Day 2 of 2 friends with 4 kids at RPH Trip Report..Discovery Cove

Tense

Mouseketeer
We all got up early to head out for Discovery Cove! We skipped breakfast this morning and figured we grab something at DC. Got to DC around 9:00am and there was a line of about 25 people, but it moved pretty quick, and they also have a security check for bags, which is what held things up a bit. Everyone was very pleasant. Got to the counter and had our photo id cards done and off we went. Our Dolphin swim was for 11:30 am so that was good. They took a comp photo, showed us were to pick up the scuba gear and vest and off went.The place is amazing .. got our lounges, and lockers, put on sunscreen and headed for the water!I was the 1st time for my family to scuba.. and it took a little time to get used to it. My DS was fine and had a blast (13) ... my DD (8) was a bit nervous in the saltwater pool with all the fish and the stingrays. So.. about 3 hours of trying we both had the knack and her fear was gone(sort of) and we scuba..holding hands it was so awesome! The bird area was terrific. They let you feed the birds.. with live grubs and they fly down and scoop the grub from our hands. Our Dolphin swim was just wonderful. We had Yoko..the kids had a blast.. I did too! Since this was my birthday trip... Yoko was my present! So she said Happy Birthday to me in Dolphin! The only good part of turning 40! After the swim with Yoko... we headed of to eat lunch. They had a nice selection. and a band for you listening enjoyment. As we sat and ate lunch the big bad rain came. And it rained.. and rained.. so after lunch we sat in the rain, in the heated pool area. It never did clear all the way that day, but it was ok.. we were wet and looked like drowned rats anyway! We left around 5:30 picked up our video and pictures (video of the dolphin swim was 59.95) And went to Chevy's for dinner... then checked out the Portofino pool had a frozen mudslide and went back to the RPH to sleep and get ready for day 3. Day 3 was IOA, Where we saw Micheal Jackson!Yes... really!Very cool!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter