• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Day 2, Saturday August 18 Lovin’ All Access!

Cora

Constantly in trip planning mode...I want to go aw
Up, shower and head to the lounge to bring back breakfast. The breakfasts were abundant. Nice pastries, bagels, mini-muffins, etc. Great fruit and cereal selection. The coffee was quite nice too. Orange juice and grapefruit juice. We have a coffee maker in the room, so I made coffee. Head back to the room, eat and we’re off to Universal Studios. DH and I were there in 1993 when I was 7 mos pregnant and in a lot of discomfort so needless to say this was going to be a lot different. We hit all the biggies. Fell in love with MIB. They say to store you stuff in the lockers, unless you have a huge amount don’t bother. Just make sure you secure them. We did Back to the Future, Terminator, Jaws broke down, most of what was in Woody Woodpeckers play area, Earthquake was great too. FOTL really helped it was great to just walk on to most rides. We left about Noon and headed to Emeril’s for lunch. They took us early, we were hungry! Had a WONDERFUL meal and then took the boat back to HRH. Stopped in the lounge for some drinks and headed back to the room for a bit. We thought we’d go to the pool but what happens in FL in the late summer? Yes, rain and thunder and lightening. So we rented the Mummy Returns and vegged. Actually, this was very nice. Around 5:30 we headed to the lounge for drinks and munchies.

Late Afternoon offerings: Cheese and crackers each day and a veggie tray. They shouldn't publicize it as hors d'eouvres, to me it is a different connotation. There was a lovely selection of liquor. Several different types of beer and 2 types of wine. Along with various other non-alcoholic drinks. The offerings did not change.
It’s now about 6 and we decide let’s head back to the Studios. It’s not raining too bad and I packed raincoats so off we go. First thing we do is Terminator, Excellent…Anthony just loved it. Then we did Twister, glad we had those raincoats! LOL. We then decided about 7:30 to head to the Hard Rock. Get the Hard Rock All Access Card. We arrived at the HR Cafe and the line was a mile long. The wait was about 1 hour. I approached the podium and asked "Does this do anything? (showing her the card)" The woman said "oh, yes come with me...seated in 1 minute." This was great. We had a nice meal and headed back to the room around 9pm. What a nice walk.

Stopped in the lounge for milk and cookies and headed off to bed…

Wow! What did you have for lunch at Emeril's? I bet that was fabulous! ;)

And being able to go to the front of the line at HR, that make for a great dinner in iteself!!! :D

Sounds like you had a wonderful time.... off to the next day!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter