• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

DCL - Prices Thru Canadian Travel Agents

DisneyLisa

<a href="http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis-sponsor/index.
Can anyone tell me about their experience comparing prices of a Disney Cruise with Canadian travel agents vs booking directly with DCL.

My quotes from Canadian travel agents seem to work out to approximately $212 CAD more per person...which is exactly what the Canadian Tour Operators are charging for Port Charges. I asked DCL if all taxes were included in their quote & they told me "yes, all taxes & fees are included". I'm getting a quote of ~$3950 CAD (using an exchange rate of 1.4...which is high) from DCL & $4375 CAD from 2 different Canadian travel agents. I know the obvious thing would be to go directly with DCL but I have a reason for preferring to do it through a specific travel agency in this instance (long story). When you book thru DCL are you later "dinged" with Port Charges or is it just cheaper to book directly with them. I appreciate your thoughts, comments & experiences. :) Thanks.

I got a quote a little cheaper from my TA. Not much, less than a hundred difference from DCL's website. Then she watched my fare and let me know when it dropped and we chose to upgrade cabins.

It all depends on when you are planning on sailing, seems 2005 pricing is way out there!

Whether you are asking for a specific cabin, Eastern or Western, etc., etc...

And you know how I feel about TA right now!:rolleyes:

Right now are dollar is going up, up, up! YIPEE!

Good Luck in your decision, sorry can't really help but there is always DU!
Scratch
pirate:

PS I went with CAA due to the fact that I did not rebook on board therefore no credit but with CAA will get the Drinking Mugs ($70 USD) savings right there.

I booked two cruises and I always used my TA.

I had better price than DCL and even DU.

Check if the price of your TA includes transportation to port maybe that is why it is higher.

The price that I got is always with the port charges and taxes included. You must know however that the tips for the server, head server, assistant server and room hostess are never included.

I just got the latest quote from my TA (decided to upgrade a category) & the difference in price between them & DCL is $686 CAD. :eek: She says Canadian Travel Wholesalers are paying a higher exchange rate than we're seeing now because they negotiated their prices with Disney a long time ago. Still, this is for a cruise in 2005...you wouldn't think they would have negotiated prices that long ago, seeing as though Disney just released their prices last week. And exchange rates have been pretty decent for a while now.

The prices I'm comparing include: cruise, all taxes, ground transportation, insurance & air. It's interesting momofofo22 that you get a better price from Canadian TAs. Even when I've compared prices for a DC in the past...the Canadian TAs have always been higher than the price I've been quoted by DCL. :confused:

Why not ask your TA to book the cruise directly through DCL? They can do it, although they may not want to. Often times our commissions through a Can. wholesaler is higher than through Disney, and perhaps the agency you are dealing with doesn't normally book through DCL, but it can be done.

We just booked our 3rd last week for the Western in 2005. It really depends who you book it with. DCL directly wanted 4920.08/US. Cruise ship centres here in Edmonton wanted 7286.00/CAN. I booked through my regular agent for 6188.00/CAN This is for 2 adults, 2 children 3 & 9 in a cat 5. These prices are for cruise only and no transfers.

Wendy

Whenever we book a Disney Cruise, our travel agent charges the exact same price that shows up on the Disney Cruise site of the internet
We have booked 5 Disney Cruises with the same travel agent and the price has always been what the web site quoted

Just curious, how far in advance do you or should you book a cruise?
We bought annual passes and are thinking about our first ever cruise next fall and why not do Disney then we could add a few days at the World to make it perfect!
Right now we are just thinking about it but if we have to book sooner than later I better know now and make some decesions!
Thanks for all the info!

Jennifer

Hi Kelsey's Mom
We have been on 4 Disney Cruises with our 5th in January 2004.
I don't think it matters too much when you book, if you watch the Disney Cruise Line website the prices don't seem to change.
We have booked from 6 months away, to 2 weeks before sailing date. If you want a specific category of cabin, or are planning to go during a busy time, you might want to book it early, to be sure you get what you want.
Hope you enjoy your Disney Cruise!!!

Hey Kelsey's Mom
Just realized that you are going to WDW on November 10 and we are going on November 7 and will be leaving on November 10.
We can't wait, hope you have fun.

Robin

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter