DCA Food & Wine Festival 2024 Superthread - Read First Post for Updates - Now Updated with Full Menus

There’s a fun game to play at the festival: Spot the Typo.

For beginners, there’s a mistake on every directory sign: “WIne”.

For advanced players: How many mistakes make Gordon Ramsay sound like an incoherent idiot?
Spotting typos can indeed be a fun game! As for Gordon Ramsay, the number of mistakes that could make him sound like an incoherent idiot is likely subjective and depends on one's tolerance for colorful language and critique in his communication style. It's all part of his unique charm!

Oh wow, only 4 days. That is a bummer. Thank you for their schedule though; that definitely helps with planning. They are a favorite of mine as well.

I was at least hoping for every Sunday. I will be there this Sunday and over Easter so I was hoping to see them at Easter. They really are fantastic.

Anyone know what the prize is if you collect all 12 stamps at F&W?
I believe they just give you a stamp of completion. I've read in the past they would have a commemorative item, but I think now, the commemorative item is the Lanyard for Magic Key Holders for purchasing a Sip and Savor.

12 stamps for what at F&W? What are the stamps for?
You can get a free tasting passport, which is a little booklet that describes what each marketplace has. There's a place for each marketplace to stamp if you get something there, and then two extra ones (one for Paradise Garden Grill and one for Disney Home), for a total of 12. Sounds like not much of a prize, though, if it's that you just get another stamp. A CM had mentioned it could be a pin or something...

I believe they just give you a stamp of completion. I've read in the past they would have a commemorative item, but I think now, the commemorative item is the Lanyard for Magic Key Holders for purchasing a Sip and Savor.
Thanks! That's not much of a prize - a CM had mentioned that they had done pins in the past, but if it's just a stamp, that's quite underwhelming IMO.

Thanks! That's not much of a prize - a CM had mentioned that they had done pins in the past, but if it's just a stamp, that's quite underwhelming IMO.
You know what, I was going by the Lunar NY festival where my booklet said you get a stamp of completion. I'm watching Provost Park Pass and he says it is a prize, so maybe they've upped their offerings for food/wine festival!
Starts @ 1:05

Are we doing reviews here? I was only able to try two items yesterday and I just had surgery today so I won’t make it back again this year, wish I could have tried a few more things, but oh well!

E2483EB7-6D36-4A18-9F1D-D123511290B8.jpeg
LA Style
Carnitas-style Pork Belly with esquites corn mac salad featuring Tajín Habanero (New)

I was fully expecting to love this. My mistake for misreading and thinking is was warm mac n cheese but it’s cold macaroni salad. Way too heavily dressed and just wasn’t my favorite. Pork belly was supposed to be warm (I think) but mine was room temp. Very fatty and meat was somewhat firm and dry rather than tender. It’s a no from me.

1C388C40-E62C-414E-B70B-F68AFF8DF1D5.jpeg
California Craft Brews
Cheeseburger Bao with Thousand Island dressing, grilled onions, pickle, and tomato relish (New)

When I first read the description of this I thought it sounded weird but I saw so many people say they love it on social media so I had to try it. The ground beef, grilled onion and bao bun were soft and warm, the chopped pickle and tomato were cold and crunchy. The flavor was very tasty and cheeseburger-y while the bao bun tasted very much like an excellent bao bun. Honestly it was a very unique and perfect melding that complimented each other well. Sleeper hit! 9/10, wish I got two.

Finally made it to Food & Wine over the weekend. I have to say, this year was quite an improvement over 2023 -- despite fewer booths.

The merchandise this year was outstanding! I was happy to see a return of a F&W t-shirt, and the wine glasses also had a more unique design compared to 2023.

Our highlight of the festival was the pork belly from LA Style. The low of the festival was the pizza-flavored wings from Cluck-A-Doodle Moo. We were unable to try anything from Nuts About Cheese because it was raining and the booth flooded. And it was clear that they reduced the number of booths this year due to the number of construction walls throughout DCA.

We did the beer tasting with Stone Brewing, and it was fantastic. Plus, it was moved inside Carthay Circle due to rain, which was a delight.

And after several years of complaining about the lack of wine at the festival, they had more wine offerings at dining locations throughout the park. Nice to see the festival return to form.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter