DDA Chapter 13

Status
Not open for further replies.
We got the flyer but the dates are not good for us so we didn't give it any thought beyond that.

Tammi, I ALWAYS consider going on the SS Member Cruise... it's usually a wrong date or too expensive, though! I only hear wonderful things about it though!
They aren't 'great' days for us. It would be the second week of school here. But really, how much could they miss in the second week? :confused3 Just review mostly, and socialization, forming the new cliques.

They aren't 'great' days for us. It would be the second week of school here. But really, how much could they miss in the second week? :confused3 Just review mostly, and socialization, forming the new cliques.

I would look into what it offers for kids. I'm sure it has tons, but all the "extra" stuff I hear about for the member cruise is lectures, tastings, etc that would obviously be geared more for adults. I'm betting since it's DCL that they don't replace or take away any kids activities, but I'd just make sure the rest of the cruise is functioning as usual when taking kids. Does that make sense? I'm sure it's an easy answer to find. I just would imagine that if anything is 'missing' from the kids activity, AND it's a more expensive cruise, that another week - with better dates even - might be a better option. There are tons of DISers that always take the cruise though, so that would be really fun!

ETA: On second thought, book the WB Repo for 2010! :teeth:

I would look into what it offers for kids. I'm sure it has tons, but all the "extra" stuff I hear about for the member cruise is lectures, tastings, etc that would obviously be geared more for adults. I'm betting since it's DCL that they don't replace or take away any kids activities, but I'd just make sure the rest of the cruise is functioning as usual when taking kids. Does that make sense? I'm sure it's an easy answer to find. I just would imagine that if anything is 'missing' from the kids activity, AND it's a more expensive cruise, that another week - with better dates even - might be a better option. There are tons of DISers that always take the cruise though, so that would be really fun!

ETA: On second thought, book the WB Repo for 2010! :teeth:
:rotfl: That would be fun. But I don't want to wait that long! Thanks for the info.

Nicholas' football pictures came yesterday.

img001.jpg

We always toy with the idea...but the price really holds us off...I am not sure (in my mind at least) I can justify the extra cost.

4 other couples and Bill & I are planning a cruise...but it will be on RCL...so far I am impressed with the pricing structure

Who got the flyer from DVC for their member cruise '09? Is anyone considering going?

Good thoughts for your brother and his friends. :wizard:

So if you can send good thoughts and prayers to my brother and his friends. They were in an accident. One of them is at the hospital, as they think he broke his arm or dislocated his shoulder.

They were driving through a green light and another car pulled out and hit them.

I guess I should share my news with my DDA friends. I couldn't post anything earlier since I was not allowed to tell ANYONE! I have been asked to take a promotion. Normally, it would mean moving to Lansing. I told them I can't move to Lansing anytime soon so I turned down their offer. They feel that it is so important for me to be in the job that they are willing to have me be in Lansing half time but still get the promotion. I'm already in Lansing almost 1/2 time (some months more, some months less) that I took the promotion. Well, actually it is an acting position with a required interview and they have to interview at least 3 people. It is possible that someone else will be better qualified (but not likely). I start in the new level on November 3 as the acting working out-of-class (which means I get a pay increase even during the acting period).

It was very hard to tell my team that I was moving up. They are the greatest team ever. They have been one of the main reasons I have been so successful. However, I feel I can do more for them (& others at their level) if I take this position. Several of them told me I have been the best boss they have ever had. And they are all 29 or older so we aren't talking about people who have only had one or two bosses. :lmao:

congratulations!!

DS will be in 8th grade next year so I am not brave enough to take him out of school. He will miss a few days next December as it is. I think he thinks we are going to WDW again in December THIS year, but we really aren't. No surprises, no getting up one morning to hop on a plane, no going to the airport after school. I think he is going to be disappointed when he realizes I am not joking when I say we aren't going this December.

Tammi, what a handsome picture!

Nicholas looks like quite the football pro! :thumbsup2

Well, it's official. DS will be naked until the weather warms up. :rolleyes1 He has exactly 3 pairs of casual pants that fit (including the jeans we bought the other night), 3 sweatshirts, and nothing else. I had $20 in Amazon gift cards so I ordered 2 more pairs of jeans for him. Free shipping, so the total was only $24 for both. Who knew Amazon sold Levi's? Very handy! :thumbsup2

Between none of my jeans fitting, DH needing pants for work, and DS having virtually nothing, my next trip to the mall could get rather pricey. :scared: I wasn't planning to buy a Partners card but I might have to rethink that!

Elin -- I obviously can't find our ramblings about Eric Whitacre, but have you heard/seen/performed "Cloudburst"? Oh my gosh, it's great! (Of course). Last night I saw it performed and they used all of these instruments and snapping and such to make 'rain'... and it's a remarkable arrangement of course. It's another set to a poem by Octavio Paz (like Waternight, at least).... so good!! I was thinking of you! :goodvibes

I have not seen it performed, Jennifer. Sounds like I would love it, though. I will have to see if there is something on YouTube! I will let you know... and thanks for thinking of me in the middle of a concert. :goodvibes

Found it! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I3fydE6LKq4&feature=related so cool!!!

He does. He kind of looks like Santa and uses a scooter. He is such a nice guy, and it's fun working with him at night. Can't beat another Disney fanatic at work!
I think ive met him at a meet in disney a few years ago--if it is who i am thinking of , he is such a nice man!

So if you can send good thoughts and prayers to my brother and his friends. They were in an accident. One of them is at the hospital, as they think he broke his arm or dislocated his shoulder.

They were driving through a green light and another car pulled out and hit them.
youve got it--hop they are okay
I guess I should share my news with my DDA friends. I couldn't post anything earlier since I was not allowed to tell ANYONE! I have been asked to take a promotion. Normally, it would mean moving to Lansing. I told them I can't move to Lansing anytime soon so I turned down their offer. They feel that it is so important for me to be in the job that they are willing to have me be in Lansing half time but still get the promotion. I'm already in Lansing almost 1/2 time (some months more, some months less) that I took the promotion. Well, actually it is an acting position with a required interview and they have to interview at least 3 people. It is possible that someone else will be better qualified (but not likely). I start in the new level on November 3 as the acting working out-of-class (which means I get a pay increase even during the acting period).

It was very hard to tell my team that I was moving up. They are the greatest team ever. They have been one of the main reasons I have been so successful. However, I feel I can do more for them (& others at their level) if I take this position. Several of them told me I have been the best boss they have ever had. And they are all 29 or older so we aren't talking about people who have only had one or two bosses. :lmao:
Congrats!!
Nicholas' football pictures came yesterday.

img001.jpg
too cute!

Tammi-Nicholas is going to be such a heatbreaker:lovestruc What a handsome young man he is.

Hi, Tia! Just wanted to thank you again for the link to the free theater tickets! DS and I really enjoyed the show!! :goodvibes

I'm glad you enjoyed it! We ended up not going to ours as it was Hansel and Gretel and Terra has a big thing with witches right now, plus it would have been a rush to get there after swim lessons. Now she's excited though as there's some local group doing a play of various storybooks and If You Give a Pig a Pancake and Diary of a Worm are two of the stories they are doing. She loves those two books plus I know likes some of the others.

Becky, Good thoughts and :wizard: for your brother and his friends. Enjoyed your lastest installment!

Vicki, Congrats on the promotion!!! :cool1:

Tammi, Continued :hug:'s

Elin, :hug:'s for Bob. I am glad he is "safe" but how horrible for all of his friends

Tia, Have fun with all of your activities!!

Elizabeth, Glad you and DS enjoyed the play. I hope you can find a class for DS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter