DDA Chapter 16

Status
Not open for further replies.
Me too! :wave2:

So what gift are you most excited to see someone open?

For Katie - her DS. She's wanted it for a long time!

For Jacob - his ripstick. He has been examining the package, and can't imagine what it is.

For Leslie and Mary - their roller blades. They've been asking for them for months, and have had to share an old pair of Katie's, so they should be pretty excited!

Deb why doesn't your boss just close the dinner? I really don't think many people will be out. Extra :wizard: for your driving tonight, be careful.

Help I have stabing pain in my tusshy, right side and it is going down the leg and making my foot numb. How can I get rid of it? I am really having trouble sitting.

Sounds like your sciatic nerve. That happened to me when I was pregnant with Jacob. A warm bath always helped me. Good luck, I never found anything that actually got rid of the pain.

I am most excited for my one cousin (she is 4) her mom asked us to get her Disney Dollars so she can pick out what she wants when they go down in April.

Chanon, you raise a good question. I have no idea what I'm most excited about... I honestly can't even think of half the things I bought :rotfl:

I'll be honest, I'm not at all excited about opening the girls presents "with" (for) them.... they're so not at the right age for present excitement! Everything else will be fun, though! :)

But next year will be so much fun! They'll be at a cute age for unwrapping. They still won't "get" the magic of Christmas, but they'll be cute, anyway!

Well John is on his way home from work, wonder how long it will take? Usually its only 30 minutes.

Thanks Glynis, guess I will have to give the warm bath a try.

Thanks Glynis, guess I will have to give the warm bath a try.

Soak for a good long time! Take a book and enjoy some peace and quiet, away from the snow. I know that my sciatica always acted up worse when it was cold. I still get it sometimes, but it's not so bad nowadays. I don't know if it's because I do a lot of walking.

Ah walking, that is probably the problem. I have been slacking in my walking. :flower3:

Glynis I see by your ticker that the family is going to Disneyland in May. :)
Did you get in on the 4 for 3 deal?

Help I have stabing pain in my tusshy, right side and it is going down the leg and making my foot numb. How can I get rid of it? I am really having trouble sitting.
It's probably your siatic nerve. The problem with that is that it can hang around for a very long time. Those things tend to come and go. My mother has had issues for years. If it doesn't go away in a day or two you might want to get to a doctor to see what can be done. No point in suffering any more than you have to.

Apparently the roads are already horrible. My mother was supposed to watch the boys until 7 tonight, but she said her road is too icy for me to get them their without 4 wheel drive. I called work to see if anyone had cancelled and apparently only one party for 15 people had cancelled. Of course that only means that the rest will no show. They still think we will need 8 waitstaff :headache: which is ridiculous. Anyway, Chris brought the truck home (without being asked too :love: ) We did agree that we do not want the kids out on the roads in any event. My brother will be home tonight, so he agreed to watch the boys until Chris gets home. They can walk over and play guitar hero with him. Did I mention that my 35 year old brother is addicted to Guitar Hero? So now I just need to get myself safely to and from work and Chris just needs to make it home.

Glynis I see by your ticker that the family is going to Disneyland in May. :)
Did you get in on the 4 for 3 deal?

We're actually going June 1-5 to Disneyland. However, we're leaving our house in May, to drive down there. We'll take a couple of days to do that.

Nope. No deal like that for us. My dad is taking the whole family. He and mom started doing this 17 years ago. We weren't sure he'd want to go this year, as Disneyland was a very special place to he and my Mom. However, he wants us to go and celebrate mom's life, but enjoying her favorite place. It will be a bittersweet trip, but a fun one as well.

Last Christmas, my siblings and I gave mom and dad a brick in the plaza at Disneyland. It was installed in May, and dad drove mom down so they could see their brick. It was the last trip mom ever took. I'm so glad that we did that before she died. It was their favorite gift ever. So, we are all looking forward to seeing their brick and going on her favorite rides, and having her favorite snack (large, soft pretzel).

Deb sorry you still have to go to work, be careful! Glad to hear db is watching the boys till Chris gets home.

The firefighters left about an hour ago, they are back now. The building started smoking really bad again.

Chanon the smoke was coming directly at our house. It was really bad breathing, Riley & I were coughing & our throats felt raw. Once upstairs we covered our mouth & nose & it made it much easier to breath.

Apparently the roads are already horrible. My mother was supposed to watch the boys until 7 tonight, but she said her road is too icy for me to get them their without 4 wheel drive. I called work to see if anyone had cancelled and apparently only one party for 15 people had cancelled. Of course that only means that the rest will no show. They still think we will need 8 waitstaff :headache: which is ridiculous. Anyway, Chris brought the truck home (without being asked too :love: ) We did agree that we do not want the kids out on the roads in any event. My brother will be home tonight, so he agreed to watch the boys until Chris gets home. They can walk over and play guitar hero with him. Did I mention that my 35 year old brother is addicted to Guitar Hero? So now I just need to get myself safely to and from work and Chris just needs to make it home.

I'll keep my fingers crossed that you can make it to and from work safely!

Deb sorry you still have to go to work, be careful! Glad to hear db is watching the boys till Chris gets home.

The firefighters left about an hour ago, they are back now. The building started smoking really bad again.

Chanon the smoke was coming directly at our house. It was really bad breathing, Riley & I were coughing & our throats felt raw. Once upstairs we covered our mouth & nose & it made it much easier to breath.

What a frightening thing to deal with! I hope that you can get the smoke smell out of your house.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter