DD 10 and Character meals as an adult?

Disneycrazymom

DIS Veteran
First I just realized today that my DD who is 10 is an adult for the Character meals. Up until today I thought it was up to and including 10 year olds for the kids price. I have 3 booked for our 8 day trip! The thought of paying between $25 and $32 for her to eat 2 bites does not make me a happy camper! If I switch to other restaurants with a menu can she order a kids meal? For example Sci Fi and Rose and Crown? Thanks!

If you are at an a la carte restaurant, yes, she can order from the kids' menu. But remember that all character meals are either buffets or all you can eat and she will need to pay the adult price there.

Thanks. I think I will switch all but 1 of the character meals for someplace she can order off the kids menu. This year we may even stick with mostly counter service. I am just not going to pay that kind of money for her when she won't eat more than 2 bites.

I was there the year they changed the ages for dining purposes. We were there in June and my dd was considered a 'child', but when we returned in August, she was magically an 'adult'..her birthday is in Oct!!! Drove me nuts. Only booked one character meal for that Aug trip..she isn't a big eater, so the price for character meals is a waste for us.

Oh that would be worse!!! I am just so glad I realized this before we left. At least I can rearrange our plans.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter