• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Day 4, Monday, August 20, 2001 “Goin’ home!” (1/2 Day at Univ, 1/2 day at WDW)

Cora

Constantly in trip planning mode...I want to go aw
Woke up, got breakfast, finished packing and left the bags with bell service and headed off to do what ever was left. We got to the Studios early and walked a bit. We did Hanna Barbera, Kongfrontation (took a great picture) and had to do MIB again (I scored 145,000 without the bonus!). After this we headed to Nick. Kids Meca! Anthony was thrilled, Angelica, Tommy, Chuckie, CatDog all in attendance. The tour was fun. Anthony thought the Yak Master was great. At the end we headed down to partake in some games they were trying out. Anthony was chosen to be in the Jimmy Neutron Trivia Game. Being the proud parent I have to say he knew all the answers! ;-) From there we headed to the Terminator store because we promised him a Terminator figure, big, ugly silver thing that cost $38! What were we thinking??? LOL

We then headed to IOA to do Spiderman and Seussland. What a difference when there are no tech difficulties. The line for Spidie moved, thank you FOTL. What an amazing ride! I just can’t get over it. I have never seen anything like it. But I do agree with Kelly Monaghan’s book that you don’t get the plot because it can be hard to hear. We then asked Anthony, “do you want to go to Seussland?” He actually said, “NO!” So we headed off to HRH to head home to BWV.

We got the car and headed home. We arrived to a lot of construction on the Porte Clochere. Checkin was a breeze, but the CM we had had no personality. Plus she did not give us our folder and was insistent that we were to be charged for valet. More of that later. Our room wasn’t ready so we headed off to Beaches and Cream for lunch. I was surprised no wait and Stormalong Bay looked empty! We had a nice leisurely lunch followed by a huge banana split. Thank you Connections Quick Lunch Vouchers, they are really worth it in B&C. After lunch we head over to Epcot to turn in the AP voucher we have, get Anthony’s 4day hopper and purchase another AP. We’re finished in time to get the boat and head to BWV to see if the room is ready. It is! This is the first time we didn’t have to wait til 4p. For the first time I splurged and got a preferred view. Never again. We had a Luna Park view, which would’ve been fine. But our balcony had a tree in front of it and the only thing we could really see was the top of the Swan/Dolphin and the top of the slide! Give me my standard overlooking the front any day! Well, we unpack and lay low for a bit. The room is in great shape. One large chip was taken out of a corner of the wall but that was really it.

While everyone lounged, me being very anal and the type that reads fine print, I called Member Services to ask about Valet charges. After being on hold I spoke with a very nice CM who confirmed that I was right. No charge for DVC members using valet at BWV or WLV. She was so good she called BWV and spoke with Jean, a supervisor (I think), and assured me there would be no charge. She also said Jean would address those at the front desk so they would give out the correct info.

We’re rested time to venture to Disney Quest. This is our first time. It is so cool. I think hubby & I were more thrilled with the classic video games than the virtual reality. Actually, Anthony and Frank had a ball boxing. I was exhausted after Mighty Ducks Pinball. We all did Aladin’s Flying Carpet, very cool! After about 1 ½ hours we headed to Wolfgang Puck’s Café for dinner. Very good! Very attentive. From here we went back to DQ for about another hour. When we were getting ready to leave the weather started to get nasty but we needed munchies, beer & wine. So we headed to Goodings and I being the wonderful wife that I am, went out in the pouring rain to get the groceries!

That done, we headed back, put the food away and headed off to bed…

thanks for the reports Cora! They were fun to read> Two questions for you

IS the jimmy neutron movie playing in your neck of the woods?
how often do they do the nick tours? I guess you did not need a res?

The nick tours run daily from 8am til I think 6pm. Jimmy Neutron is coming out I think in Nov. Looks cute!
Cora

Great day! Despite to snooty CM at the Boardwalk, glad you got that resolved!!!

Me and DH loved the classic games at DisneyQuest too! It was our first trip (after countless trips to DisneyWorld) last time, and we had a blast! We actually could have spent more rime there, this is a new must do on our list for stops at Downtown Disney!

Great reports... off to read the next one! :D

Cora
Where did you get your Connection food
vouchers? How long did it take for them to
arrive? I am wanting to get them, but I
couldn't find the right web site. I will
need to send for them very quickly, don't
have much time before leaving on our trip.

Mustangdi,
First you have to join connections at www.123connections.com, I think that's the site. Once you join you can order them. However, one of the reasons I cancelled was because there was huge mixup and it took forever for the vouchers. You may want to search the Budget Board and the Restaurant Board to see if there has been any better service from Connections.
Cora

Cora
Thanks for your quick answers about Connections.
I found the right site and joined. Guess what,
they are having computer problems and the site
is not working. I called the ph. # they had
listed and I got a recorded message to this
effect. Well now I have a membership # and I
can't do a thing with it. I will have to cancel
it before I get a charge on my CC, what a mess!!
I see why you canceled with them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter