted to make Lizzy the pony tail holder and Emma barrettes. I didn't see those in the dollar section of the Target I was at today.
Bernadette, the skirt is adorable. She will love it.

I'm feeling a bit better, but not 100%. I got the boys to their game and THEY WON!!! Both boys played well and Hunter came so close to making a goal. The coach says that he's going to call him one inch until he makes his first goal. :rotfl: Since he is the smallest on the team all of the parents on the sidelines are praying for him to score. When he got close and made the shot they were all on their feet and when it hit the top crossbar the was a huge Owwww. He's pretty excited that he has his own fan club.

We are now sitting down as a family and watching National Treasure 2. It's a pretty good movie so far.
:woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

It's been a long time since I've been up this late, but I think I have everything done with the exception of the last minute things that we will use before packing them in the morning.

DH thinks I'm nuts to insist that the house get a good cleaning before going on a trip. I want to come home to a nice clean house with fresh sheets, and I don't want any laundry waiting, that way I can empty the suitcases in the laundry room and start on it right away.

Elizabeth - :hug: Sorry you're having such a tough time with the Mom issues.

I'm going to try and get some sleep now, I'll probably check in before we head out tomorrow, I'm not going to take the laptop, we already have enough to carry.

The ibuprophen has worn off so now my back is aching. Aren't viruses fun :sad2: I took Tylenol PM a few minutes ago so I will hopefully be sleepy soon.

We're watching Karate Kid now. Boy the 80s had such wonderful styles :eek:
Feel better Deb.:lovestruc

It's been a long time since I've been up this late, but I think I have everything done with the exception of the last minute things that we will use before packing them in the morning.

DH thinks I'm nuts to insist that the house get a good cleaning before going on a trip. I want to come home to a nice clean house with fresh sheets, and I don't want any laundry waiting, that way I can empty the suitcases in the laundry room and start on it right away.

Elizabeth - :hug: Sorry you're having such a tough time with the Mom issues.

I'm going to try and get some sleep now, I'll probably check in before we head out tomorrow, I'm not going to take the laptop, we already have enough to carry.
Bon Voyage Debbie!!! :boat: What a wonderful trip you have planned. ENJOY!!!!!:dance3: :woohoo: :cheer2:

Hi all! I'm so behind again, and tired, that I just skipped ahead. I caught a couple of the big things that I missed. Someone please let me know if I missed anything else.

Jennifer - I hope you made it through the night smoothly. Loads of :wizard: and :grouphug: that things progress well this week.

Janet - Wow! He has gotten huge! Did he grow a foot this year?

Bernadette - Great skirt!

Debbie - Have a wonderful trip!!!

Jen - Enjoy your cruise!

Glynis - Oh, I am so sorry. What a mess your MIL is causing. I hope that Alan is handling it okay.

Denise - Happy Summer Vacation! I wish your last few minutes of work had gone better, but enjoy the break!

Deb - Congrats to the boys on their win!! :banana:

Elizabeth - All I've got to offer is a whole bunch of :grouphug: with a heart dose of pixiedust: and a few :hippie: to send you their calmness and if I could I'd throw in a few loads of :laundy: to lend a hand. Hope things improve for you soon. :upsidedow

Well, I finished the notes for our friend's trip tonight as they leave in the morning. Just had to finish getting the papers together and the little book made for them. (Schedules and touring plans in a little Pooh 4x6 album to carry along.) Now it's on to mine! Unfortunately, I've got to do some big rethinking. If Phil is still at this job (or probably anything else) that does holiday related business, he's blacked out for our Dec dates. I'll need to back up to pre-Thanksgiving or push to Jan. I've got the Sept dates booked for free dining, but still need to price it out. If we got pre-Nov I've got to decide whether to go close to Thanksgiving to catch some Christmas stuff or back up to early Nov for Food and Wine Festival. Either way I'll miss Candlelight unless we straddle Thanksgiving and catch the first showings. Argh! Don't they know I had this all figured out. Plus, early Nov is already under 180 days so I'd need to figure a schedule soon. Luckily TGM isn't quite to Nov yet so I don't feel quite so behind.

Anyone have any thoughts? Would you got late Oct/early Nov, just before (maybe through) Thanksgiving, or early/mid Jan? hmmm...What to do, what to do.

And now I just realized I'm pushing 1am and have to get up to take Phil at 5:30. Yikes! Guess I'd better get to bed and I'm sure as heck napping after I take hime! ;)

Well, I finished the notes for our friend's trip tonight as they leave in the morning. Just had to finish getting the papers together and the little book made for them. (Schedules and touring plans in a little Pooh 4x6 album to carry along.) Now it's on to mine! Unfortunately, I've got to do some big rethinking. If Phil is still at this job (or probably anything else) that does holiday related business, he's blacked out for our Dec dates. I'll need to back up to pre-Thanksgiving or push to Jan. I've got the Sept dates booked for free dining, but still need to price it out. If we got pre-Nov I've got to decide whether to go close to Thanksgiving to catch some Christmas stuff or back up to early Nov for Food and Wine Festival. Either way I'll miss Candlelight unless we straddle Thanksgiving and catch the first showings. Argh! Don't they know I had this all figured out. Plus, early Nov is already under 180 days so I'd need to figure a schedule soon. Luckily TGM isn't quite to Nov yet so I don't feel quite so behind.

Anyone have any thoughts? Would you got late Oct/early Nov, just before (maybe through) Thanksgiving, or early/mid Jan? hmmm...What to do, what to do.

And now I just realized I'm pushing 1am and have to get up to take Phil at 5:30. Yikes! Guess I'd better get to bed and I'm sure as heck napping after I take hime! ;)

We'll be there the second week in November, we've had good luck with that week the past two years. I also work in retail where the holidays are blacked out, it's the last week we can take until after the first of the year. I made our ADR's last week and Le Cellier was already completely booked for dinner for the whole week.

Well, I've already snapped at her two or three times. :rolleyes: The hostess in me is mortified, but the rest of me doesn't care and is ready for them to go home.

:hug: and I had better send a few more because I fear it is not going to get better.... :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter