Day 3 (Seaworld) and Day 4 (US/IOA)

PaulAllensMom

Earning My Ears
On day 3 of our trip, DS and I caught the HRH shuttle to Seaworld for the day, and had a great time. I'll post about that portion of the trip on the Seaworld board. The next day, we headed back to US and IOA.

Day 4 – 5/29/02 – Wednesday

Wednesday was our last day at the parks, so we decided to hit all of our favorites again, and try to fit in anything we missed. We went to Universal Studios first, and rode MIB twice, our scores were much better this time. We both broke 200,000. Then DS wanted to see Twister again, so we headed in that direction. It’s pretty fun, I like the part where the cow flies by. Okay, that part is a little “cheesy.” I managed to quit thinking about real tornados and just enjoy the show. Earthquake was open, so we went to that. It was okay, I thought the “pre” show was kind of slow. I wish they would just put you straight into the trams for the earthquake simulation. We then went back to MIB and rode several more times. We reached our high scores of 275,000 (Me), and 281,325 (DS). I bought the picture when DS hit his high score, so we could memorialize the moment. He was pretty excited, but I know we can do better. Just wait till next time. We ate lunch at the International Food and Film Festival, which was good. They had a large variety of food, and it was fun watching the movie clips and trying to figure out which movies they were from. Especially when the clip was dubbed in a foreign language. I had a Mediterranean salad, with tuna, which was pretty good, DS had fried chicken, and we split a fruit plate. I like the fact that you can buy fresh fruit at most of the restaurants at US/IOA. As we were headed out of US, we decided to stop at the Terminator 2 show. I’m really glad we did, because it was much better than I thought it would be. It’s more like a movie than the other shows, you sit in a theater and watch a short film based on the Terminator 2 movie, with 3D effects, but it was really pretty good. DS loved it. Then we headed back to HRH to put away our MIB photo, and rest for awhile before hitting IOA. We went back to IOA about 3:00, and immediately rode Hulk 2 times in a row. I took more Dramamine, and we rode Doctor Doom’s Fearfall again. I’m getting used to being thrown rapidly up in the air for several hundred feet, and then dropped. Nothing to it. It's fun. We wanted to ride Dudley Do-Right’s Ripsaw Falls this time, but it was closed due to "technical difficulties." Oh, well, we headed back to Camp Jurassic, but this time I put a 15 minute time limit on DS. I sat in front of the misters at the entrance to Camp Jurassic and cooled off while DS ran around exploring for a while, then we headed for the Jurassic Park River Adventure. We were really getting hot and needed a water ride. DS loved the River Adventure, so we rode it twice. It’s really a fun ride, and the big drop at the end is great. It was getting a little late, and the park was going to close at 7:00, so we headed for the Dueling Dragons, which was the main thing DS wanted to ride. He wanted to ride Ice, since we only rode Fire the first time. We rode Ice, then Fire again, then Ice again. I was so dizzy by that time, I can’t really tell you what the rides were like. I think it was fun. Apparently, DS is turning into a real coaster maniac. We passed by Mythos, but it was closed by then, and I’m sorry I didn’t get to eat there this trip. Maybe next time. We passed by the Mystic Fountain (right in front of the Eighth Voyage of Sinbad), and it was just hilarious. Several children were shouting things like “I want a drink” and “Act like a volcano”, and the fountain was obliging. The fountain also talks, and responds to questions. It was really cute, DS and I were laughing our fool heads off. It was close to closing time by then, so we headed for Port of Entry and back to HRH. We were both worn out and needed to pack, so I ordered a pizza from Pizza Hut, and DS watched Harry Potter (again!) while I packed. (Pizza Hut will deliver to the hotel, but you have to walk down to the main entrance to meet the delivery guy). I wanted to do some laundry, but all the washers were tied up in the guest laundry rooms on the 4th and the 2d floors, until past 10:00, so I gave up for the evening. They really should have more than 4 washing machines. But, I got up at 5:00 the next morning, and no one was using the washers. That is definitely the time to do laundry. Unfortunately, I was wiped out all day due to lack of sleep, but since I was just sitting in an airplane most of the next day, it didn’t really matter. We ate breakfast the next morning at the Sunset Grill, and then it was time to head for the airport. We really enjoyed our trip, I'm ready to go back now. We may have to make it an annual event!

Thsnks for posting. I'm going over to read the Seaworld Report. I'm still undecided if we are going to do that this year. I have never been, I keep thinking in the back of my mind It's not worth the money. But when I saw it on SeaWorld revealed on the Travel channel, they made it seem really enjoyable.

Did your son really enjoy this park?

I think I'll watch this again on the Travel channel, have the family with me and see if they are interested in going.

I'll go read your report maybe I'll change my mind.

Thanks for taking the time to write your reports, I love reading them. We are checking out the Royal Pacific in October. I wish we had time for a visit to the HRH one more time before then.

Patty

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter