Day in Seaworld but photo id needed?

General Panic

Mouseketeer
Hey guys
I did post this already in the Seaworld section but thinking about it now it's likely i'll get a better responce asking in here.

I've booked a day ticket direct on Seaworlds web site for early september and printed off the voucher. It says no need to exchange just go to the gate and show it along with photo id.

My questiion is has any UK visitors done this and do they insist on full photo id? I don't drive so all i will have is my passport which i'm not keen on trooping round the park especially as im an Atlantis fan and don't want it soaked.

I have taken a couple of photo copies of my passport and wonder if they would accept that as Id? I don't want to get turned away if i turn up with not enough id on me.

Any advice as usual appreciated.

PS so far 108 views in the Seaworld forum but no replies. I think carrying ID with you at all times is possibly more an American thing they do for granted?

PPS for MODS. , if double posting not allowed i apologise and please delete one of my threads you think apropriate.

It has been a while since we did this but we had to show photo ID when we went. Why not Email SeaWorld directly and ask the question, they are usually pretty helpful and have always responded promptly to enquiries I have sent in the past. That way, at least you have a definitive answer as most people here would likely be just guessing.

Cheers Wilma , that's worth a try. Was hoping someone was just back and went through this experience in person.

PS so far 108 views in the Seaworld forum but no replies. I think carrying ID with you at all times is possibly more an American thing they do for granted?

As an Alien (no, not from outer space, just a foreigner, lol), you are required by Law to have in your immediate possession the documents proving that you have legally been admitted on US soil. (CBP admission stamp, that was stamped on your passport by the immigration officer)

I know some will say that in the Orlando area, it's very unlikely to get arrested for not having the proper documents in our immediate possession
but by the letter of the law, you're required to carry it at all times while on US soil.

As an Alien (no, not from outer space, just a foreigner, lol), you are required by Law to have in your immediate possession the documents proving that you have legally been admitted on US soil. (CBP admission stamp, that was stamped on your passport by the immigration officer)

I know some will say that in the Orlando area, it's very unlikely to get arrested for not having the proper documents in our immediate possession
but by the letter of the law, you're required to carry it at all times while on US soil.

That is good to know!!! Also reminded me that I need to get my visa waiver thing sorted so thanks!!

Good lord , i've only been to Florida 23 times and did not know that!!!!

Thankfully we don't drive and stay on site in Disney and Universal so have never encounted a LEF , ever *touch wood* so not been an issue. I certainly would not be keen on dragging the familys passports round every park every day , i wouldn't be able to relax in fear of loseing them :scared1:

Good lord , i've only been to Florida 23 times and did not know that!!!!

like I said, it's not like "la migra" will deport tourists who would happen to leave passports at the hotel. You'd have to be arrested by a CBP officer ... not going to happen at theme parks :p

what I mentionned the Law for is that Seaworld could expect guests to have a photo ID to go along with their vouchers/will call, since tourists are required to have such ID. (even if, in real life, tourists leave passports in the safe)

Now wether they check or not ... it's another story (and it was your opening question)

it's like at Disney's, I've been asked for photo ID by some CMs for purchases at some stores, using my Magic Band which has a PIN code ...

in the end it all depends on the CM or TM at the desk.

If there is one thing that is consistent with CMs it is the inconsistency of the way they enforce policies.

it's exactly as wilma-bride said, it can only be a wild guess.
The only official answer can come from Seaworld (and even then, policies seem to change)
Don't just rely on experiences. Because if you asked 2 guests who went to seaworld today, both guests would probably have a different story regarding ID checks.

I have only ever visited Sea World with they type of admission you describe and have always taken out passports which have been checked, but then I am always holding them out! I don't carry passports to anywhere else in Orlando, just Sea World and Discovery Cove. It's a case of not wanting to find out they really mean it by been turned away!!!

We've taken printed off tickets to Sea World several times and have never been asked for ID. Just scanned the bar code and gone right in. However I can't say that people would never be asked for photo ID because as you say it does state on the ticket that it is required!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter