DDA Chapter 15

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone have a suggestion on a book on parenting a tween?:rolleyes1

I am not kidding, I need help. The way I was brought up does not seem to work during these times & since my mom did not raise me I have no guidance. Thanks.
Do you want to read it or hit her over the head with it? If it's the latter, I recommend War and Peace. Thick and heavy. ;)

Sorry Anne Marie, I haven't got to that point yet. Maybe your pediatrician could recommend something? :confused3 If you get one and it works, be sure to let the rest of us know. :thumbsup2

:wizard: :wizard:

Marci - I am sorry you are having economic problems at your job too. I agree with your assessment that just having a job at this point might be a blessing for many. :hug:

All of this is just heinous, as Kathrin said this morning. She called The Princeton Review back on Tuesday because they had not contacted her about the very promising job. They were extremely apologetic, but said they were so slammed at work that they had just not even had a chance to make a decision. They were to get back to her within a week now. She is hoping, as am I, that the decision goes in her favor. But her real fear at this point is that they will decide that they cannot afford a copywriter at all. :sad2:

She has been trying to apply for unemployment. It is a full time job on its own, apparently. The lines at the office in Boston were around the block and when she calls the number there is a message stating that there is over a 30 minute wait and to try back later. Then the call is disconnected. :eek: She has been calling for 4 days now and cannot get through. It is very sad and scary.

Marci - I am sorry you are having economic problems at your job too. I agree with your assessment that just having a job at this point might be a blessing for many. :hug:

All of this is just heinous, as Kathrin said this morning. She called The Princeton Review back on Tuesday because they had not contacted her about the very promising job. They were extremely apologetic, but said they were so slammed at work that they had just not even had a chance to make a decision. They were to get back to her within a week now. She is hoping, as am I, that the decision goes in her favor. But her real fear at this point is that they will decide that they cannot afford a copywriter at all. :sad2:

She has been trying to apply for unemployment. It is a full time job on its own, apparently. The lines at the office in Boston were around the block and when she calls the number there is a message stating that there is over a 30 minute wait and to try back later. Then the call is disconnected. :eek: She has been calling for 4 days now and cannot get through. It is very sad and scary.
Wow, that is horrible. I hope she gets that job. Or any job at this point. :wizard:

Lots of stuff going on at work -- some good, some not so good, as it looks like we'll be laying off at least one, maybe two people. (And we only have 10 full time staff.) It also looks like we might not have Christmas bonuses, and mine goes to help pay tuition for the boys' school, so I'll definitely miss it. Oh well -- I'm lucky that Randy and I both have jobs and we are healthy.

I hope all the people who are sick feel better ASAP. Have a good day everyone!
:wizard: that you get your bonus, and that people can keep their jobs.

If I can get my act together I need to get her name from you. When I was doing some teaching from our house we used to have a housekeeper. But when I stopped that and taught only in the studio I felt like it was no longer necessary. It was also pretty easy to let her go as she had gotten lax and things were not done very well. I am NOT a picky housekeeper, so it was not that she was not cleaning up to my expectations, but that she was really not cleaning much at all anymore! Coming home to dust on the top of the entertainment center and whole sections of the kitchen floor un-mopped just seemed like a waste of money. :sad2:

I honestly think that I would do better on a daily basis (as would Bob and Kristin!) if we had someone to answer to every week.
Let me know!

1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? Both, but mostly paper.

2. Real tree or Artificial? 3 artificial trees

3. When do you put up the tree? Usually Thanksgiving weekend, but I have to admit that the small snowflake one in the kitchen has been up for the last 11 months....:rolleyes1 It has had some hearts and shamrocks and American flags put on it to make it less ridiculous, but it goes basically unnoticed anymore! :rotfl:

4. When do you take the tree down? see above answer...

5. Do you like eggnog? Love it, but no the calories.

6. Favorite gift received as a child? a full set of Disneykins

7. Favorite person to buy for? everyone

8. Easiest person to buy for? my nephew

9. Do you have a nativity scene? yes

10. Mail or email Christmas cards? both

11. Best Christmas gift you ever received? Christmases at WDW

12. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? an iron from my husband :rolleyes:

13. Favorite Christmas Movie? Santa Claus: The Movie

14. When do you start shopping? whenever I find something just right

15. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? yes

16. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? anything sweet and my Mom's Chex mix recipe that we call Snax

17. Lights on the tree? White

18. Favorite Christmas song? Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas and Il est ne

19. Travel at Christmas or stay home? hmmmmmmmmmm ;)

20. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer? naturally!

21. Angel on the tree top or a star? One star, one angel, one Santa

22. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? Christmas morning now that the girls are older

23. Most annoying thing about this time of the year? that I have so many recitals that I get tired of Christmas music :(

24. Favorite ornament theme or color? Santas

25. Favorite for Christmas dinner? it varies, because we are at WDW

26. What do you want for Christmas this year? job stability for all I love

27. What does your family do at Christmas for fun? see the Osborne Lights

28. Do you go to church? no

Off to exchange slacks at Macy*s... I inadvertently picked up the short length when I bought them yesterday!!

And I'm off to school, then over to the mall.

I don't have a book, but I did it twice... let me know if I can help. :hug:
I Pm'd you , thanks!

Do you want to read it or hit her over the head with it? If it's the latter, I recommend War and Peace. Thick and heavy. ;)

Sorry Anne Marie, I haven't got to that point yet. Maybe your pediatrician could recommend something? :confused3 If you get one and it works, be sure to let the rest of us know. :thumbsup2

:wizard: :wizard:
:lmao: :rotfl: :rotfl2:

:wizard: :wizard: :wizard: for Kathrin. That is terrible.

Marci,
:hug: :wizard: for you & your job.

Anyone need a 20% Borders coupon? i can email to you if you do.

I went to Borders today & used the 20% off for Harry Potter & the Deathly Hallows for Daniel. He put that & 2 others on his list for Santa (39 clues #2 & adventures of ordinary boy) I have to make a list or lay out all the stuff I got to see if its even for the 3 of them.

Sophie asked for Bakagon & they had one in the Hallmark store but I can't see paying $40 for 6 metallic marbles & cards. Maybe she will change her mind on that one.

:hug: :hug:

I am not kidding, I need help. The way I was brought up does not seem to work during these times & since my mom did not raise me I have no guidance. Thanks.

It is hard. Sometimes I wanted to pull my hair out. I would go with my gut feeling if there was a question as to the type of punishment because of something they did. Otherwise, I would just tell them that I know they are having a tough time but they do not need to make it worse by being mean or angry to everyone else. I also said that believe it or not, I went thru rough times as a kid and I know what they are going thru even if they don't believe me. They now know the stuff I went thru because I felt they needed to know why I might be having a bad day and would just want to be left alone instead of lashing out to everyone. Sometimes it made it easier if they knew.

Hugs to you

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter