DDA chapter 21

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good evening all. We are home at last. Ended up going to a folk festival with just about everyone. It was neat as the historic homes at the park were open during the festival. It was chilly though and I was wishing we'd brought jackets. We just now got home from dinner to celebrate Mother's Day, my birthday and Kristi's graduation. The pub we went to had amazingly good burgers, though Kristi's was even better than mine. Mine was a little overcooked and Kristi's was almost perfect, but I did have to admit that had I had her burger my stomach would not have been happy as I know that's a trigger.

Tomorrow I can (hopefully) sleep in a little and then it's time for graduation. After that, we're BBQing and just hanging out, followed by a sleepover, the zoo on Monday and who knows what else. For now though, I am beat. It is bedtime, I think. Or at least it will be after a little more cake. ;) Night all!

Good Morning,

Today is my last day off before we leave Friday afternoon, so if you see me on here too much send me on my way.

There's house cleaning, laundry, and packing to do. I also need to make another shopping list. I really want to get a hair cut and color, and the grandchildren are coming over this afternoon, days off are way too short.

I'm a purest, I hate when they do remakes and I have never seen any of the other shows but the original.

If you are/were a fan back in the day, I can't imagine you wouldn't like it!

I'm a purest, I hate when they do remakes and I have never seen any of the other shows but the original.

Phil said that it was the best movie he ever hated. He is a total devotee of the original episodes. He likes the original movies too. However, he's avoided all of the Next Generations, etc. He thought that the movie was a great movie, and a really good action flick, but that it wasn't Star Trek. Or not his Star Trek anyway. The exact why's, I couldn't tell you, but I do know he was bothered even before he went by one of the main characters being in the Academy in this movie and it not fitting with the original. Definitely a purist speaking, I'll admit. (Now I haven't seen it so I have no opinion either way.)

ETA: All that said, he's the first person I've heard say they didn't like it. But then, I didn't think he would. Star Trek was like a religion to him when it first aired so anything coming close to that after 20 years of growing up, etc isn't going to happen, I don't think.

Good morning, DDA! I am completely not happy being up already. But watcha gonna do? It's a very cool morning here this morning, not sure what the day has in store for graduation and our bbq, but hopefully it is decent weather.

Coffee's ready! Gotta go get it. (I may be up, but I'm still sleepy - and that is what I don't understand in the least. I have a good 2+ more hours that I could sleep, yet here I am awake.)

good-morning-all-mouse-ag1.gif

We're off to open my parent's pool

Good morning. :)

I give Angels and Demons :thumbsup2 :thumbsup2 .

Thanks for checking in, Kristine.

Beaches & Cream................mmmmmmmmmmmm.

Good morning DDA!!!

Where, oh, where is Mr. Sun. I am so tired of these gray and dreary days.

Eric went camping and canoeing this weekend. I have no clue when he'll be home today. They are somewhere in Virginia.

The girls spent the night various places Friday night. I spent Friday evening reading and then the morning cleaning Mo & Lu's room. I got 2 of them back yesterday and Em back this morning. My cousin came over last night and hung out and chatted.

The girls and I are headed out to run a few errands. I need a new pair of cross trainers and we need coffee and dish washer soap. Not too exciting but at least we'll be out of the house for a bit.

Enjoy your Sunday, everyone!!!

YOUR MORNING FUNNY

HOW MEN AND WOMEN SHOWER DIFFERENTLY . . .

How To Shower Like a Woman
Take off clothing and place it in sectioned laundry hamper according to lights and darks. Walk to bathroom wearing long dressing gown. If you see husband along the way, cover up any exposed areas. Look at your womanly physique in the mirror - make mental note to do more sit-ups/leg-lifts, etc. Get in the shower. Use face cloth, arm cloth, leg cloth, long loofah, wide loofah and pumice stone. Wash your hair once with cucumber and sage shampoo with 43 added vitamins. Wash your hair again to make sure it's clean. Condition your hair with grapefruit mint conditioner. Wash your face with crushed apricot facial scrub for 10 minutes until red. Wash entire rest of body with ginger nut and jaffa cake body wash. Rinse conditioner off hair. Shave armpits and legs. Turn off shower. Squeegee off all wet surfaces in shower. Spray mold spots with Tilex. Get out of shower. Dry with towel the size of a small country. Wrap hair in super absorbent towel. Return to bedroom wearing long dressing gown and towel on head. If you see husband along the way, cover up any exposed areas.

How To Shower Like a Man
Take off clothes while sitting on the edge of the bed and leave them in a pile. Walk naked to the bathroom. If you see wife along the way, shake wiener at her making the 'woo-woo' sound. Look at your manly physique in the mirror. Admire the size of your wiener and scratch your butt. Get in the shower. Wash your face. Wash your armpits. Blow your nose in your hands and let the water rinse them off. Fart and laugh at how loud it sounds in the shower. Spend majority of time washing privates and surrounding area. Wash your butt, leaving those coarse butt hairs stuck on the soap. Wash your hair. Make a Shampoo Mohawk. Pee. Rinse off and get out of shower. Partially dry off. Fail to notice water on floor because curtain was hanging out of tub the whole time. Admire wiener size in mirror again. Leave shower curtain open, wet mat on floor, light and fan on. Return to bedroom with towel around waist. If you pass wife, pull off towel, shake wiener at her and make the 'woo-woo' sound again. Throw wet towel on bed.

Tammi - :rotfl2: I am not quite that bad (I have one shampoo, one facial foam, and regular soap), but obviously someone has been filming DH in the shower. :lmao:

Sooo...

I am nearing completion of the laundry. DS has 32 pairs of shorts. :rolleyes1 There are 4 more pairs in a Nordstrom bag that I think I will take back to Nordstrom. They were expensive, and it now appears that we do not NEED 4 more pairs of shorts. They will be on clearance by the end of July so I can buy them then if I think he needs them.

I also ran across a shirt I bought at Ross for myself that I think I will return. And I have a shirt from DS that needs to go back to Marshall's because it was too small. Good thing Ross and Marshall's are next door to each other.

Speaking of Marshall's, we found some "Life Is Good" T-shirts for DH. One was marked down to $5! The others were $10 and $13. Very nice quality, great for WDW. :)

I just want to know why when Hal blows his nose in the shower, the snot ends up on the shower wall!!! eeewwwwwww :lmao:

Kristin has watched only a few of the TV episodes before and still loved the movie. This is a prequel to everything, including the original TV stuff, so you would not have had to see anything at all to enjoy it.

Some of the things on the TV series came up (as precursors to the TV stuff since this all takes place before the time of the series) but you would not have to know what they were talking about to appreciate the humor or poignancy of it all.

Elizabeth - I am assuming the references to things that were on the TV series are what C "missed" but really didn't miss out on.

Good morning. :)

I give Angels and Demons :thumbsup2 :thumbsup2 .

Good! Because we are going to see it this afternoon. :goodvibes

I have a family who gives me Premiere Movie Packs for Christmas and End of the Year gifts and I hardly ever go to the movies (last one was the latest Indiana Jones flick and I went by myself and the one before that was HP). Anyway, my actor-daughter who hates movies really wanted to see Star Trek and Angels and Demons so I am striking while the iron is hot. We will go see HP and The Time Traveler's Wife this summer too. Then I think I will be out of tickets and we will have to pay for anything else we see. :rotfl:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter