DDA Chapter 15

Status
Not open for further replies.
here's some pics of Jackie & Chris skiing. Jackie hated it!! Chris on the other hand ended up being a natural and spent the day with a ski instructor who had the day off. They did ALL the hills.

ski.jpg

ski2.jpg

ski3.jpg

Kirsten and and I did the "Grand Tea"....the Grand Floridian has nothing to worry about....there was WAAYYY better.

ski4.jpg

Jennifer that is a tragic story to say the least.....how amazingly sad!

There is an interesting thread on the CB.

The OP has a DD11. The DD has a classmate whose father was killed in a hunting accident. Apparently a bunch of the DD's classmates are going to the funeral home for the wake, but the OP doesn't want her DD to attend. Now the DD is mad. The OP said her DD does NOT know this boy well.

What do you guys think? If your child had a classmate whose parent was killed in an accident would you take your child to the wake, even if your child doesn't know the classmate very well?

When DH's best friend was killed the wake, the rosary, and the funeral were INTENSE. That's the nature of services associated with accidental death. I think it would almost be disrespectful to show up unless you knew the family REALLY well. I can't really explain it very well. I understand wanting to support the little guy who lost his dad, but a bunch of 11 year olds don't really belong at a wake if they aren't friends of the boy. Does that make sense?

If something horrible happened to DH the LAST thing I would want is a bunch of kids from DS's school showing up. (I am referring to kids DS is not friends with.) I guess I would feel like they were coming to gawk more than to pay their respects, or that they were showing up because it was the "in" thing to do. I don't know. The thread is kind of bothering me.

It was yummy. I'm afraid that it is all gone though.

What is a Kindle? I guess I don't have one

Oprah has some free Christmas song downloads on her website. They are only available for 48 hours though. we are getting ready to head off to the concert.

A Kindle is an electronic device that can download books, newspapers, magazines, etc. They are sold through Amazon. You can instantly download reading material anywhere there is wireless internet. Very cool!

I know this first hand:goodvibes It helps that I am similar so it was interesting on our weekend....neither of us could sit still for more than 10 minutes.

P.S. I found a local place that has Hires on tap....I am thrilled!!

Oh, very cool! I still need to remember to send y'all some fry sauce.

Yes, we are very definitely twins!

There is an interesting thread on the CB.

The OP has a DD11. The DD has a classmate whose father was killed in a hunting accident. Apparently a bunch of the DD's classmates are going to the funeral home for the wake, but the OP doesn't want her DD to attend. Now the DD is mad. The OP said her DD does NOT know this boy well.

What do you guys think? If your child had a classmate whose parent was killed in an accident would you take your child to the wake, even if your child doesn't know the classmate very well?

When DH's best friend was killed the wake, the rosary, and the funeral were INTENSE. That's the nature of services associated with accidental death. I think it would almost be disrespectful to show up unless you knew the family REALLY well. I can't really explain it very well. I understand wanting to support the little guy who lost his dad, but a bunch of 11 year olds don't really belong at a wake if they aren't friends of the boy. Does that make sense?

If something horrible happened to DH the LAST thing I would want is a bunch of kids from DS's school showing up. (I am referring to kids DS is not friends with.) I guess I would feel like they were coming to gawk more than to pay their respects, or that they were showing up because it was the "in" thing to do. I don't know. The thread is kind of bothering me.

No. I wouldn't permit my kids to attend a wake, viewing, funeral of someone that they only sort of knew. It's a totally different thing if it's a close friend or relative, but this just seems like going for the sake of being seen by the right crowd.

No. I wouldn't permit my kids to attend a wake, viewing, funeral of someone that they only sort of knew. It's a totally different thing if it's a close friend or relative, but this just seems like going for the sake of being seen by the right crowd.

my thoughts exactly

The other kids are due home in about 5 minutes, and I need to get them to work cleaning the playroom in the basement. We are having our house appraised tomorrow, and I want things to look nice. Wish me luck. My kids figure that after a full day at school they should be able to relax and watch Spongebob! Not today!!!
Good luck with the appraisel!:wizard:

my thoughts exactly

OK, so I am not the only one. DH agrees with me that only kids who are FRIENDS of the boy should attend to show their support.
The thread is about 3 pages long, and EVERYBODY is saying that the OP is wrong to keep her DD at home.

The concert was pretty good. There were some duets and solosists in the choir segment. One soloist was wonderful, she could have a chance at a career, the others were horrible. I felt so sorry for them. They should not have been allowed to do so as it was so bad people were looking away in order to not laugh. Think American Idols try outs :headache: The rest of the concert was very good. There were some Christmas tunes mixed in there too.

Well, Timothy finally decided to take a nap without me holding him!!! While he's been asleep, I've done a load of laundry, dishes, started my lists for next week, and made some "hot chocolate cones" to give to some neighbors. I still have to type up the instructions for the cones, but that should be easy enough.

The other kids are due home in about 5 minutes, and I need to get them to work cleaning the playroom in the basement. We are having our house appraised tomorrow, and I want things to look nice. Wish me luck. My kids figure that after a full day at school they should be able to relax and watch Spongebob! Not today!!!

I missed this earlier....why is the house being appraised?? I am a nosey Nelly!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter